Pets or No pets

h338154
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Pets or No pets

Post by h338154 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Is it worth training pets ever? I used to like Vamp Necros but the trains always felt tight

and what about the ghoul form on the disc? I forget which one...

Atone
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Re: Pets or No pets

Post by Atone » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Pets are not worth it outside of novelty and their use as bashbots. Necros would, at the very least, need a way to control their swarm if we wanted pet necros to be a thing. Pets in general need a rework.

Gorgoi gives you the ghoul forum. It can only be cast on others (no vampires, centaurs, or dwarves). The fortitude it gave was useless and I seem to recall that you couldn't break the snare without breaking the form, but I could be wrong on that part. I've only ever 1 pointed it for the 70% snare and troll factor.

ZooksSBE
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by ZooksSBE » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:40 am

Gorgoi gives you the ghoul forum. It can only be cast on others (no vampires, centaurs, or dwarves). The fortitude it gave was useless and I seem to recall that you couldn't break the snare without breaking the form, but I could be wrong on that part. I've only ever 1 pointed it for the 70% snare and troll factor.
One point in that ability was a staple for all of my builds.

Pet necros didn't work in PVP. Needed something to cause the pets to focus on a player, or the ability to summon multiple. A swarm of pets would have been a nice niche for nothing else than providing fodder to eat AoEs.

Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Khal » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:32 pm

They should make it so the entire swarm is controlled like one pet.
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.
Rewen wrote:Art thou enraged?

DrizitTheWizard
Snobo
Snobo

Post by DrizitTheWizard » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:18 pm

So much hate on pets, I loved sending my wizard pet after people and watching them Skah! with it from a distance. Then I just roll up from behind and begin the blasting.

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Atone wrote:Pets are not worth it outside of novelty and their use as bashbots. Necros would, at the very least, need a way to control their swarm if we wanted pet necros to be a thing. Pets in general need a rework.

I know Aelf snare break worked just fine without breaking form. Thieves did also.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Return to “Necromancer, Master of the Dead”