Raised by Centaurs (+5 Spear)
Hunter (+5 Spear)

In Game:
Intelligence of the Gods (+40)
Legendary Constitution (+35)

Disciplines (so far...):
Blood Prophet

Focus Skills:
Spear 115% (debating to refine back to 100%, or spike for more ATR)
Warding 53% (for Elemental and Flesh Wards)
Sorcery 60% (for Astral Tether (recall))
Storm Calling 135% (double trains from 133% I believe, so may refine back to 133%)

Powers:
Call the Sky's Fury - GM (does 888 max DMG)
Inflict Poison (DoT) - GM (Ticks up to 296 max/5 seconds; Drains 26 stam max/5 seconds)
Fury of Wind - GM (Crushing DoT [331 max dmg/5 seconds], Snare [-60%], ATR Debuff [-60%])
Leech of Blood - GM (Drains up to 430 HP @ 102% efficiency)
Weakening - GM (-60 STR/DEX) **
Flesh Ward - GM (+75 Pierce/Slash/Crush DMG Absorber)
Elemental Ward - GM ([granted at JM(20)] Magic Resist Absorber)
Hex of the Storm Fury - GM (-50 Lightning Resist Debuff)
Break Enchantment - GM (Buff strip)
Shielding - GM (+400 DEF, +30 Crush/Slash/Pierce Resist)
River of Life - JM (Blood Prophet HoT)
Awaken the Fury - 1 Train (Health to Mana Conversion)
Leech of Spirit - 1 Train (Mana Drain)

Gear:
+12 INT/CON Hood
+10/+10 INT/Storm Calling Jewels
+4/+40 HP Gloves/Sleeves
+5/+5% Boots
+10 INT/+100 Mana Sleeveless Robe
Legendary Storm Spear of Thunderbolts (Focus line is Storm Calling) - Lightning Proc, +15 Sorc/Ward, +10 Storm Calling, +150 ATR

Stats @ lvl 73:
STR 25/85
DEX 50/130
CON 125/125
INT 160/160
SPR 30/85

HP: 2,815 Stam: 312 Mana: 1,246
Def (in O-stance) 1,019 Spear ATR: 1,460 Spell ATR: 1,711

12 Ability Points left (put into SPR?), and 52 Training Points left.

I'm not usually one for posting templates, but I remember seeing a few Spear Furies running around years ago, so decided to try and make one. Keep in mind, I've never built one before and just kind of went with what I thought might be a good idea or work. Also, this is just what I've got on the Test/Preview server.

I took Precise at start because of the ridiculous amount of High DEX/DEF toons (damn DEF Saders :P), so I figured the extra ATR might help. In hindsight, Evil Eye would probably make Precise unnecessary. I tried the Blind spell, but decided against it. Strike Blind takes 4 seconds to cast and lasts for 30 seconds with a 60 seconds recast timer. Evil Eye takes 3 seconds to cast, lasts for 1:10 GMed, and has 0 recast timer. To me, seemed more efficient. Brilliant Mind is a no brainer - Caster toon, INT = Good. Now, I took the 2 +5 Spear starting Runes with the idea that "this could be really point tight." So, +10 to spear would free up some much needed training points. LOL. Now, I have 52 Training Points left over. So, again, in hindsight, probably could have gone to something else.

No, I didn't train Remove Hex. I simply over looked it, and I should dump 40 of the 52 into it. I took the Lightning Proc spear for 2 reasons; 1) Everyone is running Oblivion Procs, so I assumed more people are running Unholy Resists than normal, since EVERYONE can buy them; 2) Because of the Lightning Debuff, the lightning proc will do MORE dmg when it eventually does fire off. Since I'm already going to Lightning Debuff and Lightning Nuke away, mask casting in melee if it comes to it, why not a lightning proc? The general idea was DoT, DoT, debuff, nuke - HoT and strip as needed.

I also considered a Sun Dancer, for the faster attack speed, ergo, more chances to proc. Again, I considered the training points and chose instead to use the focus line spear, since I'd seen people running it before.

I considered using the left over training points for Traveler or Rune Caster (HoT, and Nyth Rune if things got bad).

I've had a few engagements on this toon and was shocked how effective it was. I completely annihilated a Neph Regen Barb with 75% of my HP left. I can see some weaknesses being locked down by PB/stuns from SDers and UA toons, or hit by a 9+ second stun = game over (maybe?).

So... What should I have done differently? Would you refine anything to train something else? I'm really looking for some feed back because I've had a lot of fun with it. Please, let me know. Be critical, if you have to. ^_^

** Edit ** I refined Evil Eye and trained Weakening. I completely overlooked Weakening. Weakening caps at -60 to STR/DEX GMed with a .2 second cast time, 5 second recycle, and lasts for 60 seconds, with no hit roll required.
Pollarixie wrote:
RIP RIFT.

HAIL DIXIE KING OF TS.

LumberjackLarry wrote:
[NS]Rift died to darius fist

h338154
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: Irekei Spear Nuke/DoT/Proc Build?

