The Telebomber

Viscuss
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

The Telebomber

Post by Viscuss » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:29 pm

This build is purely for TeleBombing then possibly doing mana drain/snare holy debuff and hitting small bomb until dead.

Elf Male Fighter Sentinel
(Male because everybody knows women are only better than men at sex and looking good, nothing else.)
Creation:
Take 5 from all

Starting Runes:
Scion of the Dar Khelegeur
Wizards Apprentice
Brilliant Mind
Lucky

Ingame runes:
Intelligence of the Gods
(No useful Discs for this build)
Final Stats:
Str 35/70
Dex 93/140
Con 65/65
Int 190/190
Spi 30/95

Trains:
Abjuration 118 for 146%
Hammer 90 for 133%
Wear Armor Heavy 90 for 133
Block 90 for 148%
Def stance Def 2076
Abjuration:
Atr 1296 Spell atr
Litany of Hedrusiel 40 GM Str buff stam regen buff
Dangiriel's Might 40 GM Melee/Power damage buff
Righteous Word of Binding 40 GM 247-908 Little bomb
Exalted Word of Binding 40 GM AoE Mana Drain & Snare
Divine Word of Binding 40 GM 850-3400dmg Big bomb

Gear:

Jewelery:
Abomination's of the Mastermind rings +35 Holy resist +12 int
Abomination's of Abjuration Neck +35 Holy resist +10 Abjuration
Armor:
Granite of Thanes Cloth hood +24 con +35 HR
Invincible of Thurin Vest/Arms/Legs +9 Def +45 Health
Invincible of Arnomus Gloves +9 Def +12 Dex
Invincible of Windlords Boots +9 Def +15% movement speed
Abomination's Shield of Defense +35 Holy resist +3 passive def
Weapon:
Morlochs Sentinel's Hammer of Divine Shadow +165atr +10 dmg +15 Holy resist

I seem to remember something about having a max amount of spell resists but I cant remember if it was something they did or something they talked about doing. So I stacked this guy with +155 Holy resist so even with a group of these things it will take a few of them to kill you.

This guy has no purpose but to blow up large numbers of people. So say for instance your at a bane on CN they are all up on the walls lagging the hell out of shit. You have a cpl Sapper/Sab teams go around the city get inside and take down the spires. You then group 7 of these guys with 1 priest and 2 wizards. Teleport on top of the wall with CN having activated your bomb before entering tunnel. BOOM any CN left will die quickly.

Or thats how it should be, Ive looked through all the Patch notes and I didnt see anything that would make this unworkable. Outside of that this toon is absolutely worthless for anything but lookin pretty.
The homeless sig has been cut since it aint true no more!!

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Re: The Telebomber

Post by Deathmarch » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:16 am

Max-int human makes a decent farm/solo toon. Only 20 less int for a lot more survivability.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:26 am

def helm
1 Int/Abj Ring
1 double holy ring
Int/Con Ammy
PoT Hammer(epic procs)
Def Shield

Oh and a holy buff...
Will make it a lot more survivable
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Viscuss
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Viscuss » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:37 am

Moco wrote:def helm
1 Int/Abj Ring
1 double holy ring
Int/Con Ammy
PoT Hammer(epic procs)
Def Shield

Oh and a holy buff...
Yeah but Sents dont get a holy buff nor can they take a rune to get it would have to get from a Warlock an thats always a possibility. The ring part has merit an the PoT Hammer but I aint looking for survivability just to blow some shit up with the slim chance of a second or 3rd spell after the 1st if I survive getting hit by 7 bombs.

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:42 am

Holy Word of Binding

Area of Effect Holy Debuff Chant

Viscuss
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Viscuss » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:09 am

Deathmarch wrote:Holy Word of Binding

He said holy buff not debuff. And I may have mentioned once or twice this is built for telebombing. And when you telebomb you're not going to be able to cast a debuff and have it debuff the targets along with getting your bomb off.

