Warbow/Windbow on a con/int nuke/regen build

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Warbow/Windbow on a con/int nuke/regen build

Post by Badmoon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:10 am

So, last preview I created a con/int human huntress that had major regen, as well as fantastic damage with the poison dot, nukes, etc;
However, I used the windbow. Obviously, I had like 140 WotG so the Windbow was what made sense, but the issue with this is I have no dex, and I am not doing any damage with that bow, its pretty much just so I can get a lucky proc. The War Bow would be soooooo much better for this build but when you take off the windbow and put the war bow on, you lose like 200 ATR on your bow. Now, we were talking in vent last night and couldnt get a clear answer:
DOES THE POISON DOT FROM HUNTRESSES HAVE THE HIT ROLL/FOCUS LINE OF WOTG OR IS IT FROM BOW/ARCHERY?
Black Crown IC

"Badmooning" - To go afk at a time of importance due to a Skah! wife or cranky children.

Rixin
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Warbow/Windbow on a con/int nuke/regen build

Post by Rixin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Its hit to roll/ does not autohit. Tried on SBEmu few weeks ago.

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Rixin wrote:Its hit to roll/ does not autohit. Tried on SBEmu few weeks ago.

You didnt understand my question.
I KNOW its hit to roll aka know it has a hit roll.
I am asking what FOCUS line does it use to decide its ATR?
For example, is the poison dots hitroll based on my Way of the Gaana or is it based on my Archery/Bow ATR?
Black Crown IC

"Badmooning" - To go afk at a time of importance due to a Skah! wife or cranky children.

Rixin
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Rixin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:17 pm

oh ok, sry, but i dont know that..
My guess would be, that you have to hit with bow, so it depends on your weapon attr.

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:39 am

Rixin wrote:oh ok, sry, but i dont know that..
My guess would be, that you have to hit with bow, so it depends on your weapon attr.

Thats what my thinking is too. I always just found it so odd on my previous build when I used my windbow, that I had 2400 ATR roughly in precise stance and would miss that thing sometimes with the opponent def cut, but my nukes rarely ever missed.
Black Crown IC

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Sek » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:52 am

The poison DoT uses Way of the Gaana for ATR.
TSCCC IC

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Sek wrote:The poison DoT uses Way of the Gaana for ATR.
I would politely disagree with this. IMO it's a bow power that only huntress' get and it's listed as such in the wiki. I suppose the easiest thing to do is test it yourself in game. REfine out some points in WotG and see if your ATR lvl on the mouseover of the power drops. If not then you've answered your question it's bow/archery. Or politely ask a dev.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:35 am

Going to test this tonight.
This is a fantastic toon by the way. I wtfpwned a deflar last night like it was nobodys business. Whoever that JF templar was, GF.
My poison dot didnt miss once and I made my bow atr slightly higher than my nuke/wotg focus atr, so im thinking it might be bow.

WE SHALL SEE SIRS
Black Crown IC

xilic
Snobo
Snobo

Post by xilic » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:10 pm

i played a lot huntys on live and felt that the wind bow was only an effect launcher (cuts, snare, bleeds, naargals, etc.) and not really the main damage dealer.

then again on live the r6 pet was a good persistent dot to send against the primary or secondary targets when you were hitting a group lol.

i'm interested in the actual answer as well.
play to crush! - Pyn/LB

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Badmoon wrote:So, last preview I created a con/int human huntress that had major regen, as well as fantastic damage with the poison dot, nukes, etc;
However, I used the windbow. Obviously, I had like 140 WotG so the Windbow was what made sense, but the issue with this is I have no dex, and I am not doing any damage with that bow, its pretty much just so I can get a lucky proc. The War Bow would be soooooo much better for this build but when you take off the windbow and put the war bow on, you lose like 200 ATR on your bow. Now, we were talking in vent last night and couldnt get a clear answer:
DOES THE POISON DOT FROM HUNTRESSES HAVE THE HIT ROLL/FOCUS LINE OF WOTG OR IS IT FROM BOW/ARCHERY?
20 train into Glad's "call of the crowd" - begin every single fight with it. +140 ATR for 2 minutes - long cooldown :?
20 point's into Archer's "precision" - +130 ATR
Yes these stack. combined with your bow's def debuff I think you can hit just about anything even ATR debuffed.

