Snobo

Nurbalicious - Aracoix Nuketress

Post by Nurbz » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:54 am

Starting Traits:
Lucky
Wizard's Apprentice
Brilliant Mind
Military Training

Note: You must take -5 from Strength, Dexterity, and Spirit and -2 from Constitution to fit these traits.

In-Game Runes:
Savant
Gladiator
Archer
Undead Hunter / Saboteur / Prospector (I usually took Prospector for random mine claims)
30 Dexterity

End Stats:
Dexterity - 150
Constitution - 100
Intelligence - 105

Note: I usually maxed out Intelligence, took Constitution to 70, maxed out Dexterity, and then put my last 30 points into Constitution.

Skills:
Bow - 120%
Light Armor - 153%
Dodge - 120%
Way of the Gaana - 133% (Gold)
Archery - 95%

Note: You could take some points from Bow to put into Dodge, although I liked the extra bit of ATR for Naargal's Dart.

Spells:
Hide - 18
Sneak - 40
Grace of the Panther - 1
Call the Sky's Fury - 40
Phaedra's Fury - 30
Vashteera's Blessing - 1

Discipline Spells:
Litany of Serenity (Savant) - 20
Embrace of the Overmind (Savant) - 1
Strength of the Many (Savant) - 1
The Stare (Savant) - 5
Precision (Archer) - 20

If you choose Saboteur as your 4th Discipline (take 2 points from The Stare to compensate):
Infiltrate - 1
Sabotage - 1

Optimal Gear:
Invincible Raptor Hood of Stoneskin
Vorgrim Auxillary's Vest
Vorgrim Auxillary's Gloves
Vorgrim Auxillary's Boots
Vorgrim Auxillary's Leggings
Invincible Raptor Sleeves of Stoneskin
Hematite Amulet of the Gods (12 Int/6 all)
Hematite Ring of the Thanes (12 Int/12 Con)
Hematite Ring of the Mastermind (24 Int)
Peerless Windbow of Oblivion/Truth/Mentalist

Note: The rings are really personal preference. You could do x2 24 Int, or x2 12 Int/12 Con.

Lower End Gear:
Truewrought/Aegis Raptor Hood of Stoneskin
Truewrought/Aegis Raptor Vest of Stoneskin
Truewrought/Aegis Raptor Sleeves of Stoneskin
Truewrought/Aegis Raptor Leggings of Stoneskin
Truewroght/Aegis Raptor Gloves of Celerity
Truewrought/Aegis Raptor Boots of the Windlords
Lapis Amulet of Power
Lapis Ring of Genius (or x2)
Lapis Ring of the Shaper (optional)
Legendary Windbow of Oblivion/Truth/Mentalist

Screenshot with optimal gear:
http://i44.tinypic.com/zu445j.jpg
Queers Behaving Badly
Just your friendly neighborhood narcissist. The Huntress Formerly Known as Nurbalicious.

RaWqR
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Re: Nurbalicious - Aracoix Nuketress

Post by RaWqR » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:47 am

Its valid, but I prefer to build them differently. If anyone cares.
I have a signature.

Logan
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Logan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Nurb,

Not that it would make that much difference but drop Wizard's Apprentice and add a 10 int rune later on if you really like that stat spread. You'll get 2 more con at the end. (150/102/105)

Nurbz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Nurbz » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Logan wrote:Nurb,

Not that it would make that much difference but drop Wizard's Apprentice and add a 10 int rune later on if you really like that stat spread. You'll get 2 more con at the end. (150/102/105)
I've actually pondered that option before, because I would also get 5 more Spirit for a little extra mana in addition to the +2 Con. Usually when I made this build it was at a point where +10 Int runes were rare to come by, but if I had the rune available I'd go with your suggestion for sure.
Queers Behaving Badly
Just your friendly neighborhood narcissist. The Huntress Formerly Known as Nurbalicious.

BazookaTooth
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by BazookaTooth » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:02 am

Why not GM Phaedras Fury?

Nurbz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Nurbz » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:10 am

BazookaTooth wrote:Why not GM Phaedras Fury?
10 points for only +5 more stats wasn't worth it to me
Queers Behaving Badly

ARMS
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by ARMS » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:44 am

nurb and this !

but size failed
The Return of the King ASIA, Wrath-Bral-Mourning-Malog-Thurin King's Road _ARMS_

Ripp
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Ripp » Mon May 07, 2012 3:09 am

I would take out 10 points from savant mana regen, i know youre a caster and all but its not excessively helpful at 20 as opposed to 10. The stare I would bring down to 1 point instead of 5. I would GM phaedras, it is dex/con/str buff, so youre getting more than just 5 stat points.

