~Blade Weaving Priest~

PVP101
Snobo
Snobo

~Blade Weaving Priest~

Post by PVP101 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:43 am

Just Wondering If Bw Priests Are Still One Man Wreaking Balls?

Haliit
Snobo
Snobo

Re: ~Blade Weaving Priest~

Post by Haliit » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:25 pm

Working on a build for one with the elf buffs. Extra healing and free trains from BW will make it more interesting
Haliit Ferase
The Sundered Guard - Ranger's Brotherhood of Mourning 2003-2007
Nature's Sword, the People's Shield

Vahmpyre
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Vahmpyre » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:21 am

I was curious, too. Since it's such an expensive novelty toon, this preview was the only chance I'd get to find out. Got him to r6 last night and I'll post a screenie later:

Starting runes
Scion of Gwar
Hearty
Tough as Nails
Precise

In-Game
40 Int
5-35 Con

Stats at 75
120 Con
160 Int
53 Spi

Discs
Bladeweaver
Darksworn
Sanctifier
(Undead Hunter if you don't have a bot, Traveller if you do... you want a bot)

Skills
Sword: 110 (48 trains)
Bene: 69 (25 trains)
Resto: 106 (62 trains)
Theurgy: 134 (90 trains)
Medium Armor: 100 (58 trains)
Bladeweaving: 133 (90 trains)

Powers
Blight of Chaos: 20
Sanctify the Fallen: 20
Blessed Healing: 20
Holy Righteousness: 40
Sanction: 40
Incantation of Renunciation: 40
Empowered Healing: 40
Divine Recovery: 40
Grasp of the All-Father: 1
Sacred Rejuvenation: 8
Benediction of Rejuvenation: 1
Sacred Healing: 1
Tend the Wounded: 1
Divine Sanction: 1

Gear
2x PoO Darmaegils
Elf resist MA (pierce-stacked)
Charmed/+6's ammy
24 con hood
2x 24 con rings (may go resist/theurgy for stun atr)

Was pretty beastly, actually. Got a couple kills in the Arena city from rogues who obviously weren't too bright, so I'll need to test him out in better duels later. Live in O-stance with your stun immunity up and pray your heals keep you alive. From memory, I had mid-3k hp and about 1450 atr per hand. Obliv and sader procs landed around 900-1000 and the Darksworn drain was helpful to toss in for added regularity. Tlan dps was around 40-140 per hand, so you really gotta live off the procs and drain. Mask cast heals and debuff removals, toss on your powerblock whenever possible. The two stam heals help with the low stam pool and you aren't spamming powers, anyway. There's also this wonderful sensation of joy you get whenever Sanction lands (1300 or 1400 atr in O-stance, I forgot. Switch to Precise if necessary, but stance-dancing really hurts your heals/dps. Not sure if Feint is worth it).

The heals on an elf with empowered healing up were just stupid. Blessed Healing, which is now near instant cast, was over 1k a pop every 8 secs and the HoT was around 300-400. Throw a healing resist buff on you and you're toast, but otherwise it's hard to kill this guy til you're OOM. On that note, I haven't played enough to see if the mana usage gets out of hand.

Again, all very early stuff. Worked out much better than I'd hoped.

Edit: the trains above were calculated with Pyretek's calc. With the RiF changes to BW you'll save another 40ish? or so? I'd throw them into Tend the Wounded or pump em into BW/Theurgy/Resto for more atr/healing. If I have time tonight I'll get this dude to 75 and post some screens.

As an aside: I love the changes to Healers. Making Blessed Healing instant and capped at JM and the tweak to Sanctifier's instant-cast % heal makes the class much more enjoyable. Not sure whether I like this priest or my fessor more, now.

longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by longblade » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Figured this build would be hella fun after RiF. Looking forward to the screenies!

AdamWest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by AdamWest » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Vahmpyre wrote:I was curious, too. Since it's such an expensive novelty toon, this preview was the only chance I'd get to find out. Got him to r6 last night and I'll post a screenie later:

Starting runes
Scion of Gwar
Hearty
Tough as Nails
Precise

In-Game
40 Int
5-35 Con

Stats at 75
120 Con
160 Int
53 Spi

Discs
Bladeweaver
Darksworn
Sanctifier
(Undead Hunter if you don't have a bot, Traveller if you do... you want a bot)

Skills
Sword: 110 (48 trains)
Bene: 69 (25 trains)
Resto: 106 (62 trains)
Theurgy: 134 (90 trains)
Medium Armor: 100 (58 trains)
Bladeweaving: 133 (90 trains)

Powers
Blight of Chaos: 20
Sanctify the Fallen: 20
Blessed Healing: 20
Holy Righteousness: 40
Sanction: 40
Incantation of Renunciation: 40
Empowered Healing: 40
Divine Recovery: 40
Grasp of the All-Father: 1
Sacred Rejuvenation: 8
Benediction of Rejuvenation: 1
Sacred Healing: 1
Tend the Wounded: 1
Divine Sanction: 1

Gear
2x PoO Darmaegils
Elf resist MA (pierce-stacked)
Charmed/+6's ammy
24 con hood
2x 24 con rings (may go resist/theurgy for stun atr)

Was pretty beastly, actually. Got a couple kills in the Arena city from rogues who obviously weren't too bright, so I'll need to test him out in better duels later. Live in O-stance with your stun immunity up and pray your heals keep you alive. From memory, I had mid-3k hp and about 1450 atr per hand. Obliv and sader procs landed around 900-1000 and the Darksworn drain was helpful to toss in for added regularity. Tlan dps was around 40-140 per hand, so you really gotta live off the procs and drain. Mask cast heals and debuff removals, toss on your powerblock whenever possible. The two stam heals help with the low stam pool and you aren't spamming powers, anyway. There's also this wonderful sensation of joy you get whenever Sanction lands (1300 or 1400 atr in O-stance, I forgot. Switch to Precise if necessary, but stance-dancing really hurts your heals/dps. Not sure if Feint is worth it).

The heals on an elf with empowered healing up were just stupid. Blessed Healing, which is now near instant cast, was over 1k a pop every 8 secs and the HoT was around 300-400. Throw a healing resist buff on you and you're toast, but otherwise it's hard to kill this guy til you're OOM. On that note, I haven't played enough to see if the mana usage gets out of hand.

Again, all very early stuff. Worked out much better than I'd hoped.

Edit: the trains above were calculated with Pyretek's calc. With the RiF changes to BW you'll save another 40ish? or so? I'd throw them into Tend the Wounded or pump em into BW/Theurgy/Resto for more atr/healing. If I have time tonight I'll get this dude to 75 and post some screens.

As an aside: I love the changes to Healers. Making Blessed Healing instant and capped at JM and the tweak to Sanctifier's instant-cast % heal makes the class much more enjoyable. Not sure whether I like this priest or my fessor more, now.
Take the elf bloodrune in-game and save creation points for another starting rune.

Vahmpyre
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Vahmpyre » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:43 pm

AdamWest wrote:Take the elf bloodrune in-game and save creation points for another starting rune.
Good call. Usually forget to incorporate that now there are starting rune vendors.

Here's a screen:

And better numbers on powers:

Blessed Healing (JM): 228-636
Divine Recovery (GM): 131-289
Tend (1 train): 321-686
Darksworn drain: 187-218 (1423 atr)
Sanction atr: 1423

Still needs some more time in pvp to really judge, but it's a fun toon so far. Not OP, not gimp - just fun to kill Skah! with a priest.

Return to “Priest, Servant of the Divine”