Sun dancer huntress

Tavik25
Snobo
Snobo

Sun dancer huntress

Post by Tavik25 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:32 pm

I am thinking of rolling one. Not sure to go dex/con or int/con? Going rogue for dodge also. If anyone could throw out some pointers, I've never rolled a huntress.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Sun dancer huntress

Post by tooshifty » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:06 pm

The only advantage of going SD over spear on a huntress is the def cut. It is still a viable option but the spear huntress will prove more powerful. I would suggest NOT going dex. You'r better off going either HIGHcon/int regen, or HIGHint/con/dex def(2kdef). Since SD is matched only in speed by throwing daggers you will want to do procs. Huntress MA is your friend if your high int. For regen huntresses 50%ma sides +cloth vs 100%ma is a debate (resistance vs regen).
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Pros
-2 weapons (a +165 ATR bonus to your spells)
-Def cut

Cons
-You lose a dot
-20/30 UA/SD powers are subpar compared to spear/bow
-More trains needed because your weapon isn't WotG based

It's a viable option, yes, but there's other classes that do SD better, plus you miss some huntress goodies. Why not a Ranger if you must go SD? Go dex/con as you get about the same power ranks IIRC and you get a +50% damage bonus.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Steffa97 wrote:Pros
-2 weapons (a +165 ATR bonus to your spells)
-Def cut

Cons
-You lose a dot
-20/30 UA/SD powers are subpar compared to spear/bow
-More trains needed because your weapon isn't WotG based

It's a viable option, yes, but there's other classes that do SD better, plus you miss some huntress goodies. Why not a Ranger if you must go SD? Go dex/con as you get about the same power ranks IIRC and you get a +50% damage bonus.

+1 for high int SD rangers. people dont know what their missing!
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mantis » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:37 pm

The advantage that this would have over a ranger is a ranged snare(GM ice nuke) as well as a root break(1 pt lightning nuke). With rangers, you can only have one or the other (5 points or 40).

The real advantage of SD over spear is it offers a way to go high def with a dex-based weapon and a def cut. Regular UA misses out on the atr cut.

I considered rolling a SD huntress, but decided not to because there is no way to land a hit on a good high def bow scout. There's no way to do it using a spear huntress, either, unless you are using feint and/or valkyr.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Mantis wrote:The advantage that this would have over a ranger is a ranged snare(GM ice nuke) as well as a root break(1 pt lightning nuke). With rangers, you can only have one or the other (5 points or 40).

The real advantage of SD over spear is it offers a way to go high def with a dex-based weapon and a def cut. Regular UA misses out on the atr cut.

I considered rolling a SD huntress, but decided not to because there is no way to land a hit on a good high def bow scout. There's no way to do it using a spear huntress, either, unless you are using feint and/or valkyr.
you can get more than enough def on an int/con nuketress without using a spec of dex.

you dont want feint on an int build.

dex huntresses suck and i pwn them on a scout.

spear huntress/bow huntress high int are more than viable....they are the fad.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Tavik25
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Tavik25 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks for the replies. I have a b blade ranger right now and they have always been my main. Just now days with scout bane going on I always feel like I need some range but with everyone spiking pierce resist I thought going bow would be blah. That's the reason for going huntress for the snare. Casts faster that the ranger one. Guess it would just be better to finish gearing my stalker.

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Tavik25 wrote:Thanks for the replies. I have a b blade ranger right now and they have always been my main. Just now days with scout bane going on I always feel like I need some range but with everyone spiking pierce resist I thought going bow would be blah. That's the reason for going huntress for the snare. Casts faster that the ranger one. Guess it would just be better to finish gearing my stalker.
If you're looking for something to counter scoutbane, you'd be hard pressed to find something better than a Nightstalker.

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mantis » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:42 pm

tooshifty wrote:
Mantis wrote:The advantage that this would have over a ranger is a ranged snare(GM ice nuke) as well as a root break(1 pt lightning nuke). With rangers, you can only have one or the other (5 points or 40).

you can get more than enough def on an int/con nuketress without using a spec of dex.

I wasn't suggesting to train feint. But it's the only way you are going to hit a half-decent scout or thief with no def cut. Go ahead and max LA on your con/int huntress with a crap def stance. No heal, no def cut, anything with high def and an atr cut would work that build over. The rogue spear huntress is a novelty 3 DoT build, nothing more.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Mantis wrote:
tooshifty wrote:

I wasn't suggesting to train feint. But it's the only way you are going to hit a half-decent scout or thief with no def cut. Go ahead and max LA on your con/int huntress with a crap def stance. No heal, no def cut, anything with high def and an atr cut would work that build over. The rogue spear huntress is a novelty 3 DoT build, nothing more.
cat form
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mantis » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:09 am

Have fun casting in cat form.

Or you could roll a viable character with a legitimate def cut.

patcha2565
Snobo
Snobo

Post by patcha2565 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:34 am

Return to “Huntress, Champion of the Amazons”