Restoration 90
Block 114

Spells
Root 20
Sanction 15
Divine Sanction 40
Blessed Mending 19
Prayer of Mending 40
Blessed Restoration 40 (Mana regen right?)
Divine Recovery 40
Tend the Wounded 40
Sacred rejuv 8
Benediction of rejuv 1
Prayer of Recovery 40
Sacred Healing 8
Benediction of healing 1

72 points left over. Can go for 100% MA, more into theurgy/stuns, or max out % heals.

Gear:
15% MA gloves Boots, resist/stam on gloves resist/windlord on boots if you can still do that, if not just find windlord boots
Runed/con robe and runed/con hood or 15% MA depending on melee/caster heavy fights
ATR low 20% healer stick
Resist/3pd shield of preference against whatever you're fighting
Charmed/spi neck
resist rings again to your preference. if you're ballsy go +20 int or +20 spi

Strat:
Small skirmish style priest. Flexible with a bit of finesse and cheap on gear. Get used to running/kiting with this build. Highly recommended to run with a solid mage bard. When you get it right, the payoff is awesome.
Last edited by FauxKnight on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
. F I G H T E V E R Y O N E .

"Sometimes I want to smack you, others I want to hug you. You are the most bi-polar guild-mate I have ever played with, and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Adron
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: My priest template for server rollouts.

Post by Adron » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:28 pm

when are you going to cast the gm blessed mending?
tough as nails is better for priest than 10 more con.
no summon on a priest? *hates*
lousy health, less block than some configs, and 30% lower on all physical resists? food for cows.

FauxKnight
Snobo
Snobo

Post by FauxKnight » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Adron wrote:when are you going to cast the gm blessed mending?
lousy health, less block than some configs, and 30% lower on all physical resists? food for cows.
I like having the ability to have a faster heal occasionally, feels less clunky when you're trying to keep multiple targets up in a situation where mobility is key. Easy enough to not spend them and dump the 20 points elsewhere.

Honestly forgot about tough as nails. Simple enough to switch it out, the stat spread doesn't change very much.

I assumed 19 points in benediction was enough for summon(turns out it's 25, 6 points woo *eye-roll*). Fixt.

The build is intended to be used at the beginning of a server roll out because it's cheap to roll, has good healing power, and great stun capabilities. If you want more staying power against melee, tweak it until you have points for MA, you can do so and keep the majority of your utility (in fact I already did it and kept the points unspent).

When I have substantial cash under my belt to support more expensive runes I go for an int oriented build and higher con. This build is intended to serve the same general purpose until such time as that becomes an option.

I always run with some sort of mage bard too so melee generally aren't an issue, they just get kited. This guy doesn't see fights much bigger than 20 v 20. Biggest he was in ever was 40 v 40 at most. For the most part, he worked great.

Feedback is nice when your memory is hazy. I tweaked the numbers to leave room for personal preference/more tweaks.
Last edited by FauxKnight on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

"Sometimes I want to smack you, others I want to hug you. You are the most bi-polar guild-mate I have ever played with, and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:12 pm

When I get home I will point out all of the terrible things you have done to this priest. I would know considering I've played one for JF for years.

Jellyfish - GL :: Order of the Pink Pansies - IC :: House of Errants - FM

FauxKnight
Snobo
Snobo

Post by FauxKnight » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:21 pm

lolk.

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 pm

FauxKnight wrote:lolk.
The suggestions I have are still for a start-up (cheap) build, so I promise not to be too hard on you. :D

BoneBender
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by BoneBender » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Adron wrote:when are you going to cast the gm blessed mending?
all those things...and the race choice...
It's too tall :lol:
Jim Reifinger wrote:If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, its all because your tactics suck.

Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Reaper989 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:19 am

Faux hit me up if you want a template bro, also % heals are nice but make sure to check CD reduction based on trains since it might be more of a benefit if you get lower CDR on everything rather then just one.

Also, root should be GM if possible in every situation <3.

Also your trains seem super low... but you did spend 90 trains into Resto/Theurgy so that might be why? Gotta find that builder again. That and the GM MR buff, but I train disc buffs on the dwarf/bird so idk.

As a human tho I'd never go less then 20 trains into sanction or less then GM root. Resto can be a bit lower, you won't see an insane difference in heals.

liedraB
Snobo
Snobo

Post by liedraB » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:25 am

1st things first. Whatever Hidetade tells you to do, ignore. He played on Test.

Nice benediction, I wonder how often you get yelled at for not being able to summon.

