Winter is coming - Wraith priests

Zergs
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Winter is coming - Wraith priests

Post by Zergs » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:56 pm

I tried to crunch some numbers through Arcanis' calc and I completely broke it by tring to go against old race/class rules but I was able to get a pretty good sense of how to build one.

Shade, Priest

Traits: WP, HaaO, TaN, Clever
150 int 150con rest spi

Discs: Shroudborn, Wyrm, UH

Foci:
Resto enough for solo HoT (dump leftover trains after you're done with the build)
Theurgy 90%
Orthanatos gold (no idea how many trians because now it 2 for 1 ratio all the way)
Spear 90 trains
Spear mastery 90 trains
MA 100%

Powers:
Solo HoT 40
Solo %Heal 40
Root 20
Stun 40
SB HoT 20
SB DoT 20
SB Cold expose 20
UH proc 20

Gear:
Int/Con rings, 20% f/c/l +6all neck
Int/Con hood, rest is resist priest MA
Peerless of Frykka spear

bobcarn
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Shroudborne

Post by bobcarn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Maybe someone could answer a question....

I've seen some references on the forum (and a couple lines on the wiki) that confuse me. On the wiki, I swear that I saw something about some classes of shades automatically getting shroudborne (as it pertains to being a priest). And I've seen posts about shade mages becoming priests when they apply shroudborne.

Could someone explain what this means?

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by zenjah » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Shade Mages who are flagged as Lore characters can promote to Priest at level 10.

This will switch their base class to Healer and grant them Shroudborne automaticly.

See: Reforged in Flame - Lore on ARAC Charters
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

bobcarn
Snobo
Snobo

Post by bobcarn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:52 pm

zenjah wrote:Shade Mages who are flagged as Lore characters can promote to Priest at level 10.

This will switch their base class to Healer and grant them Shroudborne automaticly.

See: Reforged in Flame - Lore on ARAC Charters
Oh. I see. Then you have access to the base healer powers? What happens to the mage powers that you already have? Mage bolt, blood boil, socery, etc.? Do they go away? Do you keep them but can't train them anymore?

Montek
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Winter is coming - Wraith priests

Post by Montek » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:18 am

Unfortunately not. I am currently playing a build similar to this, curious how it will measure up in a serious fight.
My HOT's are already healing for a pretty decent amount, and ive had cold procs hit up to 1.2K on mobs.
It has potential to be pretty sweet, with the shroudborne DOT i wish it had a bit higher dmg though....

Return to “Priest, Servant of the Divine”