which would be better?

mstrwayne
Snobo
Snobo

which would be better?

Post by mstrwayne » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:01 pm

which would be better human WR fighter bow Ranger con/int or con dex , for maximizing damage done and still having good regen, or to make the choice a bit more difficult Shade instead of human? could someone tell me optimal con int or con dex amounts to maximize for damage and regen thank you. I am experimenting and have rolled an attempt at both, but without a WR applied, nor any in game runes. con/dex one I have at level 33 and from level 15 on it is doing great damage with priest buffs. Its hitting between 90 and 175 for most shots with a 100 level bow ( forgot which one, Im at work and cant check right now). The con/Int one is only at level 11 on noob right now, but of course its not hitting near as hard as the dex one, and I cant equipt a 100 level bow with procs yet, its going to take it a bit longer to get off of noob. thanks for any expert advice.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: which would be better?

Post by tooshifty » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:09 pm

If you do go wereform you would be much better off con/dex.
-I'd go 160dex/140con/60int and con/con jewels for an off stance build.
-For a def toon take 20 points from con and put it in int. You can still get 4k+hp and 2.1k+def out of form.
-this is best as an LA toon, but if you are MA you can achieve around 2k def and 4.4k hp give or take depending on gear(out of forms).

If you go Int/con it gets more difficult due to high mana costs...you will need a 900mana pool to nuke and heal effectively.
-you will not be wererat lest you want to gimp its dps massively
-you will have lower hp regen due to mana gear neccessity
-If you want a def build you will have to take a low hp pool(thus no hp regen) and max out int, while taking dex to a solid 90+ base
-this is a MED armour toon whether its def or off stance builds...the def will be the same in both la and ma armour sets

i always go human for extra trains on ranger...but thats just me.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

mstrwayne
Snobo
Snobo

Post by mstrwayne » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:45 pm

TooShifty thank you for the info, for the Off stance build would that be 100% Ma or LA? I think I will reroll ,I had more con than dex, I will use the stats you posted, and will I be able to fit TAN in at creation ?

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:03 pm

the only variation of those builds you would use LA for is the high dex def build. If you go off stance ranger MA is your friend.

You should be able to get tan. I mean those base stats arent the end all be all. Its just better to try and get higher base DEX/INT/STR and take con on rings, because your abilities are modified more by dex/int/str and with high natural dex u get more points and higher ability caps.

P.S. on regen rangers, its good to take +100hp on armour sets. The 500hp makes a world of difference on regen toons- especially on the def/regen builds.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

mstrwayne
Snobo
Snobo

Post by mstrwayne » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Ok I rerolled last night and was able to fit TAN in and go with the 160/140 Dex/con as you advised, once again thank you for the information.

Return to “Ranger, Walker in the Wilderness”