This is what i did on my human scout version of this (except used scout's precision instead of archer) and i never had any problems with ATR even debuffed and i had super low dex ( <70 if i recall) Go with the ATR/proc/proc warbow. This toon rely's on nukes and procs FTW. REsists / pd - heals to stay alive. Too bad you don't get Rune caster.

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Sek » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
I would politely disagree with this. IMO it's a bow power that only huntress' get and it's listed as such in the wiki. I suppose the easiest thing to do is test it yourself in game. REfine out some points in WotG and see if your ATR lvl on the mouseover of the power drops. If not then you've answered your question it's bow/archery. Or politely ask a dev.
I`m 99% sure it`s atr is decided by Way of the Gaana.
But yeah, it would be nice if a dev would chime in.
TSCCC IC

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Sek wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:
I`m 99% sure it`s atr is decided by Way of the Gaana.
But yeah, it would be nice if a dev would chime in.
indeed. I would like to know for certain as well. Who knows i could be any combination of things knowing SBG - wolfpack. Look at the dwarf crossbow. STR for damage and Dex for ATR lol

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:51 am

Cryfowl wrote:
Badmoon wrote:So, last preview I created a con/int human huntress that had major regen, as well as fantastic damage with the poison dot, nukes, etc;
20 train into Glad's "call of the crowd" - begin every single fight with it. +140 ATR for 2 minutes - long cooldown :?
Yes these stack. combined with your bow's def debuff I think you can hit just about anything even ATR debuffed.

This is what i did on my human scout version of this (except used scout's precision instead of archer) and i never had any problems with ATR even debuffed and i had super low dex ( <70 if i recall) Go with the ATR/proc/proc warbow. This toon rely's on nukes and procs FTW. REsists / pd - heals to stay alive. Too bad you don't get Rune caster.
Well I do train precision for the atr, I dont train Call of the Crowd. It might be worth looking into, but 140ATR with an insanely long cooldown just doesnt seem worth 20 points to me. Especially on this thing, which is the most point tight character I have next to my nightstalker or assy.

Now, with that being said, I did a few tests, and I feel that the poison dots focus is the weapon itself. I refined, put a ton more pts in WoTG, and got my nuke atr(focus is wotg) to 2500 ATR in precise. My bow suffered greatly from the refine and I barely cracked 1800 with a WAR BOW(NOT a windbow but this was only way to test this properly). So with 1800 atr bow, 2500 atr nuke(wotg focus), on a high def scout of 2100 defense, I hit the poison dot 3/10 times.

After refining again, and spiking bow taking pts out of wotg, I was up to about 2300 atr bow, and 1900 atr WoTG. Again on a 2100 def scout, I was able to hit 6/10 times.

So my guess, with this hypothesis that the poison dot uses your ATR from your bow/weapon power and not your wotg focus.