I noticed that your atr was looking pretty weak on your bow, I'm not sure about your spells but I would also suggest using some int/gaana or con/gaana jewelry. They give slightly less spell damage but give a huge atr boost on both your bow and your spells.

Beula
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Beula » Mon May 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Ripp wrote:I would take out 10 points from savant mana regen, i know youre a caster and all but its not excessively helpful at 20 as opposed to 10. The stare I would bring down to 1 point instead of 5. I would GM phaedras, it is dex/con/str buff, so youre getting more than just 5 stat points.

I noticed that your atr was looking pretty weak on your bow, I'm not sure about your spells but I would also suggest using some int/gaana or con/gaana jewelry. They give slightly less spell damage but give a huge atr boost on both your bow and your spells.
Phaedras scales horribly ans since this is a nuketress the dex/con/str have even less favorable returns.

If I'm not mistaken you need 5 pts in the stare to ground unnatural flyers, sure you have grounding shot but it has a recast.

The 20 pts in the mana regen is very useful, you'll need all you can get on this toon.

Rotard
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Rotard » Wed May 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Similar to your build, which is great. This is my version.

-------The Basics---------

Race: Aracoix
Class: Rogue
Profession: Huntress

------Applied Runes-------

Brilliant Mind
Lucky
Military Training
Heroic Dexterity
Exceptional Intelligence
Archer
Gladiator
Savant
Bounty Hunter

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 45/115
Dexterity: 150/150
Constitution: 102/105
Intelligence: 105/105
Spirit: 15/85

----------Skills----------

Wear Armor, Light 150% (115 trains)
Bow 110% (66 trains)
Dodge 120% (76 trains)
Way of the Gaana 125% (97 trains)
Archery 95% (51 trains)

----------Powers----------

Hide 18 (Journeyman)
Sneak 40 (Grand Master)
Grace of the Panther 1 (Untrained)
Call the Sky's Fury 40 (Grand Master)
Phaedra's Fury 30 (Proficient)
Vashteera's Blessing 1 (Untrained)
Precision 20 (Journeyman)
Litany of Serenity 20 (Journeyman)
Embrace of the Overmind 1 (Untrained)
Strength of the Many 1 (Untrained)
The Stare 1 (Untrained)

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Just wondering why no one uses fleet of foot on a huntress? I contemplated building one with it but didn't. Any thought?
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Anyone?
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

Beula
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Beula » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:24 am

No need to really keep up, just let the poison dot hit and laugh as anything that can outrun you dies to it. Also 2 sprints and +mov speed on catform.

Not a wasted rune, but not necessary

Venom
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Venom » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:49 pm

love these things in small groups with other aracoix lol

gitano
Snobo
Snobo

Post by gitano » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:32 pm

a good hunter is aracoix with spear and rune wirmslayer

Silverado
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Silverado » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:44 am

cashmoneyflow wrote:Just wondering why no one uses fleet of foot on a huntress? I contemplated building one with it but didn't. Any thought?
I take it on my non-bird huntresses, but on my birds I don't bother.

wiz4769
Snobo
Snobo

Post by wiz4769 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Would this be the best Huntress setup for a Scout killer? I want a template for the best Scout killer Huntress please.

Rucker
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Rucker » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:47 am

Yes huntresses are great for killing scouts and this build aswell as alot of others will work fine aslong as the scout is dumb enough to come out of stealth.

Amaz
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Post by Amaz » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:15 am

Rucker wrote:Yes huntresses are great for killing scouts and this build aswell as alot of others will work fine aslong as the scout is dumb enough to come out of stealth.
The last bit particularly, the scout will either leave you alone, which I my book is a win, or he will wait until you have your hands a bit full, maybe have made a slightly optimistic pull, and then have you.
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

della
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by della » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:18 am

wiz4769 wrote:Would this be the best Huntress setup for a Scout killer? I want a template for the best Scout killer Huntress please.
This template is outdated. For killing scouts, and in general imo, you're much better going either all con/int or all dex/int and wearing huntress pierce stacked MA, con/hr jewels and training dodge. No decently played huntress should go down to a scout anyway.
lillaa / meanipantz / parrothead

Nurbz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Nurbz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:03 pm

della wrote:
wiz4769 wrote:Would this be the best Huntress setup for a Scout killer? I want a template for the best Scout killer Huntress please.
This template is outdated. For killing scouts, and in general imo, you're much better going either all con/int or all dex/int and wearing huntress pierce stacked MA, con/hr jewels and training dodge. No decently played huntress should go down to a scout anyway.
The bolded is rather true.