FauxKnight
Snobo
Snobo

Post by FauxKnight » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:35 am

liedraB wrote:1st things first. Whatever Hidetade tells you to do, ignore. He played on Test.

Nice benediction, I wonder how often you get yelled at for not being able to summon.
You guys do realize the numbers listed are trains invested into the skill, not actual skill percentages? Which would mean that 25 trains at 100 int = 69 benediction.

Derp.

FauxKnight
Snobo
Snobo

Post by FauxKnight » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:44 am

Reaper989 wrote:Faux hit me up if you want a template bro, also % heals are nice but make sure to check CD reduction based on trains since it might be more of a benefit if you get lower CDR on everything rather then just one.

Also your trains seem super low... but you did spend 90 trains into Resto/Theurgy so that might be why? Gotta find that builder again. That and the GM MR buff, but I train disc buffs on the dwarf/bird so idk.

As a human tho I'd never go less then 20 trains into sanction or less then GM root. Resto can be a bit lower, you won't see an insane difference in heals.
Haven't seen your name in a bit mate. Forget some people can actually have a helpful mentality. Cheers.

I wasn't looking for a template, I posted this here to get an idea on wether or not I forgot anything over the years. Looks like I did and I noted it accordingly. The "critique" always makes me lol.

Not sure what you mean by super low. I have 72 extra points kicking around and MR buff is GM.

Root's left at 20 cause I run with a mage bard that has both roots as well as rit and molto rit. Kiting and mobility are rarely a problem.

Kidsmeal
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Kidsmeal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:56 am

Is this a troll build?

I tried to teach people how to be kings and all they ever wanted to be was soldiers.

Revised Modern Day Utility Scout Guide

FauxKnight
Snobo
Snobo

Post by FauxKnight » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Kidsmeal wrote:Is this a troll build?
lol.

Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Reaper989 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:32 pm

FauxKnight wrote:
Reaper989 wrote:Faux hit me up if you want a template bro, also % heals are nice but make sure to check CD reduction based on trains since it might be more of a benefit if you get lower CDR on everything rather then just one.

Haven't seen your name in a bit mate. Forget some people can actually have a helpful mentality. Cheers.

I wasn't looking for a template, I posted this here to get an idea on wether or not I forgot anything over the years. Looks like I did and I noted it accordingly. The "critique" always makes me lol.

Not sure what you mean by super low. I have 72 extra points kicking around and MR buff is GM.

Root's left at 20 cause I run with a mage bard that has both roots as well as rit and molto rit. Kiting and mobility are rarely a problem.

Well I didn't see trains into MA is why I said that, but I sit at the requirement for AoE version of stun (1 train into it tho) so I save points there.

Lemme see if I can find Nalissi's build...

Divine Touch (I only take it due to saving 10 trains since I'm 2 for 1 in resto), Tough as Nails
15 int, 35 con (25 if you have a runed/con hood), and 5 spr (15 if you have the runed/con hood)
Commander and Savant in-game (traveler if you have spare trains to get recall to runegate)

~Focuslines~
Resto : 139%
Bene : 69%
Theurgy : 97%
MA : 100%
Block : 120%

~Powers~
BM : 20
PoM : GM
TtW : GM
Root : 20 (Lack of trains :( )
Savant Root : 1
Savant HoT : 1 (drop if you arin't in a bird group)
Savant Stam Heal : 1
Savant MR buff : 20 (Sex)
Single and Group HoTs : GM (Change group HoT to 1 IF you want to get MR/Alac buff)
Single target % heals (HP/Stam) : 8
Group % heals (HP/Stam) : 1
Holy Curse : 1 (eh it's like having shout on a barb, the recast is great so you can chain-stun when required to back up)
Dispel Debuff : GM
Sancation : 20 (12 seconds of stun vs 20 more trains for 3 more secs...no thanks)
Psalm Of Sanction : 1 (Good for AoE stunning an enemy group while fighting another, 8 seconds is enough time to harm their numbers on the other group. I miss GMing this... but that's a "stun priest". If we didn't have dispel debuff I'd train this for sure <3)

So ya, I feel like the extra 58 trains from human vanished somewhere but probly since you did 90 into resto/focusline. With those extra points tho I could GM sanc and root, that leaves me with 18 points and then 23 from disc. I could GM the MR buff and keep my entire current build. Not to mention I can get alot more con.

If I was human I'd go TaN/ToM/Tough Hide probly with a 40 con rune in-game. So probly 140 con/100 int/rest into spr.