Post by h338154 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:30 am

I don't see Draw Nature's Fury? Maybe I/you missed it but that's a class defining spell.
Evil Eye stacks with the Mage line debuffs as well. Even 1 train into it grants you another -20ish str/dex.

Good argument against Blind in favor of dex/str debuff but at the end of the day if you are going to be up in someone's face trying to proc I would think the ability to blind them for 30 secs would be pretty integral. It's like doubling your DEF/ATR for 30 secs as well. After all, Proc's not being the most dependable of damages, especially on a 2h weapon, someone may squash you before you have a chance to do much else. Plus if you had to get in Precise to hit someone you'd be taking a nosedive in the damage department. If you GM the blind and combine it with the atr- DoT your opponents ATR will for all practical purposes be worthless. That being said it negates Precise at creation as well. Since your max con won't be that high maybe try and take TaN at creation.

I've seen people go with the t-dag route and hit big numbers but they have never seemed to be practical. You'd get the racial dag bonus though saving you even more points at creation. It would be different if Furies got Wyrmslayer but as far as I know they can't. Keep in mind that with the Blind even if you only have 1200 atr in O stance you'll tear up all but the highest Defense classes, plus the speed from the T-dags makes proccing a bit more practical and gives you a bit more cushion in terms of range.

The Drain is nice but where you can get BP I'd say save yourself the trains and use the BP heal. Where you already get 20 trains into the Elemental DA sometimes I just leave it at that. Useful to a degree even without GM. (When you need to pop it don't forget to hop into D stance for even more resists) Nyth is pretty helpful but you already get BP. Might be worth taking but I only ever felt compelled to take it on non-shades/Irekei. With the Elf heal love Nyth on high Int Elves is super hawt.

It may work in small scale and 1v1 but GvG I don't see it being super-effective. Any Fury flying at me with a spear would catch a stun or root real fast and I imagine it wouldn't take long to get lit up.

Furies get so much damage output I've always fallen back on making them caster damage machines. Props for giving the Melee route a go though. I'm more curious about a High Def fury these days but the whole "don't make cloth def characters" is hard to argue against.

p.s screw Sorcery recall! Save yourself the 10 or whatever trains. Useful but comee onn you don't need that ;)

Ashtaroth
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Ashtaroth » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:36 pm

RiftZM2003 wrote:...

No, I didn't train Remove Hex. I simply over looked it, and I should dump 40 of the 52 into it. I took the Lightning Proc spear for 2 reasons; 1) Everyone is running Oblivion Procs, so I assumed more people are running Unholy Resists than normal, since EVERYONE can buy them; 2) Because of the Lightning Debuff, the lightning proc will do MORE dmg when it eventually does fire off. Since I'm already going to Lightning Debuff and Lightning Nuke away, mask casting in melee if it comes to it, why not a lightning proc? The general idea was DoT, DoT, debuff, nuke - HoT and strip as needed.

I also considered a Sun Dancer, for the faster attack speed, ergo, more chances to proc. Again, I considered the training points and chose instead to use the focus line spear, since I'd seen people running it before....

Truth be told as many have said there are many ways to go about it so I will share some nuggets of knowledge from my own personal experience @ Fury.

Remove Hex > Break Enchantment. It will (currently) remove the majority of Buffs one would want to strip anyways and it cost less mana to use

consider mage root "Spectral Bonds"..helpful in GvG and under situations. I like to root a target debuff 'em and then start my attack chain

consider going sundancer but equiping either 25% daggers x2 or 25% dagger and wand depending on your play style and accessibility to gear/resources. With your INT you won't even have to spend a single point to access them and they can increase your spell ATR at the very least. I like to keep things at range and use Fury abilities to make it so.

Inflict Poison + Bloodfire = no stam. Which will win you most fights. Best used in O-stance for quickest results.

Just food for thought

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:04 pm

2800 hps, no stun, no blind, no root, no DNF, no dampen rage, only an R5 power block (lasts like 2 seconds?), and you're expecting to stand toe to toe with melee.... hmmmm, not so sure about this build.

You want to be able to root them, strip their 1st defense buff, then unload debuffs from range (weakening, evil eye, dampen rage, hex, DNF), then fury of wind to snare/atr debuff, then blind, then stun, and now they are sitting at like 1000 defense and 400 atr (fury of wind + blind -atr stack = they can't hit you because they're atr is retarded low for the next 30s), and NOW you start hitting them with your spear + poison DoT + nargal's + mashing nuke button.

You don't need leech of blood or elemental ward, nor do you need to waste points on sorcery for a silly castable recall (hello, recall scrolls). You really want dampen rage to slow down their hitting you, plus DNF = +50% more damage for your lightning and poison, and stun insures for 9s you're bypassing their passive defense and hitting them with your spear, which will hopefully proc a couple times for 1,500 or so.

I would also consider taking rune caster and getting the heal to go along with the blood prophet HoT. Having both of those heals will allow you to dominate bow scouts and kite other melee with your snare and root and/or flight. Fly up, HoT, spam RC heal, you're back to full in a few seconds.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:48 pm

purple monkey dishwasher

switch up your base con number with your base int number
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty