Human Heal Priest

Post Reply
Belnor
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Human Heal Priest

Post by Belnor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:18 pm

So its been a while since I played a heal priest. Don't bother posting about a dwarf build; there are plenty of those on here already. Here is my stab at a human build:
-------Specs---------
Race: Human
Class: Healer
Profession: Priest


------Starting Traits-------
Born of Iryndu (int)
Tough as Nails
Tough Hide


------Applied Runes-------
Legendary Con


----------Stats-----------
Strength: min
Dexterity: min
Constitution: 135
Intelligence: 110
Spirit: 100


----------Skills----------
MArmor: 100%
Restoration: 90 trains
Thurgy: 97%
Block: 90 trains


----------Powers----------
Resto:
Divine Recovery: 40
Tend the Wounded: 40
Sacred Healing: 40
Sacred Rejuvenation: 40
Benediction of Healing: 40
Benediction of Rejuvenation: 40
Prayer of Recovery: 40

Theu:
Grasp of the All-Father: 1
Sanction: 40
Incantation of Renunciation: 40
Psalm of Sanction: 40

A few left over trains, maybe some utility here and there.


--------------Gear--------------
all resist except:
con suffix on rings
Gods on ammy
con suffix on hood
passive def suffix on shield

should be about 3500 hps on conc, about 1k atr on stun (o stance), and 500 - 1k TTWs.




So double HoTs, two "oh Skah!" heals, stam to keep the melee chopping, stuns and and debuff cleaning. Should push around 47% melee resists, good block, and as much spell resists as It can hold. Won't be a dwarf, but should be survivable while dishing out big heals, aye?

BazookaTooth
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by BazookaTooth » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 am

Personally I would do the powers points something like:

Tend the Wounded: GM
Prayer of mending:GM
Incantation of Renunciation: GM
Sanction: GM
Psalm of sanction: GM
Grasp of the All-Father: GM (the root is too good not to GM)
Sacred Healing: GM
Divine Recovery 32
Sacred Rejuvenation: 8
Prayer of Recovery: 5
Benediction of Healing: 1
Benediction of Rejuvenation: 1
Empowered healing: 1 (throw it on yourself or a bard right at the start of a fight)
Image

Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by Reaper989 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:54 am

BazookaTooth wrote:Personally I would do the powers points something like:

Tend the Wounded: GM
Prayer of mending:GM
Incantation of Renunciation: GM
Sanction: GM
Psalm of sanction: GM
Grasp of the All-Father: GM (the root is too good not to GM)
Sacred Healing: GM
Divine Recovery 32
Sacred Rejuvenation: 8
Prayer of Recovery: 5
Benediction of Healing: 1
Benediction of Rejuvenation: 1
Empowered healing: 1 (throw it on yourself or a bard right at the start of a fight)

Agreed, however I'm confused why neither of you put BM to 20 and PoM in the write-up, not to mention trading BoI for Taint of Madness, while 10 int is nice the extra mana/regen would prove more effective during debuff stacks while stripping said debuffs. Looks like a stun priest... but has Prayer fo Recovery, thus why I state that.

I never got into wanting to GM the AoE stun... one point was enough to make a huge dent without causing it to not last for another fight. Granted... if I didn't train BM to 20 (19 trains) and PoM (Hell, even just having it at 1 is better then none) to GM I'd probly sink it there for sure.

Heyzeuss
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:39 pm
Location: MD

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by Heyzeuss » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 am

I see no point in being Human with that low of Int, dwarf is better if u're Int is gonna still be low

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by Cryfowl » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Heyzeuss wrote:I see no point in being Human with that low of Int, dwarf is better if u're Int is gonna still be low
I really have to agree with heyzeuss here. It seems so counter productive to actually go with BoI as a starting rune and then do nothing with INT for the rest of the build.

I'm kind of puzzled as to the exact role you are aiming for here is this supposed to be a groups primary heal priest ? because it looks far more like a stun / secondary heal priest. GMing the aoe stun is pointless on any priest except a stun build. Personally i don't mind the high resto build priests. I've done it before and they can be quite good.



I would absolutely go with the bell helm (+10ben/rest 100mana 25%MR) and gloves (2 pierce, 100 mana 25%MR) and DROP at least half of that SPI into INT ! You would be FAR more effective across the board with those 50 points invested in INT as opposed to SPI.
MR is easy to get in SB there is little reason to invest more than token amounts into SPI unless you are going for a full spi build. For that matter you should have MR on two rings as well. If you plan on high resto then consider using the Bell Shield (+3PD, +10 ben/rest) also for anytime you don't know your opponents specific dmg type. (IE: HZ or mines)
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image

Braxis
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 am

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by Braxis » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
Heyzeuss wrote:
I would absolutely go with the bell helm (+10ben/rest 100mana 25%MR) and gloves (2 pierce, 100 mana 25%MR) and DROP at least half of that SPI into INT ! You would be FAR more effective across the board with those 50 points invested in INT as opposed to SPI.
MR is easy to get in SB there is little reason to invest more than token amounts into SPI unless you are going for a full spi build. For that matter you should have MR on two rings as well. If you plan on high resto then consider using the Bell Shield (+3PD, +10 ben/rest) also for anytime you don't know your opponents specific dmg type. (IE: HZ or mines)
This
Image

dreaminshadow
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by dreaminshadow » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:18 pm

priest is so strong in the game ,i like too.

leahnnovash
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by leahnnovash » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm

I am sorry to hijack your topic, but I seem to be unable to create my own. Can someone give me an opinion on this build?

-------The Basics---------

Race: Human
Class: Healer
Profession: Priest

------Applied Runes-------

Taint of Madness
Faith of Ages
Born of the Irydnu
Incredible Intelligence
Incredible Spirit
Commander

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 35/100
Dexterity: 25/100
Constitution: 93/100
Intelligence: 130/130
Spirit: 130/130

----------Skills----------

Benediction 70% (24 trains)
Restoration 115% (69 trains)
Block 100% (63 trains)
Theurgy 90% (44 trains)
Wear Armor, Medium 100% (63 trains)

----------Powers----------

Blessing of Health 21 (Journeyman)
Incantation of Renunciation 40 (Grand Master)
Tend the Wounded 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of the All-Father 40 (Grand Master)
Sanction 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Rejuvenation 40 (Grand Master)
Divine Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
Blessed Purity 40 (Grand Master)
Benediction of Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Benediction of Rejuvenation 40 (Grand Master)
Prayer of Recovery 40 (Grand Master)

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by Cryfowl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:33 pm

leahnnovash wrote:I am sorry to hijack your topic, but I seem to be unable to create my own. Can someone give me an opinion on this build?

-------The Basics---------

Race: Human
Class: Healer
Profession: Priest

------Applied Runes-------

Taint of Madness
Faith of Ages
Born of the Irydnu
Incredible Intelligence
Incredible Spirit
Commander

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 35/100
Dexterity: 25/100
Constitution: 93/100
Intelligence: 130/130
Spirit: 130/130

----------Skills----------

Benediction 70% (24 trains)
Restoration 115% (69 trains)
Block 100% (63 trains)
Theurgy 90% (44 trains)
Wear Armor, Medium 100% (63 trains)

----------Powers----------

Blessing of Health 21 (Journeyman)
Incantation of Renunciation 40 (Grand Master)
Tend the Wounded 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of the All-Father 40 (Grand Master)
Sanction 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Rejuvenation 40 (Grand Master)
Divine Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
Blessed Purity 40 (Grand Master)
Benediction of Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Benediction of Rejuvenation 40 (Grand Master)
Prayer of Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
You can't make a new thread because your post count isn't high enough. find the spam thread and take care of that problem and you are all set. now about that build:

At first glance I'd guess you've never built or played a priest before. Don't let that statement discourage you, i actually applaud your ambition and it's wise to learn as much as you can now before you waste time and resources on a build you don't like in the end and decide to re-roll or worse give up on. Stick with it every nation in this game wants and needs more priest players.

Not quite sure what you were aiming for here but your Con is too low. You're not exactly a glass cannon with uber heals here either cause your INT is too low for that. IMO it's better to go SPI/Con with a little into INT or INT/Con with a little into SPI. Because I don't think you're going to last long enough in any engagement to be of much use the way you are building this now. What kind of HP are you going to have with 93 con ? 3k max !? probably less. Low con priests are viable in the hands of a veteran player but i would never attempt one that's SPI based, only INT and even then i'd choose elf over human. You might as well go all in right ?

- Gming Sacred Rejuvination is a waste. The only time you will use it is when you team mates have the luxury of sitting down (doubling the spell) leave it at 8 to get the group version. Benediction of Rejuvenation can be left between 15-20 for the same reason. Sitting down your target will get about 80% back at these levels (+ what they still had left usually means a full stam bar unless they were 000s which is rare). You now have 52 more training points !

- Blessing of health is granted at lvl 20 to all healers. Putting one train in it accomplishes nothing because it won't overwrite a pot until you hit 36 so take that one out. Remove all trains from "blessed Purity" again it doesn't overwrite a pot until you hit 36 so in essence you are wasting 40 trains in order to gain an additional 5% MR. Gear and play this properly and that extra 5% MR will be meaningless anyways (especially seeing as how you are pumping up SPI). Unless your building a buff bot leave this out. That's 41 more trains !

- Drop Taint of madness. Again it's unnecessary Especially with SPI that high. Gear and play it right and MR shouldn't be an issue. Tough Hide will serve you far better.

- Use some of those trains I've saved you to gold out Block. You only have PD and resists keeping you alive so maximize them.

- I like taking Darksworn and putting 1 train into each of the 3 spells. The HR and MR spells are fun to throw on casters when your side is already winning and you have time (not in the heat of the battle) It's a sort of kick -them- when- they're- down move but hey this is play to crush ! The health drain is useful as a root break (cast it on yourself) again if you have time or in a mana emergency (at 25 mana cost it's cheaper than IoR but has a longer cast time).
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image

leahnnovash
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by leahnnovash » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Cryfowl wrote: You can't make a new thread because your post count isn't high enough. find the spam thread and take care of that problem and you are all set. now about that build:

At first glance I'd guess you've never built or played a priest before. Don't let that statement discourage you, i actually applaud your ambition and it's wise to learn as much as you can now before you waste time and resources on a build you don't like in the end and decide to re-roll or worse give up on. Stick with it every nation in this game wants and needs more priest players.
Don't worry, I won't give up. I will learn how to play Priests on Shadowbane the same way I learned how to play healers on every other game I played. ;-)

Now, since you're being so kind as to correct my mistakes, let's go to work, shall we?

- You did not criticize Born of the Irydnu, but seeing as you consider my INT points to be better invested into CON, I think it is a better choice to take the Born of the Ethyri in its place. It gives me the same bonus MR and a slightly higher SPI, which means even more MR. With enough of it, I shall be recovering mana about the same rate as I use it.

- You did say that I should put a little into INT, but did not say how much. I will make a second attempt, so excuse me if I undershoot this time.

- You may have saved many training points, but with much lower INT, it will cost more to reach the same levels, not to mention that I will gold at a much lower number.

Second attempt:

-------The Basics---------

Race: Human
Class: Healer
Profession: Priest

------Applied Runes-------

Born of the Ethyri
Faith of Ages
Tough Hide
Incredible Spirit
Incredible Constitution
Commander
Darksworn

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 35/100
Dexterity: 25/100
Constitution: 120/120
Intelligence: 91/100
Spirit: 140/140

----------Skills----------

Benediction 70% (29 trains)
Restoration 115% (74 trains)
Block 130% (108 trains)
Theurgy 90% (49 trains)
Wear Armor, Medium 100% (69 trains)

----------Powers----------

Incantation of Renunciation 40 (Grand Master)
Tend the Wounded 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of the All-Father 40 (Grand Master)
Sanction 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Rejuvenation 8 (Apprentice)
Divine Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
Benediction of Rejuvenation 20 (Journeyman)
Benediction of Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Prayer of Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
Blight of Chaos 20 (Journeyman)
Corrupt the Mind 1 (Untrained)
Corrupt the Body 1 (Untrained)
Shield Block 5 (Apprentice)

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by Cryfowl » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:33 pm

leahnnovash wrote:
Cryfowl wrote: You can't make a new thread because your post count isn't high enough. find the spam thread and take care of that problem and you are all set. now about that build:

At first glance I'd guess you've never built or played a priest before. Don't let that statement discourage you, i actually applaud your ambition and it's wise to learn as much as you can now before you waste time and resources on a build you don't like in the end and decide to re-roll or worse give up on. Stick with it every nation in this game wants and needs more priest players.
Don't worry, I won't give up. I will learn how to play Priests on Shadowbane the same way I learned how to play healers on every other game I played. ;-)

Now, since you're being so kind as to correct my mistakes, let's go to work, shall we?

- You did not criticize Born of the Irydnu, but seeing as you consider my INT points to be better invested into CON, I think it is a better choice to take the Born of the Ethyri in its place. It gives me the same bonus MR and a slightly higher SPI, which means even more MR. With enough of it, I shall be recovering mana about the same rate as I use it.

- You did say that I should put a little into INT, but did not say how much. I will make a second attempt, so excuse me if I undershoot this time.

- You may have saved many training points, but with much lower INT, it will cost more to reach the same levels, not to mention that I will gold at a much lower number.

Second attempt:

-------The Basics---------

Race: Human
Class: Healer
Profession: Priest

------Applied Runes-------

Born of the Ethyri
Faith of Ages
Tough Hide
Incredible Spirit
Incredible Constitution
Commander
Darksworn

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 35/100
Dexterity: 25/100
Constitution: 120/120
Intelligence: 91/100
Spirit: 140/140

----------Skills----------

Benediction 70% (29 trains)
Restoration 115% (74 trains)
Block 130% (108 trains)
Theurgy 90% (49 trains)
Wear Armor, Medium 100% (69 trains)

----------Powers----------

Incantation of Renunciation 40 (Grand Master)
Tend the Wounded 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of the All-Father 40 (Grand Master)
Sanction 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Rejuvenation 8 (Apprentice)
Divine Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
Benediction of Rejuvenation 20 (Journeyman)
Benediction of Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Prayer of Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
Blight of Chaos 20 (Journeyman)
Corrupt the Mind 1 (Untrained)
Corrupt the Body 1 (Untrained)
Shield Block 5 (Apprentice)
Ok this looks a little better at least now i can see you are trying to steer this towards a primarily SPI build. You still have a couple things to fix.

Blight of Chaos is certainly a tempting spell - it looks really good at face value however do not put more than ! train into it. It really isn't a good spell it's only a novelty. it has no focus line and very low base damage and crappy ATR - so it will never hit for much which means it's not going to do jack towards keeping you alive. You could cast TTW three times and heal yourself for 10x the amount you'll be able to drain for in the same amount of time. I use it as i said before to occasionally break roots (time and pressure permitting) or for giggles trying to steal a kill shot (quite an accomplishment for a priest). keep it at 1.

91 INT is fine for a SPI build. and your Con is better as well. At least now you will have enough HP to begin to last long enough to do your group some good.

Not sure why you put points into shield block. I guess if you have nothing better to put them towards then OK. But that spell is really only a last resort "oh Skah!" button you'll only use once in a while when you are under heavy fire from melee. (it's useless against casters) I never put anything in it and wouldn't put anything more than 2/1 trains if i decided to. You have roots and stuns to help cope with hostile melee (and you should be able to cope with 1 easily 2-3 once your experienced). Ultimately i rarely use this spell and if I need to things are already pretty bleak anyways.]

Speaking of stuns you seem to be missing two - the Aoe and the other single target. At least put one into each.

We need to speak further about MR but i am out of time ATM so that will have to wait for later.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by tooshifty » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:37 pm

human? you should gm that mofoing empower heal spell bro. you'll heal you for like 500 a dot when the swarm hits you and single target for like 1600. its just a boss 30 secconds of, "fck u meat horses i aint runnin nowhere!"
Image
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

leahnnovash
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by leahnnovash » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:09 am

tooshifty wrote:human? you should gm that mofoing empower heal spell bro. you'll heal you for like 500 a dot when the swarm hits you and single target for like 1600. its just a boss 30 secconds of, "fck u meat horses i aint runnin nowhere!"
Empowered Healing is not considered a good spell because it has a debuff flag, meaning IoR will remove it.

leahnnovash
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by leahnnovash » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:25 am

Cryfowl wrote: Ok this looks a little better at least now i can see you are trying to steer this towards a primarily SPI build. You still have a couple things to fix.