I have gone out and pvpd a decent amount on this wth the warbow, I got my atr on my bow to 2170 and my nukes are at 2190. Although my old version of this toon had a 1900 atr on bow, and 2400(roughly) on nukes, I like this version much better.
The war bow procs a lot more than my windbow did, and as long as your making sure to use the def cut and p stance your poison dot, your going to do just fine. I have been eating most toons alive. Most trouble I had was against an SD scout who pellegorned me, but I didnt have to go in form, though I was down to about 900 hp. Rat Catcher is your biggest enemy, but, and I havent checked this yet, isnt UH dispel able to dispel Rat Catcher plague? My poison dot ticks for like 200/tick, which if you add that with the bleed, is fantastic damage on a tick basis. My nuke ranges from like 263-577 or something, and thats the lightning nuke, which also works quite well. I didnt train the cold nuke, but lately I have been thinking of untraining lightning and trying out the cold. Due to all the irekeis that are being played now days, and their low resistance to cold damage, it might be worth a try. But that stun is hard to give up.
I GMD hide on this toon and only put 21 points into sneak. The reason, is because Im high regen so if I can just insta hide for a second and sit down I can regenerate a lot of health. Which is really handy in most cases. Since Im bow, the sneak being better movement speed isnt all that important, and I put 21 into stealth so BH detect cant see me, and I can still only be popped by scouts. It sucks not being able to insta stealth, so on this one toon I feel gming hide is more important by a long shot. Maybe Im wrong.
I live in precise stance, 99% of the time. However, if Im going up against anything not high def Im switching to O stance, and it makes a big difference cause the warbow will proc way more often obviously. You have to time your nukes well whenever your mana is so crappy. I try and save them for the end to get that extra burst to kill the enemy. Ill post my build tonight.
I also trained the pets. Hear me out, they may be a little buggy and dont work as good on live, but, that extra damage is nice to have. The big pet does 250-300 a hit, and the little one like 150-200. I still despise the cooldowns and since I stealth, its a pain in the [fluffy bunnies] when you want to stealth up and lose your pet. So, a good thing to do is first off, only use your pet if you have to. If your going up against a bow scout, you dont need the pet, you should wreck that thing. But if your going up against say a fighter wererat bow ranger or something that can be more troubling, or even a SD scout, or a UA assy or any kind of stalker, those are fights its nice to have that extra couple hundred damage/second. Secondly, inbetween weapon powers or movements spam the "attack" key for your pet, if you hot keyed it cool, if not spam click it, as much as you can because sometimes the pet forgets. If you have to stealth back up after the fight do it. Its not worth getting pellegorned for, UNLESS its a scout on track. If you see a scout on track, even if hes with a partner, just stay visible. Its pointless to lose your pet when your going to get popped anyways. When your big pets down use your little pet. Its worth it.
Last but not least, I have 1 point in cat form. I try to always cast the glad heal on myself before I pop catform so I get max regen %. If you hit glad heal while in cat form in breaks it. So always try to remember to do this, and only not do it, if its an absolute emergency and you have no choice.
The ONE issue I have on this toon, is mana. Because its a high con/int regen toon, mana is definitely an issue. Im wearing all con/con rings and hood and mana just kills me. So, I made a wiz/priest bot for higher mana recov buff and then of course the wiz gives higher spirit/int buff. It has made me think about not going with a 40con/40int and doing 35s and throwing the rest in spirit but the returns are so crappy I cant seem to put myself to do it. A necro bot is huge for this toon though, that void helps you with mana an incredible amount. Which, I plan on finally finishing the necro bot today.
Black Crown IC

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Badmoon wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:

Well I do train precision for the atr, I dont train Call of the Crowd. It might be worth looking into, but 140ATR with an insanely long cooldown just doesnt seem worth 20 points to me. Especially on this thing, which is the most point tight character I have next to my nightstalker or assy.

Now, with that being said, I did a few tests, and I feel that the poison dots focus is the weapon itself. I refined, put a ton more pts in WoTG, and got my nuke atr(focus is wotg) to 2500 ATR in precise. My bow suffered greatly from the refine and I barely cracked 1800 with a WAR BOW(NOT a windbow but this was only way to test this properly). So with 1800 atr bow, 2500 atr nuke(wotg focus), on a high def scout of 2100 defense, I hit the poison dot 3/10 times.

After refining again, and spiking bow taking pts out of wotg, I was up to about 2300 atr bow, and 1900 atr WoTG. Again on a 2100 def scout, I was able to hit 6/10 times.

So my guess, with this hypothesis that the poison dot uses your ATR from your bow/weapon power and not your wotg focus.

I have gone out and pvpd a decent amount on this wth the warbow, I got my atr on my bow to 2170 and my nukes are at 2190. Although my old version of this toon had a 1900 atr on bow, and 2400(roughly) on nukes, I like this version much better.
The war bow procs a lot more than my windbow did, and as long as your making sure to use the def cut and p stance your poison dot, your going to do just fine. I have been eating most toons alive. Most trouble I had was against an SD scout who pellegorned me, but I didnt have to go in form, though I was down to about 900 hp. Rat Catcher is your biggest enemy, but, and I havent checked this yet, isnt UH dispel able to dispel Rat Catcher plague? My poison dot ticks for like 200/tick, which if you add that with the bleed, is fantastic damage on a tick basis. My nuke ranges from like 263-577 or something, and thats the lightning nuke, which also works quite well. I didnt train the cold nuke, but lately I have been thinking of untraining lightning and trying out the cold. Due to all the irekeis that are being played now days, and their low resistance to cold damage, it might be worth a try. But that stun is hard to give up.
I GMD hide on this toon and only put 21 points into sneak. The reason, is because Im high regen so if I can just insta hide for a second and sit down I can regenerate a lot of health. Which is really handy in most cases. Since Im bow, the sneak being better movement speed isnt all that important, and I put 21 into stealth so BH detect cant see me, and I can still only be popped by scouts. It sucks not being able to insta stealth, so on this one toon I feel gming hide is more important by a long shot. Maybe Im wrong.
I live in precise stance, 99% of the time. However, if Im going up against anything not high def Im switching to O stance, and it makes a big difference cause the warbow will proc way more often obviously. You have to time your nukes well whenever your mana is so crappy. I try and save them for the end to get that extra burst to kill the enemy. Ill post my build tonight.
I also trained the pets. Hear me out, they may be a little buggy and dont work as good on live, but, that extra damage is nice to have. The big pet does 250-300 a hit, and the little one like 150-200. I still despise the cooldowns and since I stealth, its a pain in the [fluffy bunnies] when you want to stealth up and lose your pet. So, a good thing to do is first off, only use your pet if you have to. If your going up against a bow scout, you dont need the pet, you should wreck that thing. But if your going up against say a fighter wererat bow ranger or something that can be more troubling, or even a SD scout, or a UA assy or any kind of stalker, those are fights its nice to have that extra couple hundred damage/second. Secondly, inbetween weapon powers or movements spam the "attack" key for your pet, if you hot keyed it cool, if not spam click it, as much as you can because sometimes the pet forgets. If you have to stealth back up after the fight do it. Its not worth getting pellegorned for, UNLESS its a scout on track. If you see a scout on track, even if hes with a partner, just stay visible. Its pointless to lose your pet when your going to get popped anyways. When your big pets down use your little pet. Its worth it.
Last but not least, I have 1 point in cat form. I try to always cast the glad heal on myself before I pop catform so I get max regen %. If you hit glad heal while in cat form in breaks it. So always try to remember to do this, and only not do it, if its an absolute emergency and you have no choice.
The ONE issue I have on this toon, is mana. Because its a high con/int regen toon, mana is definitely an issue. Im wearing all con/con rings and hood and mana just kills me. So, I made a wiz/priest bot for higher mana recov buff and then of course the wiz gives higher spirit/int buff. It has made me think about not going with a 40con/40int and doing 35s and throwing the rest in spirit but the returns are so crappy I cant seem to put myself to do it. A necro bot is huge for this toon though, that void helps you with mana an incredible amount. Which, I plan on finally finishing the necro bot today.
Wait . .. .. you don't know about Glad's call of the crowd cause you are point tight. but train up pets ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? Strategically speaking, the pets are a huge waste of trains. Just settle for hte free trains. Sure your pet's gonna only hit someone 1/10 swings but oh well they aren't worth much more than distraction IMO anyways.

ATr is vital on this toon. Even ATR while GM ATR debuffed. I lived in ATTK stance for the rogue ALAC bonus any time i play this build switching to precise only when debuffed while going against a high def rogue. IMO you should grab a hold of any and all ATR available to you. The timer on call of the crowd sucks - yes. It's a once a fight spell _ yes but it's 2 minutes uptime is awesome if you cast it at the beginning of each fight. I also put at least 1 point into resist pain (+2 c/p/s) for the start of every single fight as well.

As for the mana switch out one ring's con prefix for runed. That extra mana is priceless. On a scout version of this you don't get nukes but the mana is just as important cause you get RC so mana = health = survivability.
YEs UH's dispel disease is GM and does indeed strip off ratcatcher's debuffs although honestly I've only ever been hit with it a small handful of times. It just isn't that popular of a rune these days. I stopped taking UH altogether on this build and just use a bot. saves 20 trains and the proc is better.

IMO the hunty cold nuke is going to be more valuable than lightning. the 60% snare is great for a bow kiter as opposed to a 3 second stun that won't hit them 80% of the time cause they are still immune from the last hit. Although it's max damage numbers are significantly lower i don't think that matters much. In the end you might have to cast one more nuke before your opponent falls over.

If i were you I'd take up bow to the 2/1 threshold then spike WotG then lastly left overs into archery. The bow should be hitting your opponent 90% of the time if you want procs to win the fight for you. Although you seem to have a found a very good balance already and the hunty does get very good offensive nukes.

P.S. this build will work just as good DPS wise with a glass bow AND have even BETTER ATR ! if you can get your hands on one

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:33 am

Cryfowl wrote:
Badmoon wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:

Wait . .. .. you don't know about Glad's call of the crowd cause you are point tight. but train up pets ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? Strategically speaking, the pets are a huge waste of trains. Just settle for hte free trains. Sure your pet's gonna only hit someone 1/10 swings but oh well they aren't worth much more than distraction IMO anyways.

ATr is vital on this toon. Even ATR while GM ATR debuffed. I lived in ATTK stance for the rogue ALAC bonus any time i play this build switching to precise only when debuffed while going against a high def rogue. IMO you should grab a hold of any and all ATR available to you. The timer on call of the crowd sucks - yes. It's a once a fight spell _ yes but it's 2 minutes uptime is awesome if you cast it at the beginning of each fight. I also put at least 1 point into resist pain (+2 c/p/s) for the start of every single fight as well.

As for the mana switch out one ring's con prefix for runed. That extra mana is priceless. On a scout version of this you don't get nukes but the mana is just as important cause you get RC so mana = health = survivability.
YEs UH's dispel disease is GM and does indeed strip off ratcatcher's debuffs although honestly I've only ever been hit with it a small handful of times. It just isn't that popular of a rune these days. I stopped taking UH altogether on this build and just use a bot. saves 20 trains and the proc is better.

IMO the hunty cold nuke is going to be more valuable than lightning. the 60% snare is great for a bow kiter as opposed to a 3 second stun that won't hit them 80% of the time cause they are still immune from the last hit. Although it's max damage numbers are significantly lower i don't think that matters much. In the end you might have to cast one more nuke before your opponent falls over.

If i were you I'd take up bow to the 2/1 threshold then spike WotG then lastly left overs into archery. The bow should be hitting your opponent 90% of the time if you want procs to win the fight for you. Although you seem to have a found a very good balance already and the hunty does get very good offensive nukes.

P.S. this build will work just as good DPS wise with a glass bow AND have even BETTER ATR ! if you can get your hands on one

Ok so I havent had a chance to reply because typing a long post on my phone is annoying. Anyways, yes, I trained up the pets. Like I said in my post before, my original build didnt have the pets, BUT, I trained them up to test them out. It wasnt like a "omg petz are awezome." It was more of a "lets see if its worth it." Plus, obviously rumors of pet changes in the CRT are running rampid. Now, are the pets worth it? No, they arent. I dont recommend anyone to train them. But for some reason it gives me nostalgia. I think once they are fixxed theyll be worth it though. I distinctly remember my huntress pet being super powerful on live. But then again that was like back in 2005, so I dont even know how nerfed they became.