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:22 pm

FauxKnight wrote:
liedraB wrote:1st things first. Whatever Hidetade tells you to do, ignore. He played on Test.

You guys do realize the numbers listed are trains invested into the skill, not actual skill percentages? Which would mean that 25 trains at 100 int = 69 benediction.

Derp.
Bardiel is such an amazing priest player (oh wait he plays DPS(fodder) for SotD). He's also SO smart that he completely missed the fact that you put # of trains instead of skill %'s :roll:

FauxKnight
Snobo
Snobo

Post by FauxKnight » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Wasn't aware priests got a dispell debuff now. Handy.

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Okay, here goes my suggestions for a start-up build:

First off, go Dwarf or Aelfborn. Dwarf for staying power or Aelfborn for kiting, it's really your preference. Spirit based isn't a terrible way to go, so that's a good start-up choice.

Drop Blessed Mending to 20 trains, you won't hardly ever be using it since TTW is going to be your bread-and-butter heal, I understand your reasoning for taking it to GM, but it's really not worth the 20 trains you could use in other areas.

Definitely train Medium Armor to 100%, the damage mitigation will be paramount to your success on any priest (not to mention Sacrosanct armor has baked in +1 spirit and +1 Theurgy).

Drop the MR buff, you'll have a concoction potion (+135% MR for no trains) and most likely a Bard with Calming Melody (besides already being SPI based) so you shouldn't have much issues with running out of mana.

GM the Root, it will save your [fluffy bunnies] more times than you could possibly imagine.

GM Incantation of Renunciation, it will save your [fluffy bunnies] more than the root, if that's even possible, lol.

FauxKnight
Snobo
Snobo

Post by FauxKnight » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Hidetade wrote:Okay, here goes my suggestions for a start-up build:

First off, go Dwarf or Aelfborn. Dwarf for staying power or Aelfborn for kiting, it's really your preference. Spirit based isn't a terrible way to go, so that's a good start-up choice.

Drop Blessed Mending to 20 trains, you won't hardly ever be using it since TTW is going to be your bread-and-butter heal, I understand your reasoning for taking it to GM, but it's really not worth the 20 trains you could use in other areas.

Definitely train Medium Armor to 100%, the damage mitigation will be paramount to your success on any priest (not to mention Sacrosanct armor has baked in +1 spirit and +1 Theurgy).

Drop the MR buff, you'll have a concoction potion (+135% MR for no trains) and most likely a Bard with Calming Melody (besides already being SPI based) so you shouldn't have much issues with running out of mana.

GM the Root, it will save your [fluffy bunnies] more times than you could possibly imagine.

GM Incantation of Renunciation, it will save your [fluffy bunnies] more than the root, if that's even possible, lol.
This build is built off of Skah! I was rolling years before SB even shutdown. I expected it to be slightly outdated anyway. Half tempted to go more for int now and adjust accordingly after reading up on some of the changelogs and crap.

I'll stick with human for now. I like the extra trains. If it's that bad I'll prolly go aelf.

Wasn't aware the sacrosanct stuff gave +spi and theurgy too. Definately something to consider now.

BM was already dropped to 20 if you read the original post. With GM HoTs mobility should be decent. TTW just makes me leery from days of old.
I'll drop MR, thought it was less than 135. Already run with a mage bard too.
Not sold on GM root yet, keeping it at 20, mage bard already covers those. May drop AoE sanc to 20 and use those points here if I like it that much.
I assume IoR is the debuff dispell? If so my assumption was to take the points from the MR buff and dump them there anyway.

Still leaves me with 72 trains. So at this point it's either 100% MA or more into % Heals(the higher they're trained the faster they recast = $$ on the move). Ingame experiments will take care of that easily enough if and when this server goes live.

Adron
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Adron » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:55 pm

25 trains does not = 69 benediction at 100 int. the 132 spirit thrown in DOES get you exactly to 69. remember, 60/40 int/spirit on benediction (adron says to himself). the high spirit threw off my inner calculator :)

one more train in root minimum...21 >>20 because minos with bloodhorn (which is like all of them) get a level 20 dispel debuff for free.

Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Reaper989 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Gonna post it since I was saying points seemed really low...

Human

Start Runes

Tough as Nails
Taint of Madness
Tough Hide

Ingame Runes

20->40 Con
Commy
Traveler (RtR is sexy, find a point if you need it)

Final stats

140 Con
99 int
100 spirit

Theurgy 59 (Enough for 97%)
Benediction 31
Restoration 90
Block 95 (125%)
MA 68 (100% MA, can drop to 75 and get 25 more trains. Thus you can make up the 5% focusline loss and get 20 more trains if you really needed it.)