Blight of Chaos is certainly a tempting spell - it looks really good at face value however do not put more than ! train into it. It really isn't a good spell it's only a novelty. it has no focus line and very low base damage and crappy ATR - so it will never hit for much which means it's not going to do jack towards keeping you alive. You could cast TTW three times and heal yourself for 10x the amount you'll be able to drain for in the same amount of time. I use it as i said before to occasionally break roots (time and pressure permitting) or for giggles trying to steal a kill shot (quite an accomplishment for a priest). keep it at 1.

91 INT is fine for a SPI build. and your Con is better as well. At least now you will have enough HP to begin to last long enough to do your group some good.

Not sure why you put points into shield block. I guess if you have nothing better to put them towards then OK. But that spell is really only a last resort "oh Skah!" button you'll only use once in a while when you are under heavy fire from melee. (it's useless against casters) I never put anything in it and wouldn't put anything more than 2/1 trains if i decided to. You have roots and stuns to help cope with hostile melee (and you should be able to cope with 1 easily 2-3 once your experienced). Ultimately i rarely use this spell and if I need to things are already pretty bleak anyways.]

Speaking of stuns you seem to be missing two - the Aoe and the other single target. At least put one into each.

We need to speak further about MR but i am out of time ATM so that will have to wait for later.
Raised Theurgy to 97% and got the fourth stun spell. Don't know if it is any useful, as it is probably overkill to have two AoE stuns, but it might be useful if someone pulls that Commander trick that removes stun from the group.

Removed Shield Block. Removed points from Blight. Added three more stun spells, and spread the training points among them evenly. I don't know if that's the best option, but didn't see any advantage on putting all on any specific one.

Third attempt:

-------The Basics---------

Race: Human
Class: Healer
Profession: Priest

------Applied Runes-------

Born of the Ethyri
Faith of Ages
Tough Hide
Incredible Spirit
Incredible Constitution
Commander
Darksworn

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 35/100
Dexterity: 25/100
Constitution: 120/120
Intelligence: 91/100
Spirit: 140/140

----------Skills----------

Benediction 70% (29 trains)
Restoration 115% (74 trains)
Block 130% (108 trains)
Theurgy 97% (56 trains)
Wear Armor, Medium 100% (69 trains)

----------Powers----------

Incantation of Renunciation 40 (Grand Master)
Tend the Wounded 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of the All-Father 40 (Grand Master)
Sanction 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Rejuvenation 8 (Apprentice)
Divine Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
Benediction of Rejuvenation 20 (Journeyman)
Benediction of Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Prayer of Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
Divine Condemnation 6 (Beginner)
Holy Curse 6 (Beginner)
Psalm of Sanction 6 (Beginner)
Blight of Chaos 1 (Untrained)
Corrupt the Mind 1 (Untrained)
Corrupt the Body 1 (Untrained)

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by tooshifty » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 am

leahnnovash wrote:
tooshifty wrote:human? you should gm that mofoing empower heal spell bro. you'll heal you for like 500 a dot when the swarm hits you and single target for like 1600. its just a boss 30 secconds of, "fck u meat horses i aint runnin nowhere!"
Empowered Healing is not considered a good spell because it has a debuff flag, meaning IoR will remove it.
ya i know. but it saved me on my low hp human priest endless times. so i consider it a bomb [fluffy bunnies] spell. i love it. mind you my dwarf does not have it trained for obvious reasons. I train it on the human priests only, and it has not let me down. you just have to use it with care and wisdom.
Image
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by Cryfowl » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:46 pm

leahnnovash wrote:
Cryfowl wrote: Ok this looks a little better at least now i can see you are trying to steer this towards a primarily SPI build. You still have a couple things to fix.

