Int Rangers

Dahk
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Int Rangers

Post by Dahk » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:10 am

Anyone else tired of seeing solo play turning into "everyone roll an int based ranger and spam thorns" meta? Its getting tired. Who's idea as it to buff the thorns DoT? Horrible change.
Rockout with my Dahk out
previously known as Averith

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Int Rangers

Post by tooshifty » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:44 pm

I mostly find rangers when pking, but they are either bm/bw or bow. One could hardly call them int rangers. I see a lot of rangers with 2400ish def. They do have some int, but im yet to fight someone with a similar ranger build to mine in pvp. I have as much int as possible on my ranger shifty.

3/4 of thorns damage is done by bleeding damage. There are a lot of characters that can remove bleeds. Thorns doesnt hurt very much when its just piercing damage left. I just heal the bleed away when i fight other rangers.

The toughest ranger i've fought didnt use thorns or the heal, it was just a straight up BW dex monkey with the highest def possible.

They could tweek it a little i suppose. Poor vamp scouts have no chance against thorns period. I dotted a vamp the other day. and it took him to 1/3 of his health and the dot wasnt even done. I proceeded to dot him again and... *POOF*.

Again there are a lot of things to make thorns hit for kittens. NS, rangers, warlocks, doomsayers, scouts, thieves, barbs, warriors, huntresses and all healer classes can remove that ranger bleed. That's 14/22 classes that can make the dot hit for kittens. Though...thorns can be recast in 5 seconds and only healers, rangers, warlocks and doomies can remove the bleed every time its put on them. All the other toons who can remove the bleed would only be able to do so every 30secconds.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:54 pm

At most id take 10secconds off the dot's damage time. Or make one of the dots damage types last only as long as the snare does.

The damage on the dot is in a good place. The cast time is good. The fact that it does damage on cast is also good. I dont find the dot troublesome, but i main a toon that can constantly remove the bleed component. If more people find it a problem id say give it a tweek. If this guys the only bro with a problem with thorns then i say just leave it where it is.

Im probably biased though, as i always make a thorns based ranger-emu or otherwise.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Sek » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:25 pm

I`m sad to say, but Rangers are OP atm. The Thorns change was really over the top. YES, that power NEEDED a buff, but cutting it`s cast time AND giving it bleeding damage (I believe they also increased the base damage of it, but not sure) was just way too much.

I`d propose they turn it back to the 24.3 version of it, and then just cut down the cast time to 2-2.5 seconds. That is all.

P.S. Rangers are BY FAR my favourite class, just to make that clear.
TSCCC IC

SilentX
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by SilentX » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:16 pm

deal with it
rangers4lyfe
8-)
-X-

Dahk
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Dahk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:04 am

Its laughably OP at the moment, and shifty you are assuming that every fighter/rogue has gladiator in their build. Every rogue that can should, but they don't always. I shouldn't have to build my character just to combat every single solo player being a ranger with overpowered thorns. Those BW Rangers you keep seeing? They are dex/int based. I can tell from the way their thorns hits for 300+ per tick.

Again, why was the bleed component added? Rangers are already extremely strong toons without it. Druid thorns doesn't have a bleed component, so I don't know where this idea came from.

I propose that the bleed be removed OR cast time increased to 3.5 - 4 seconds. Either way, the cooldown time should be increased to 45-60 seconds. There is no reason this DoT should be able to be spammed. Most non-healer toons that don't have a bleed removal stand no chance against a well played ranger.
Rockout with my Dahk out

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Dahk wrote:Its laughably OP at the moment, and shifty you are assuming that every fighter/rogue has gladiator in their build. Every rogue that can should, but they don't always. I shouldn't have to build my character just to combat every single solo player being a ranger with overpowered thorns. Those BW Rangers you keep seeing? They are dex/int based. I can tell from the way their thorns hits for 300+ per tick.

Again, why was the bleed component added? Rangers are already extremely strong toons without it. Druid thorns doesn't have a bleed component, so I don't know where this idea came from.

I propose that the bleed be removed OR cast time increased to 3.5 - 4 seconds. Either way, the cooldown time should be increased to 45-60 seconds. There is no reason this DoT should be able to be spammed. Most non-healer toons that don't have a bleed removal stand no chance against a well played ranger.
they are max def rangers ya...they will have some int, but they arent dotting anywhere near my rangers dot dps. I have max int and my ticks would be at max 500 if the person had no resists. They do have resists though, and most solo pk toons can remove bleeds. Or are you complaining about rangers in gvg where you can have healers remove that bleed in the blink of an eye?