Figured I'd chime in as the creator of this thread/build. I haven't touched this template in four years (or really given much mind to Shadowbane at all for that matter) but I'd argue it isn't that outdated. I might change some stats/point allocations around here and there for efficiency, but I liked what this build could accomplish when I was playing correctly. But of course I think this just boils down to a difference of playstyles, which I can respect and understand. I'll definitely tinker with the build though once I'm playing again. I just enjoy high-defense, assassin-esque characters and that's what this particular build provided me.
Queers Behaving Badly

Lumen
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Lumen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:26 pm

Why would you tie up precious creation points on the two int runes, one of which is terribly inefficient, if you're just going to end with 105 int? Take a 20 int in game and do something more useful with those creation points.

Nurbz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Nurbz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Lumen wrote:Why would you tie up precious creation points on the two int runes, one of which is terribly inefficient, if you're just going to end with 105 int? Take a 20 int in game and do something more useful with those creation points.
This was brought up earlier in the thread and I have no disagreements. The build was more catered to people who didn't have the time/money to get the rarer +5/10/15/20 runes. I've played several versions of this character with different stat spreads so I only posted the one that I still had saved. Like I said, I'll tinker with the build and post my updates.
Queers Behaving Badly

della
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by della » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:10 pm

I think it's outdated in today's environment. With the changes to cat form and the HR buff I think you're much better off going o-stance with lots of con, spiked dodge and resists but that's just my opinion. I actually prefer playing high def rogues and I loved my huntress on Mourning but with the popularity of bird bow rogues there are too many def cuts out there.
lillaa / meanipantz / parrothead

ScrappyDoo
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by ScrappyDoo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:28 pm

della wrote:I think it's outdated in today's environment. With the changes to cat form and the HR buff I think you're much better off going o-stance with lots of con, spiked dodge and resists but that's just my opinion. I actually prefer playing high def rogues and I loved my huntress on Mourning but with the popularity of bird bow rogues there are too many def cuts out there.

This is so true. If def cuts could stack in some situations you would have a screen full of def cuts. On my nuketress I rarely, if ever, get to fight just one scout by itself. Its always 2 scouts or a scout/thief combo. I play mostly in precise stance these days because of the constant atr debuffs.

Def huntresses in today's shadowbane aren't as effective as a con/int pierce specced MA build. I've played around with vorg LA def huntresses and with the perpetual def cuts from the 11ty billion scouts playing it will actually make killing a scout a little harder. If you are a def huntress vs an aracoix skydancer/glad/runecaster scout and he def and atr cuts you then he now has the upper hand on you because he has more survivability. With a con/int resist MA dodge huntress then the def cut won't hurt you and his bow shots will hit for a lot less per shot giving the huntress the edge in the fight because they can stance dance from O to precise if needed where as the scout is stuck in def stance if he wants to have a chance.

Nurbz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Nurbz » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:57 am

I can't comment on the current environment as I've yet to play the emulator, but if that's the case then I see the benefits to going that route as well. I'll have to try out both builds and see what the results are like. Personally though I never felt too vulnerable or crippled by DEF cuts. You're gonna face ATR cuts as an offensive build anyways, so it's the same counter in a different form. I just liked the versatility of having that defense to fall back on when you needed it. I usually stayed in Precise Stance vs. most rogues anyways with this build (I had like 45 pierce resist with my build though so that helped.). This isn't meant to downplay either route, of course. They are both viable in their own regard and have their own sets of strengths/weaknesses. I'll test a bunch of stuff out and update this template when I can.
Queers Behaving Badly

jeffster
Snobo
Snobo

Post by jeffster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:08 am

So what starting runes would be ideal for a croix nuketress? I'm not a huge fan of the double int runes but they seem the best way to get decent high int on a croix.

Wizard's Apprentice
Brilliant Mind
Hearty
Travelling Performer
Constitution of the Gods
Intelligence of the Gods

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 45/115
Dexterity: 55/120
Constitution: 145/145
Intelligence: 145/145
Spirit: 21/80