Blight of Chaos is certainly a tempting spell - it looks really good at face value however do not put more than ! train into it. It really isn't a good spell it's only a novelty. it has no focus line and very low base damage and crappy ATR - so it will never hit for much which means it's not going to do jack towards keeping you alive. You could cast TTW three times and heal yourself for 10x the amount you'll be able to drain for in the same amount of time. I use it as i said before to occasionally break roots (time and pressure permitting) or for giggles trying to steal a kill shot (quite an accomplishment for a priest). keep it at 1.

91 INT is fine for a SPI build. and your Con is better as well. At least now you will have enough HP to begin to last long enough to do your group some good.

Not sure why you put points into shield block. I guess if you have nothing better to put them towards then OK. But that spell is really only a last resort "oh Skah!" button you'll only use once in a while when you are under heavy fire from melee. (it's useless against casters) I never put anything in it and wouldn't put anything more than 2/1 trains if i decided to. You have roots and stuns to help cope with hostile melee (and you should be able to cope with 1 easily 2-3 once your experienced). Ultimately i rarely use this spell and if I need to things are already pretty bleak anyways.]

Speaking of stuns you seem to be missing two - the Aoe and the other single target. At least put one into each.

We need to speak further about MR but i am out of time ATM so that will have to wait for later.
Raised Theurgy to 97% and got the fourth stun spell. Don't know if it is any useful, as it is probably overkill to have two AoE stuns, but it might be useful if someone pulls that Commander trick that removes stun from the group.

Removed Shield Block. Removed points from Blight. Added three more stun spells, and spread the training points among them evenly. I don't know if that's the best option, but didn't see any advantage on putting all on any specific one.

Third attempt:

-------The Basics---------

Race: Human
Class: Healer
Profession: Priest

------Applied Runes-------

Born of the Ethyri
Faith of Ages
Tough Hide
Incredible Spirit
Incredible Constitution
Commander
Darksworn

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 35/100
Dexterity: 25/100
Constitution: 120/120
Intelligence: 91/100
Spirit: 140/140

----------Skills----------

Benediction 70% (29 trains)
Restoration 115% (74 trains)
Block 130% (108 trains)
Theurgy 97% (56 trains)
Wear Armor, Medium 100% (69 trains)

----------Powers----------

Incantation of Renunciation 40 (Grand Master)
Tend the Wounded 40 (Grand Master)
Grasp of the All-Father 40 (Grand Master)
Sanction 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Sacred Rejuvenation 8 (Apprentice)
Divine Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
Benediction of Rejuvenation 20 (Journeyman)
Benediction of Healing 40 (Grand Master)
Prayer of Recovery 40 (Grand Master)
Divine Condemnation 6 (Beginner)
Holy Curse 6 (Beginner)
Psalm of Sanction 6 (Beginner)
Blight of Chaos 1 (Untrained)
Corrupt the Mind 1 (Untrained)
Corrupt the Body 1 (Untrained)
Looking better.

As for the stuns you want multiple ones available for added crowd control even if you only put 1 train into the other ones. You have your main one GM's which is good and you'll use that the most but it's often handy to have several you can instacast.

Now about that MR. You seem to be on a mission to make sure you will never ever ever run ooom and that's fine but you are not taking a couple things into consideration. First off you should be using the Bell helm(+10Ben/Rest 100 mana +25%MR) and gloves(+2 pierce, 100mana 25%MR) That extra 50% goes a long ways. Additionally you need to make the habit of clicking into walk mode as much as possible. any time you are in stacks or any time your group is battling you should be in walk mode so your powers cost less. You will also be having MR on two rings most likely Just doing these things will help make certain you don't need so damn much MR lol.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Human Heal Priest

Post by Cryfowl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:48 pm

leahnnovash wrote:
tooshifty wrote:human? you should gm that mofoing empower heal spell bro. you'll heal you for like 500 a dot when the swarm hits you and single target for like 1600. its just a boss 30 secconds of, "fck u meat horses i aint runnin nowhere!"
Empowered Healing is not considered a good spell because it has a debuff flag, meaning IoR will remove it.
Not only this but it's also one hell of a point sink into Theurgy (which gets you nothing else that's very useful) just to get it and more to train it.. EH is nice - but is it worth the investment for a spell that has a long recast, 30 second duration and an awkward flagging ? I havn't used on 90% of all the priests I've built since they came out with this and still do fine.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Priest, Servant of the Divine”