Spells
Root 40
Sanction 20 (Can get this to GM from the group % heal, 12 seconds vs 15 seconds of stun)
Psalm of Sanction 1 (AoE 8 second stun)
Holy Curse 1 (ghetto barb stun 4tw)
Blessed Mending 19
Prayer of Mending 40
Divine Recovery 32
Tend the Wounded 40
Sacred rejuv 8
Benediction of rejuv 1
Prayer of Recovery 40 (Could be lowered as well for trains elsewhere)
Sacred Healing 40 (180s CD)
Benediction of healing 40 (360s CD, can drop it to 1 train if you want? But the % heal is sexy)

Thus why I said there were alot of trains that could go elsewhere, grants I droped 40 from the MR buff and 31 from a focusline.

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Hidetade wrote:Okay, here goes my suggestions for a start-up build:

I have to say Hide has given you some pretty good advice for this build.

to the OP:
I can tell you are an old school priest player but you need to thoroughly cover the patch notes for the class before you build this template. IMO you can drop all the points out of Blessed mending down to 20. TTW Used to have a slightly longer cast time than blessed mending . This reduced the average HPS of TTW and ultimately BM was almost equal in overall HPS but casted faster (which had value in say trying to save low HP mages for example), however this was changed in patch 6/19/07 and TTW 's cast time was lowered to match BMs thus BM is now inferior in every way. The only reason to keep it at 20 is to unlock the group heal but the group heal is generally less valuable on a priest build intended for small scale only. I'd do it on this priest though cause you went human and have extra points to spare. Almost all priest players these days will focus their build around single target healing with few points into the group heals. The only reason to justify going the BM route would be on an extreemly point tight build because it's 20 trains more efficient than TTW but at a small loss to HPS.

Because this is a server startuup toon I'd also suggest going Sanctifier over commy. Commy will be hotly contested -extreemly expensive (if you can find it for sale at all) for the first two weeks of server up. You can probably get sanc on day one. Again for a small scale priest Sanc is inferior to commy however the cheap/ease of getting it will work well for your start up toon. I'd consider Jming the % heal on it as well as this greatly lowers the cooldown (while giving you a nice 3rd % heal) washing comes in handy as well.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Mik666
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Mik666 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:02 am

We used in our Guild mostly this Build.

Starting runes :
- Divine Touch
- Priest's Acolyte

Disc :
- Clanwarden
- Sanctifier

IG Stats runes :
- + 20 spirit --> + 40 spirit

Stats @ 75 :

-Strength : 35 -Dext : 20 -Constit : 140 -Intell : 65 -Spirit : 150

Skills @ 75 :

-Bloc : 95%
-Wear MA : 100%
-Benediction : 69%
-Hammer : 38%
-Theurgy : 90%
-Toughness : 105%
-Restoration : 136%(gold)

Powers @ 75 :

-Blessed Mending : 20JM
-Holy Curse : 1
-Divine Condemnation : 1
-Grasp of the all-father : 8 (option : permit to root permanently)
-Prayer of Mending : 40GM
-Divine Recovery : 40GM
-Sacred Healing : 8
-Sacred Rejuvenation : 8
-Sanction : 1
-Benediction of Healing : 1
-Benediction of Rejuvenation : 1
-Incantation of Renunciation : 40GM
-Prayer of Recovery : 40GM
-Tend the wounded : 40GM

Clanwarden :
-Simeron's song : 20JM
-Grasp of Thurin : 1

Sanctifier :
-Sacred Reinforcement : 1
-Sanctify the Fallen : 1

Equipements :

- Medium Armor 100 %, resist 4/4 ; + 40 health point
- Head : Vorgrim Bellugh
- Shield 95 %, resist +30 ; + 3 passive def
- Scepter, jewels : + 10 spirit + 30 mana regen ; +10 constit
or : + 30 resist (charmed carcanet) ; + 10 spirit

Riffats
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Riffats » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:56 pm

good god, just delete this whole thread, the OP's template is a terrible source of information

I'd also take time to point out everything wrong but it's been done a few times already
Hidetaed wrote:That doesn't count
"You guys registered the last day, and then dominated the tourny."-Konyg
"I don't know who that Grump guy is... but he complains a lot"-Telemakus
"You assraped us hard"-Blyster

Return to “Priest, Servant of the Divine”