Teddybear - Your Cuddly Neighborhood Huntress

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Teddybear - High Damage Bow Hunty

Post by cashmoneyflow » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:30 am

Johnny wrote:I dunno, people say she was bad tempered and seeking blood shed at the Orc Village before moving on to slay the leaders of the Bearkin Village. One thing which came as a surprise was said huntress favoured an Ice Lance to her older bow :O!
Johnny wrote:*Reserved Till I Get Home And Type Up*
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

CheckYoTrack
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by CheckYoTrack » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Johnny how does it feel having an almost two year commute to your home?

Going After Your Sons-Winners of pre-December 2012 Closed Beta Dalgoth

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:50 pm

CheckYoTrack wrote:Johnny how does it feel having an almost two year commute to your home?
lol I know. . . . .

Template incomming any day . . summer of 2025.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:46 pm

What if we get the template at last and it's gimp as hell and we rushed this guy's commute home for absolutely nothing

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Steffa97 wrote:What if we get the template at last and it's gimp as hell and we rushed this guy's commute home for absolutely nothing
If by "rushed" you mean cut it in half we'd be doing him a favor although he won't be home for one year still

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Johnny
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Re: Teddybear - Your Cuddly Neighborhood Huntress

Post by Johnny » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:43 pm

Updated ;)

"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god."

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by zenjah » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Johnny wrote:I'm not going to go into the gear as people have different views for it personally I use a unique setup which works for me & don't want to hand it out to every man and his dog
Shouldn't that be every woman and her cat? We are talking about Huntresses, after all.
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

Johnny
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Johnny » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:17 pm

zenjah wrote:
Johnny wrote:I'm not going to go into the gear as people have different views for it personally I use a unique setup which works for me & don't want to hand it out to every man and his dog
Shouldn't that be every woman and her cat? We are talking about Huntresses, after all.

Oh Skah! ye sorry ill edit <3

"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god."

Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Badmoon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:48 pm

Similar to nurbz build.

Let me know when ya want to go a round for fun. I play a totally diff styled hunty.
I actually am going to try out a new hunty this weekend as well. I used to run a petress on mourning that was a rape artist. But Ive been told pets are insanely bugged here so I havent used it here, but I think thats going to change shortly, I want to see how it will work out.
Black Crown IC

"Badmooning" - To go afk at a time of importance due to a Skah! wife or cranky children.

Johnny
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Johnny » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Badmoon wrote:Similar to nurbz build.

Let me know when ya want to go a round for fun. I play a totally diff styled hunty.
I actually am going to try out a new hunty this weekend as well. I used to run a petress on mourning that was a rape artist. But Ive been told pets are insanely bugged here so I havent used it here, but I think thats going to change shortly, I want to see how it will work out.

Ye all pets are Skah! on here, there's only like 3 types of hunty's I play which is this one a HG regen Str hunty and a Spear BS Dot Nuketress. All 3 are just as good but depends on the situation i guess.

ARMS
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by ARMS » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Exceeded two years.
And he had written.
The Return of the King ASIA, Wrath-Bral-Mourning-Malog-Thurin King's Road _ARMS_

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:23 am

ARMS wrote:Exceeded two years.
And he had written.
Arms! long time no see.

Johnny !

Bout fainted when i saw a template. I can't wait to read it and discuss it's wonderful qualities. . . Just as soon as i get home from work.

CheckYoTrack
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by CheckYoTrack » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:30 am

You know...after two years I sort of expected something.....more epic.

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Stopped reading after '30 dex'.
MrZoneSix

Johnny
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Johnny » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:56 am

CheckYoTrack wrote:You know...after two years I sort of expected something.....more epic.

Don't fix something that isn't broken brother, the build works well and I likes it.

Johnny
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Johnny » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:57 am

Skoot wrote:Stopped reading after '30 dex'.
Saw "Skoot" posted the above comment and realised he's a non factor in the game that is Shadowbane therefore his opinion is invalid!

DrAvalanche
Snobo
Snobo

Post by DrAvalanche » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 am

Hi guys,
i tried to create my own 'cheapskate' version of the teddybear huntress and would appreciate some feedback wether it would be nearly as viable as the original or utter Skah!.

it's aelf because i didn't want to be a bird + save the cash for savant rune and aelf had the best stat spread to help me save the 30 dex rune and use 2 cheap 10 runes instead to get the same stats. oh and having the snare brake probably doesnt hurt swell.