As for call of the crowd. I just cant bring myself to train it because of the ridiculous cool down. Yes, it has great ATR for 2 minutes, but 20 points for 140 atr once every 10 minutes just feels like a waste. Is it a useful skill? Absolutely, is it 100% needed on this build? No. I have level 35 def cut and sit in precise stance for high def enemies.

As for the runed jewelry you mentioned. I cant do it. Part of my builds survivability, is the health regen. If I take off one of my rings/necks/hoods and replace it with runed Im losing some serious health regen. The best part about my build is I can snare an opponent and if I sit down for just a second or two Im regening a ton of health. So I cant do that to save my mana problems.

I DO use a proc bot sader. BUT, because obviously this world/map set is a lot bigger, 15 minutes goes way too fast, so its nice to have the UH for when it runs out, and it happens often. Ill just finally get to a zone and have like 5 minutes left of my proc.
The hunty cold nuke you mentioned, I kind of agree. Like I said I am really trying to test each nuke out. The only thing stopping me is that already have a snare with the bow, but the more irekeis I see, the more I want to train the cold nuke over the lightning nuke.

Oh, one last thing, I was thinking about some other issues, and even though it may be a little silly, I think taking a 35con/35int and throwing the leftover points into spirit might not be as bad as it sounds. Id have like 15 points left, and well, that would give me over 100+ mana. 5 con would give me like 50 hps, and 5 int a few extra atr and damage on my nukes, and ill be lucky to even get 1 extra train out of my focus'. So, the extra 100 mana might not be a bad thing.

And yea, I wish I had a glass bow, itd be amazing.
Black Crown IC

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mantis » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Call of the crowd is a waste on a toon with a level 35 ranged def cut and GM precise stance(+51%). I probably wouldn't even train precision.

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Mantis wrote:Call of the crowd is a waste on a toon with a level 35 ranged def cut and GM precise stance(+51%). I probably wouldn't even train precision.
Some things you should both consider.
4 minutes is a long fight for these toons (although they win through attrition and many fights will go that long) but even with the 2 minute duration you still get >50% of your fight with the buff on. Besides you only really have an 8 minute cooldown because the first 2 are during the buff. And that doesn't really matter as much on a solo toon. It's not a toon to be out steamrolling groups.

By saying "i have a great precise stance" you are not considering what you are giving up by NOT being in ATTK stance namely the ALAC (and to a lesser impact physical damage numbers) which IMO is a far greater loss for not having as much possible ATR as you could have had via those 20 trains.

Remember your number 1 most seen opponent on this toon will be a high def bow scout and they have a GM ranged ATR debuff so plan your build with that in mind. IMO there is no such thing as too much ATR on these. Mine have never had a problem hitting ANY toon even while ATR cut meaning i can spend the entire fight in ATTK stance 99% of the time. I guarantee your average DPS would be higher if you rarely were forced into precise simply because that added alac directly translates into more procs.
@ badmmon
I understand the reluctance about going with one runed jewl. On a scout build with RC that mana = HP. not so with the hunty it only tanslates into more nukes so it's not quite as vital. If you use the sit down tactic and it works then by all means stay with the con. I never cared for it and rarely used it on the scout builds because the RC heals work well enough but i concede the hunty version doesn't have that option.

P.S. I did a Nightstalker version of this during Closed Beta and it was a lot of fun too. Sported a Double x bow for the speed.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Simply put its this vvvvvvvv

Warbow = Much more DPS
Windbow = Much more ATR

Depending on the bow used you will have problems with another huntress.
Warbow = trouble hitting high def toons
Windbow = loosing to another con/int huntress with a warbow due to less dps

Either choice taken you should have archery at exactly 95(think thats the number) for grounding shot as well as bow at 110. Max your way of ganna or at least get it to 125+ depending on race.

