Melee priest.

Cryfoul
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Melee priest.

Post by Cryfoul » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:18 am

Thorskyl wrote:
Cryfoul wrote:...because idle discussion and brainstorming on completly useless novelty toons is such a great reflection on one's playing skills. As I said we can all only hope to be as leet as you.

@ deathmarch
TYVM but i try to keep that low key lest I actually make a name for myself. TBH once they actually get the game up and running (someday , , , , i hope :roll: ) I will most likely quit posting on the forums all together.
Don't worry, you'll quickly make a name for yourself if you make a defensive dexbased axechucking priest.
LoL indeed I would.

I'll be sure to double box one of your famous Necromancy based "Thorskyl's Runerunning Hutress' " builds. Perhaps then I'll get famous twice as fast :lol:

Thorskyl
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Thorskyl » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:10 pm

It's funny my deliberately shit builds are still better than your serious ones.

Unknewn: "QFT reported dozens of sotds doing illegal actions such as childish racism, all those accounts permabanned"

Xemise: "I've said this since day 1, Thorskyl is the biggest douche bag I have ever met in this game."

Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Colest » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:35 am

VorgrimScout wrote:I remember some jokers messing around on SD priests.
They're doing it all wrong. Dual-Hammer Irekei Priests were where it was at. They could hold poop loads of buckets to double as heal-bots when you weren't busy praying for a proc in the vain hope of killing someone.

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:58 am

Defensive dex based shield toting axe throwing dwarf proccer priest vs huntress wearing necro gear vs.... 2000 defense offensive stance druid. Let's get it on!

BTW, you've reached the part of the thread where you are supposed to pretend that you posted this garbage on purpose to throw off the new players :roll: .
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:40 am

Vervandi wrote:Defensive dex based shield toting axe throwing dwarf proccer priest vs huntress wearing necro gear vs.... 2000 defense offensive stance druid. Let's get it on!

BTW, you've reached the part of the thread where you are supposed to pretend that you posted this garbage on purpose to throw off the new players :roll: .
sounds like another episode of fantasy bane
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 am

Bah, I can't blame them. My server up character was a bladeweaver priest (no procs). It was pretty fucking awesome until people learned how to play and started finding decent gear. Sitting at even 1400 defense, a lot of melee characters could not hit you at server up unless they used the gladiator atr buff.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Beula » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Vervandi wrote:Bah, I can't blame them. My server up character was a bladeweaver priest (no procs). It was pretty f*** awesome until people learned how to play and started finding decent gear. Sitting at even 1400 defense, a lot of melee characters could not hit you at server up unless they used the gladiator atr buff.
And who has glad at start up right?

on another note the idea of using some sort of str based weapon on the irekei intrigues me.

Thorskyl
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Thorskyl » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Vervandi wrote:Bah, I can't blame them. My server up character was a bladeweaver priest (no procs). It was pretty f*** awesome until people learned how to play and started finding decent gear. Sitting at even 1400 defense, a lot of melee characters could not hit you at server up unless they used the gladiator atr buff.
These guys have played the game for years and fantasized about it for a few more, there's no excuse for not knowing t-axes are STR based or "how to get t-dags on a priest".

Unknewn: "QFT reported dozens of sotds doing illegal actions such as childish racism, all those accounts permabanned"

Xemise: "I've said this since day 1, Thorskyl is the biggest douche bag I have ever met in this game."

VorgrimScout
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by VorgrimScout » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:09 pm

I can think of one. Being bad.

Cools
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cools » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:59 pm

This thread is evidence of:

1. Copious amounts of Shadowbane knowledge seeping out of old players' heads.
2. Everyone getting so bored they are resorting to trying to play the unplayable.
3. Noobs still thinking they can turn a turd into a diamond bracelet.

This forum should be full to the brim of dwarf bot templates :)
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP!

Vlaad
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Vlaad » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Thorskyl wrote:It's funny my deliberately s*** builds are still better than your serious ones.
So when you post something terrible its deliberate but when anyone else does its because they are <insert nerd raged insult here>? You are one classy guy.

Thorskyl
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Thorskyl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Vlaad wrote:
Thorskyl wrote:It's funny my deliberately s*** builds are still better than your serious ones.
So when you post something terrible its deliberate but when anyone else does its because they are <insert nerd raged insult here>? You are one classy guy.
I figured telling people the secret to playing a badass huntress is wearing necromancy jewelry would be enough of a giveaway for people to realize it's not 100% serious. I must overestimate people's analytical skills I guess.

Vlaad
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Vlaad » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:07 pm

You could also be 1) not that smart yourself and 2) a hypocrite.

Thorskyl
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Thorskyl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:45 am

Very unlikely.

GoldenChild
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by GoldenChild » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Beula wrote: on another note the idea of using some sort of str based weapon on the irekei intrigues me.

Gigantic Irekei should intrigue everyone.