Race: Aelfborn
Class: Rogue
Profession: Huntress
------Applied Runes-------
Taught by Master Thief
Lightning Reflexes
Lucky
Fleet of Foot
Military Training
Exceptional Dexterity
Exceptional Constitution
Archer
Gladiator
Undead Hunter
----------Stats-----------
Strength: 32/90
Dexterity: 150/150
Constitution: 100/100
Intelligence: 105/105
Spirit: 20/85
----------Skills----------
Wear Armor, Light 143% (98 trains)
Bow 120% (76 trains)
Dodge 137% (97 trains)
Way of the Gaana 134% (117 trains) Gold
Archery 95% (51 trains)

----------Powers----------
Hide 28 (Competent)
Sneak 40 (Grand Master)
Call the Sky's Fury 40 (Grand Master)
Phaedra's Fury 30 (Proficient)
Grace of the Panther 1 (Untrained)

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:13 pm

DrAvalanche wrote:Hi guys,
i tried to create my own 'cheapskate' version of the teddybear huntress and would appreciate some feedback wether it would be nearly as viable as the original or utter Skah!.

it's aelf because i didn't want to be a bird + save the cash for savant rune and aelf had the best stat spread to help me save the 30 dex rune and use 2 cheap 10 runes instead to get the same stats. oh and having the snare brake probably doesnt hurt swell.

Race: Aelfborn
Taught by Master Thief
Lightning Reflexes
Lucky
Fleet of Foot
Military Training
Exceptional Dexterity
Exceptional Constitution
Archer
Gladiator
Undead Hunter
Strength: 32/90
Dexterity: 150/150
Constitution: 100/100
Intelligence: 105/105
Spirit: 20/85
Wear Armor, Light 143% (98 trains)
Bow 120% (76 trains)
Dodge 137% (97 trains)
Way of the Gaana 134% (117 trains) Gold
Archery 95% (51 trains)

Hide 28 (Competent)
Sneak 40 (Grand Master)
Phaedra's Fury 30 (Proficient)
Grace of the Panther 1 (Untrained)
Yank 10 points from hide. The calculator already takes into account the 10 free points you get just for being a rogue.
I see you put 18 which is the amount needed for sneak but since the calculator already counts 10 free trains it got read as 10+18.

DrAvalanche
Snobo
Snobo

Post by DrAvalanche » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:40 pm

oh yeah my bad, well, where would i want to put these 10? towards golding LA or maybe into the cold nuke for the snare (does bow have a snare? honestly cant remember) ?
and is the UH procc even worth the 20 trains on a bow toon?

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:39 pm

DrAvalanche wrote:oh yeah my bad, well, where would i want to put these 10? towards golding LA or maybe into the cold nuke for the snare (does bow have a snare? honestly cant remember) ?
and is the UH procc even worth the 20 trains on a bow toon?
Bow gets a snare and Huntresses get good level bow powers. IMO yank 7 points from Dodge and 3 from bow and JM the proc. You're dex based so your bow damage will be good BUT it won't be your only main source of damage.

Unless I'm making a dodge-based non-defense rogue, I only take dodge to 90 trains and put leftovers. The formula for passive defense chance is {skill}/4 +/- attacker's level difference (the level difference factor is being taken out after the wipe). Taking 7 trains out only drops your chance to dodge by 1% since you're in the 2 training points : 1 percent category.
That's also only -12 ATR on the bow. With your defense cut being pretty good (along with WotG spiked), you shouldn't need it.

DrAvalanche
Snobo
Snobo

Post by DrAvalanche » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:50 am

Steffa97 wrote: Bow gets a snare and Huntresses get good level bow powers. IMO yank 7 points from Dodge and 3 from bow and JM the proc. You're dex based so your bow damage will be good BUT it won't be your only main source of damage.

Unless I'm making a dodge-based non-defense rogue, I only take dodge to 90 trains and put leftovers. The formula for passive defense chance is {skill}/4 +/- attacker's level difference (the level difference factor is being taken out after the wipe). Taking 7 trains out only drops your chance to dodge by 1% since you're in the 2 training points : 1 percent category.
That's also only -12 ATR on the bow. With your defense cut being pretty good (along with WotG spiked), you shouldn't need it.
ah ok, will make sure to do so, thanks a lot!

anyways last point I'm wondering about is how would this toon perform in subpar gear? i want to make a rogue hunty as first char when i get back into it and im p-sure my gear will be Skah! for quite a while and from what i recall high def toons usually require that +9def +dex armor to really get there.

would i be better / cheaper off to go with a rogue con/int HR + Resist (100% MA) speardottress/bownuketress?
also I'm trying to avoid stat runes bigger then 25 in my first char build because i think they're easier/cheaper to come by, am i on the wrong path with that?
its been so many years i last played (and i was 14 then lmao).

