Nuketress or Nukestalker?

kymatius
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Nuketress or Nukestalker?

Post by kymatius » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Having a tough time deciding between these two classes for my anti-scout toon. Anyone help me make a decision? Thanks!

kymatius
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: Nuketress or Nukestalker?

Post by kymatius » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Also to add the Nuketress could be a traditional Bow Nuketress or a Dottress don't really care which one but I am leaning towards Bow for dealing with Scouts.

Braxis
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Braxis » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:09 am

You won't get anywhere near a half decent scout without a bow. And huntresses are much better bow toons than nightstalkers

Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Steffa97 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:55 pm

Both are good for anti-scout.
Nightstalker
PROS-
Dispel debuff
Good HoT
Damage/power damage debuff
GM Xbow powers
Castable T4 proc
Fast casting nuke
Holy DoT (impossible to dispel iirc)
Can be used effectively as UA (dispel debuff means that you can still hit scouts without a bow because you can strip their ATR cuts)

CONS-
Nuke isn't as strong
No access to medium armor
No track without rune (unless you count the bugged Stalker-only vampire track that still tracks everyone)
Runs out of stamina fast.

Nuketress
PROS-
Two nukes
Stronger nukes
High level bow powers (PR35)
Track granted by default
Poison DoT (hard to dispel)
Panther-form (though if you're nuking only, this is pretty much just an emergency heal as your nukes break form)
Access to flight and improved mana recovery/no hitroll root/snare via Aracoix and Savant
Improved stamina recovery

CONS-
No heal (unless you count the once in a fight transform a heal or the once a minute Glad heal)
More mana cost
If you want to proc, your only options are either proc-bots or the T2 proc from Undead Hunter

Even though the Nightstalker can only get light armor, they can still come close to max pierce resist. The huntress can max it out and have better resists across the board doing it.
TL;DR
Nightstalker - Better survivability, less damage, better usability as UA
Huntress - Not as surviable but more damage, adapted better to bow use

If a BOW scout decides to pop you on either, there will be a dead scout unless there's a large level gap or you have mobs on you.
If a UA scout pops you, a Nightstalker can heal itself easier and still have a chance
OR
If you went bird nuketress, you can fly up and get out of there.

They're both good options and it's up to you to find which you like better. I prefer Nightstalker. You can find which you like, though.

Return to “Nightstalker, Enemy of the Darkness”