Vlaad
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Vlaad » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:13 am

Adron
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Adron » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:47 am

So back on topic: irekei SD proccer is about as good as it gets melee wise for priests, right? add in a fury throwing around -100% to either ltng or cold and see if you can double proc for 4k... before you get clubbed over the head by like everybody. 3 or 4 such priests ensure that whichever of you is running for your life gets mucho dispels and heals, and add a bowscout so you can hit rogues. voila, a whole group of glassy slow asses!

Ajax
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Ajax » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:46 pm

way back I had a BW melee priest with the aoe 15 second stun. Back when most people did not understand the mechanics of the game you could be viable, not so much anymore.

Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by Namosa » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:16 pm

or you could go with a Irekei SD/shield in all def LA to get 2.5k+ def for lulz.

SB Character Creator
EXCEL http://www.tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator
Open Office http://tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator-OO

Shadowbane client DL (PW: shadowbane)
Direct Download

Rotard
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Rotard » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:26 pm

I remember back in the day i had a buddy of mine training something and met a BW proc preist both procs went off and almost dropped him, lol was funny.

Thorskyl
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Thorskyl » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:53 am

Don't mind Bardiel guys, he's just trolling. Keep it up with these good ideas and builds!

Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Beula » Thu May 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Legendary of Slaughter weapons

Legendary of Proc Weapons also stun ATR in def stance

GM single target stun (15s)
1 pt AoE stun (8s)
2 pt root
GM dispell debuff
GM attack speed debuff
2020 def
2099 hp (should hit about 2500 by the time I hit r7)
2 % heals
2 % stam heals
Summon

And a few other goodies that I won't mention

Viable enough?

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 pm

Depends on where your bar for viable is. You know priest def stance has -powerdmg on it? You have no passive D and trash weapon powers.

About as candy as anything anyone could ever dream up. Looks like something someone from test would build.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Purg
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Purg » Thu May 31, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm trying to cut back on being a dick, so I'll just say that is not a viable build. Minimal damage, no survivability and your stun ATR is silly. You might as well pull points out of the focus line and drop the ATR down to 500-600, cuz your hovering far above the ATR needed to stun meat/casters, but far below what's need to hit def toons. Stun ATR is only important on pure stun priests. But frankly, that wont improve anything. More points to play with isn't going to make a difference.

Make a Dwarf spear procc Priest, then we'll talk. It'll still be trash, but at least you might get a kill or two if you're lucky.
Purgatory - Purg - Purge - Purges - etc.
- Kills people.
Purity Council, Fallen Angels, Dark Carnival, Order of the Pink Pansies, Weapons of Mass Destruction, China Town, Probably a few others I forget...

DrunkMaster
Snobo
Snobo

Post by DrunkMaster » Thu May 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Dwarf spear priest with holy proc spear, ud hunter proc, ws proc, and cw holy debuff ROCKS!!! also killer heals stam heals, and stuns!!!!!!
Drunken The Master: Crimson Brotherhood, Desolation

Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Beula » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:22 am

Not from test.

Thats minimal trains in theurgy, i couldn't take points out.
I think that 2k def and 200 damage per hand isn't terrible for a priest.

Yes I know that def stance has -pwr damage on it. I don't use anything but the % heal and it doesn't affect that.

I wouldn't call this priest garbage.

If I manage to land a stun, which I never had a problem with on the preview (even after the gear vendors) I can hit O stance for some decent procs.

It's not a come all be all character, but I'd still call this pretty viable as far as a battle priest go.

BTW I love how everyone is all ways talking about diversity but when someone puts up something new all anyone can say is roll what everyone else rolls...

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:54 am

Remember that 200 max per hand listed doesn't have anything like a decent crush expose and lack of alac on stance to is up to 25% dmg loss. After resists are factored in you are going to have the dps of a wet lettuce. You probably would catch a poor mage or two off guard if you went procs, but that says more about how shafted they got in con-hp ratios than anything positive about the build. Glad I've been playing a MA cos getting stunned and cut down by procs this thing dished out would leave me genuinely depressed.

Btw, the talk of diversity is about getting classes that deserve to be represented buffs so they reasonably can and therefore make the game more interesting without people feeling like they are intentionally handicapping themselves, not championing the rights of candy toons, be that melee priests or otherwise.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Purg
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Purg » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:35 am

On that note, I'll give you a Neph 2h Sword Barb template if you're interested in diversity.
Purgatory - Purg - Purge - Purges - etc.
- Kills people.
Purity Council, Fallen Angels, Dark Carnival, Order of the Pink Pansies, Weapons of Mass Destruction, China Town, Probably a few others I forget...

8Shade
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by 8Shade » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Tempest222 wrote:Can u take ambient dex on a dorf priest?
Ambidex is fighter only, but you can dual wield thx to sundancer or bladeweaver.

Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Deathmarch » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:36 pm

8Shade wrote:
Tempest222 wrote:Can u take ambient dex on a dorf priest?
Ambidex is fighter only, but you can dual wield thx to sundancer or bladeweaver.
That sure sounds like a funny lookin dwarf.

Return to “Priest, Servant of the Divine”