Vamp Necro farmer??

blackwido
Snobo
Snobo

Vamp Necro farmer??

Post by blackwido » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Never played a Necro and really not much experience with Vamps so forgive my ignorance but I was wondering if Vamp Necros are a viable farming toon with Flight, health drains, power management and the AOE unholy debuff and AOE unholy damage?

Am I way off?

dertymerv
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Re: Vamp Necro farmer??

Post by dertymerv » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:07 pm

well I wouldnt say its the worst farmer but there are definitely better, and single boxing would pretty much negate any viability it may have if your talking solo farming...

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:26 am

blackwido wrote:Never played a Necro and really not much experience with Vamps so forgive my ignorance but I was wondering if Vamp Necros are a viable farming toon with Flight, health drains, power management and the AOE unholy debuff and AOE unholy damage?

Am I way off?
I can think of three or four better farming builds. The single biggest problem is that you won't have infinite flight on this because even though you are vamp flying uses stam and necro's lack any way to fill it outside of pots. Fury, Warlock, Sents, druids are all going to do it far better.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Post by Amaz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:29 am

When charm undead is working, Necros are awesome farmers on obli. Charm an Elder Strigoi (the one with two daggers) buff it with +50% damage, +50% alac, and watch it tear mobs to bits. But that will be a while yet :(
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:36 am

Amaz wrote:When charm undead is working, Necros are awesome farmers on obli. Charm an Elder Strigoi (the one with two daggers) buff it with +50% damage, +50% alac, and watch it tear mobs to bits. But that will be a while yet :(
I could have sworn back on live that SBG had nerfed the charm pet spell and it only worked on <R5 mobs. I remember the old videos on youtube of elder Strigoi pets visiting SDR. lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9XX-zk33Q
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Post by Amaz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:55 am

I dont remember the charm being nerfed for level. Firstly they stopped mobs from being able to trigger runegates, and then after that changed it to cancel with range, so when you recalled or whatever, the mob didn't run under the sea all the way from Obli to SDR which is what used to happen!
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Return to “Necromancer, Master of the Dead”