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:44 pm

DrAvalanche wrote:
Steffa97 wrote: Bow gets a snare and Huntresses get good level bow powers. IMO yank 7 points from Dodge and 3 from bow and JM the proc. You're dex based so your bow damage will be good BUT it won't be your only main source of damage.

ah ok, will make sure to do so, thanks a lot!

anyways last point I'm wondering about is how would this toon perform in subpar gear? i want to make a rogue hunty as first char when i get back into it and im p-sure my gear will be Skah! for quite a while and from what i recall high def toons usually require that +9def +dex armor to really get there.

would i be better / cheaper off to go with a rogue con/int HR + Resist (100% MA) speardottress/bownuketress?
also I'm trying to avoid stat runes bigger then 25 in my first char build because i think they're easier/cheaper to come by, am i on the wrong path with that?
its been so many years i last played (and i was 14 then lmao).
I'd go MA resist huntress at server up. With the old +6 defense gear you only got about 1650-1700 defense on defense based rogues. If the cheap gear remains +5 defense then you're looking at maybe 1.5k And you should be fine with 25's.

Most people I talk to prefer MA huntresses anyway. But play with both and see what you like better, they both have their merits.
Also I was only 8 1/2 when I started playing when my dad wasn't able to and about 9 when I had my own first character. 16 and a senior in HS now.

DrAvalanche
Snobo
Snobo

Post by DrAvalanche » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:23 pm

woah thats quite impressive.
well i rolled it human con/int ma bow nuketress now, thanks alot for your input.

this is the quick build i made on pyetrek's, its not that high con / int because im still avoiding stat runes over 25.

Race: Human
Born of the Irydnu
Clever
Warlord's Page
Tough as Nails
Tough Hide
Great Intelligence
Great Constitution
Archer
Gladiator
Strength: 35/100
Dexterity: 35/95
Constitution: 135/135
Intelligence: 140/140
Spirit: 49/95
Bow 123% (84 trains)
Dodge 147% (138 trains)
Wear Armor, Medium 100% (61 trains)
Way of the Gaana 149% (138 trains)
Archery 95% (56 trains)
Hide 18 (Journeyman)
Sneak 40 (Grand Master)
Amazon's Endurance 40 (Grand Master)
Phaedra's Fury 40 (Grand Master)

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:20 pm

DrAvalanche wrote:woah thats quite impressive.
well i rolled it human con/int ma bow nuketress now, thanks alot for your input.

this is the quick build i made on pyetrek's, its not that high con / int because im still avoiding stat runes over 25.

Race: Human
Born of the Irydnu
Clever
Warlord's Page
Tough as Nails
Tough Hide
Great Intelligence
Great Constitution
Archer
Gladiator
Strength: 35/100
Dexterity: 35/95
Constitution: 135/135
Intelligence: 140/140
Spirit: 49/95
Bow 123% (84 trains)
Dodge 147% (138 trains)
Wear Armor, Medium 100% (61 trains)
Way of the Gaana 149% (138 trains)
Archery 95% (56 trains)
Hide 18 (Journeyman)
Sneak 40 (Grand Master)
Amazon's Endurance 40 (Grand Master)
Phaedra's Fury 40 (Grand Master)
If you're dead set on a huntress at server up then this looks like it'll serve you well. Personally I like Rangers at server up, the only disc you need is Archer if you want to use a bow and you get a trainable heal to remove bleed, track, etc. And it can be done with 25's and under.

DrAvalanche
Snobo
Snobo

Post by DrAvalanche » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:33 pm

just leveled her to 25 because i had some sparetime, before nargals dart it was a pain in the [fluffy bunnies] to clear camps but now i can do 2-3 clears before i got to sit and pot up, mostly because of stam but i guess thatll change some when amazons endurance is gm'd

edit: thanks for your input again, so far i think this gonna be quite a enjoyable toon

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:04 pm

DrAvalanche wrote:just leveled her to 25 because i had some sparetime, before nargals dart it was a pain in the [fluffy bunnies] to clear camps but now i can do 2-3 clears before i got to sit and pot up, mostly because of stam but i guess thatll change some when amazons endurance is gm'd

edit: thanks for your input again, so far i think this gonna be quite a enjoyable toon
No problem and yes huntresses are a blast to play.

CheckYoTrack
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by CheckYoTrack » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:45 am

Not quite sure what to do with my life now.

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:28 pm

CheckYoTrack wrote:Not quite sure what to do with my life now.
You could always rejoin your comrades on MB. I hear there are lots and lots and lots of CN to fight.

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by zenjah » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:01 pm

CheckYoTrack wrote:Not quite sure what to do with my life now.
Here, let me help you with that:

Aelf Bow Support Bard

Vamp Dagger Theif
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

Return to “Huntress, Champion of the Amazons”