Personally i took the windbow for atr because the inability to hit those high def toons can be crippling. I rarely if never fought another con/int huntress who had a warbow.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:24 am

tooshifty wrote:Simply put its this vvvvvvvv

Warbow = Much more DPS
Windbow = Much more ATR

Either choice taken you should have archery at exactly 95(think thats the number) for grounding shot as well as bow at 110. Max your way of ganna or at least get it to 125+ depending on race.

Personally i took the windbow for atr because the inability to hit those high def toons can be crippling. I rarely if never fought another con/int huntress who had a warbow.
Well, like I said my old build had a windbow and higher atr.
My build now has less atr but procs much more.
Yes the def toons I don't hit AS often, but I am still hitting more because of the speed of the warbow and proccing more cause of it.
Now I have decided to do as cry said and untrain the pet for call of the crowd. If pets get fixxed and buffed ill refine. But for now they are just useless.
Black Crown IC

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:38 am

Badmoon wrote:

Warbow = Much more DPS
Windbow = Much more ATR

Yes the def toons I don't hit AS often, but I am still hitting more because of the speed of the warbow and proccing more cause of it.
Now I have decided to do as cry said and untrain the pet for call of the crowd. If pets get fixxed and buffed ill refine. But for now they are just useless.
Call of crowd is a good choice...otherwise a high int def huntress will beat u.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:47 pm

tooshifty wrote:
Badmoon wrote:

Warbow = Much more DPS
Windbow = Much more ATR

I haven't had a problem with most def huntys. The regen usually outlasts their damage. Irekei sd scouts are my big issue. They are just so hard to kite
Black Crown IC

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:14 pm

Badmoon wrote:
tooshifty wrote:
Badmoon wrote:
I haven't had a problem with most def huntys. The regen usually outlasts their damage. Irekei sd scouts are my big issue. They are just so hard to kite
Yes and that's really the only way your going tob eat them : flawlessly kiting them - not easy.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Badmoon wrote:
tooshifty wrote:
Badmoon wrote:
maybe they werent good huntressess =P
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Braxis
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Braxis » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:33 pm

This is my favorite solo toon. I get by just fine in o stance with Atr with a wind bow. I like the wind bow because Atr is still decent with wotg and o stance improves atk speed which helps with more frequent proccing. Never had a problem hitting targets and can get up to 2900 Atr on nukes in precise. Only problem I have is 150%+ dodge with little return. Dodge kinda sucks

ScrappyDoo
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by ScrappyDoo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:24 pm

I am not sure if it was answered, and since the class discussion forums move at a snail's pace I figured I would put in my 2 cents.

The poison DoT is WotG base not bow. You can land the poison DoT without landing the bow hit.

Also, as with any class, the war bow vs windbow is play style preference.

Personally I like the windbow. I can use O stance and still have close to 2k atr with bow and over 2k with nukes. In situations where my bow dps matters I pop GoP. With a LoO Warbow vs a LoO windbow your min/max on my toon is +27min and +68max(mostly because your gaana will be higher then your archery would be) in favor of the windbow(gaana is 140 archery is 95). Bow atr with a LoO Warbow vs a LoO Window in O stance is +348atr in favor of the Windbow.

Call the crowd is good as is the precision. If you have the points I sometimes play around with resist pain. The +10 crush/slash/pierce isn't a terrible return for 20 trains, but its completely a preference thing for me. Typically I ran in 5/5 pierce/pierce resist gear because bow toons were the only things you had to worry about. However, the last phase and this one there has been a huge influx of UA toons so that's been swapped to 5/5 crush/pierce resist with 5crush +10dex gloves and 5 pierce wind boots. With resist pain in huntress MA you have 68.5 crush/pierce resist and without it you have 58.5.

UA scouts/thieves with running are still difficult to kite but if I land a ice bolt on them the fight is usually over because they aren't keeping up with me at that point. After that its just allowing for the poison/bleed to do its job.

Return to “Huntress, Champion of the Amazons”