Make toons to break the ones u see. Its not thieves or scouts right now it rangers. Everything can be beaten by something. If your fav toon ends up being the scissors under the rock, then maybe you need to try paper. Thats how this game is played.

druids have more than just the one dot to cast...theyre pretty good for nuke dammage. Why do druids have anything to do with rangers?

your proposed cooldown time would make the spell almost useless. They made it do damage on cast for a reason, so you can kind of nuke with it. U just seem to want to make thorns useless again. The spell used to be castable as soon as you finished casting btw. There are lots of things that could be done to the dot to keep it as strong as it is, while making it harder for lower mana toons to use the dot effectively. You would Skah! just as much if people were playing these dot rangers on live server rules. They would be almost as nasty, but could recast their dot back to back on Skah!.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Dahk
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Dahk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Nobody needs a lesson on how the game is played, pal. Many of us have played for a long, long time so there is no need to be a schmuck. You must have a pretty high opinion of yourself if you think you are the only person out there playing an int based Ranger right now. If you truly think that, you are delusional.

Explain to me how making it so Rangers cant cast their incredibly effective thorns over and over again makes it useless? You wouldn't open up with a DoT that does 2k+ damage?

Right now I run into Rangers that use this spell and then hide, or they'll use it to kite with. It is absurd the amount of Rangers that are out there for solo play right now, and thorns is a big reason why.

Thankfully Rangers will be reverted in 2.0 if that ever comes. Until then we'll have to deal with 75% of all solo pvp being Rangers who like to spam thorns.
Rockout with my Dahk out

Dropt
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Dropt » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:18 pm

Rangers are definitely OP right now. One thorns DoT on my vamp scout is almost certain death. They might have needed some love, but this is a bit much.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:53 pm

Dropt wrote:Rangers are definitely OP right now. One thorns DoT on my vamp scout is almost certain death. They might have needed some love, but this is a bit much.
stop making vamp scouts with no hp then. Your scout can kill a Skah! ton of Skah!. They should never kill a ranger though. Rock, paper, scissors people. If your fighting paper bring scissors. If your fighting a rock bring paper. these rangers are very killlable. I went from no status to godlike in a single day, but i pked my [fluffy bunnies] of all day. I killed a Skah! ton of rangers btw. Want to know what gives me the toughest fight? Fighter barbs. All those bw/bm rangers were pwned out of their minds by my toon, yet a fighter barb can overpower me if im not careful. My point is your vamp scout would Skah! the face off a fighter barb. I can Skah! the face off your bm/bw ranger. ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:59 pm

too be fair Chim beat me 1v1. but no ones come close to his success against me yet. Note the dude is a BW ranger and he didnt use thorns or a heal to fight me. he's killed 3-0 vs me atm. No one can come close to comparing.

A max def thief can kill almost all these rangers no problem. I mean...my max ranger only has 2400 atr, on his dot. Ive not seen one max int ranger in a fight. Which means that you can get more def than a ranger has atr in precise and you can make their dot useless unless they get a def buff on u. Make a max def bow thief and u pwn these bm/bw dot rangers. They wont have the atr to hit u with a dot.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

SilentX
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by SilentX » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:59 pm

I would like to 1v1 your ranger against my ranger shifty
-X-

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:42 pm

its not a toon thats made for an organized 1v1 match. Its made to fight all character types, and in doing so its rather week against some and i have to get rather tactical against most toons. If you see me in zone and were the only 2 on track , know im coming for ya. Everything else is situational. For instance a smart BW/BM player can beat my ranger 1v1, but in real SB i kill them every time aside from chim(had to get a different ring just because of him so i can beat him next time i see him).
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

MAGRUDER
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by MAGRUDER » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:17 pm

tooshifty wrote:its not a toon thats made for an organized 1v1 match. Its made to fight all character types, and in doing so its rather week against some and i have to get rather tactical against most toons. If you see me in zone and were the only 2 on track , know im coming for ya. Everything else is situational. For instance a smart BW/BM player can beat my ranger 1v1, but in real SB i kill them every time aside from chim(had to get a different ring just because of him so i can beat him next time i see him).

Which day of the week?
NSFW:

Return to “Ranger, Walker in the Wilderness”