The main problem we always had with taking a CN city wasnt because they got skill, cuz 19 out of 20 of them are just button mashers, it was because of sheer numbers. Now if all of those numbers are bunched up on a wall or next to a wall and 7 to 21 of these fuckers land on top of them it will drastically reduce their numbers. For the first bane anyway, And if we clear CN out of a bane 1 time they wont be able to get the upper hand again for that bane.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:21 am

Viscuss wrote:
1 Int/Abj Ring
1 double holy ring
Int/Con Ammy
PoT Hammer(epic procs)
Def Shield

Oh and a holy buff...
Yeah but Sents dont get a holy buff nor can they take a rune to get it would have to get from a Warlock an thats always a possibility. The ring part has merit an the PoT Hammer but I aint looking for survivability just to blow some s*** up with the slim chance of a second or 3rd spell after the 1st if I survive getting hit by 7 bombs.
I had a necro bot in mind when I mentioned that... since atleast 80% of SB pop has a necro bot for void/holy
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Viscuss
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Viscuss » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:27 am

Moco wrote:
Viscuss wrote:
1 Int/Abj Ring
1 double holy ring
Int/Con Ammy
PoT Hammer(epic procs)
Def Shield

Oh and a holy buff...
Yeah but Sents dont get a holy buff nor can they take a rune to get it would have to get from a Warlock an thats always a possibility. The ring part has merit an the PoT Hammer but I aint looking for survivability just to blow some s*** up with the slim chance of a second or 3rd spell after the 1st if I survive getting hit by 7 bombs.
I had a necro bot in mind when I mentioned that... since atleast 80% of SB pop has a necro bot for void/holy
Ya I didnt think of Necro but it would be the same deal. But I just dont care for buff bots and would rather get a buff from an active toon vs a bot.

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Viscuss wrote:

He said holy buff not debuff. And I may have mentioned once or twice this is built for telebombing. And when you telebomb you're not going to be able to cast a debuff and have it debuff the targets along with getting your bomb off.

The main problem we always had with taking a CN city wasnt because they got skill, cuz 19 out of 20 of them are just button mashers, it was because of sheer numbers. Now if all of those numbers are bunched up on a wall or next to a wall and 7 to 21 of these f*** land on top of them it will drastically reduce their numbers. For the first bane anyway, And if we clear CN out of a bane 1 time they wont be able to get the upper hand again for that bane.
2*2 = 4

3*1 = 3

2*1.5 = 3

So unless there's only 2 sentinels, you're doing more dmg by having one guy not cast the big bomb and hit the debuff instead.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:41 pm

I've seen CN beat people even numbers and still heard people talk numbers. They weren't as bad as you lot like to make out. I've had better fights even 1v1 with CN than half of the loudmouth yankees around here. That's a fact, like it or not.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Ajushi wrote:I've seen CN beat people even numbers and still heard people talk numbers. They weren't as bad as you lot like to make out. I've had better fights even 1v1 with CN than half of the loudmouth yankees around here. That's a fact, like it or not.
I've handed CN there asses many times 2groups vs my druid/macro bard & a active priest but regardless there are some actual decent CN players. On saedron there was a CN group that ran temple charter under "All Fathers Fire". They were the only organized/semi fair numbered(aside from banes) CN bunch I have ever fought in my SB history

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Ajushi wrote:I've seen CN beat people even numbers and still heard people talk numbers. They weren't as bad as you lot like to make out. I've had better fights even 1v1 with CN than half of the loudmouth yankees around here. That's a fact, like it or not.
I'll say that there are some pretty bad players in CN, but actually a CN vamp scout holds one of the few 1v1 victories against my sentinel. He killed me so fast I didn't even have time to get close enough for the snare, nevermind doing any damage. I think I dropped in less than 20 seconds.

Viscuss
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Viscuss » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Deathmarch wrote:
Viscuss wrote:

The main problem we always had with taking a CN city wasnt because they got skill, cuz 19 out of 20 of them are just button mashers, it was because of sheer numbers. Now if all of those numbers are bunched up on a wall or next to a wall and 7 to 21 of these f*** land on top of them it will drastically reduce their numbers. For the first bane anyway, And if we clear CN out of a bane 1 time they wont be able to get the upper hand again for that bane.
2*2 = 4

3*1 = 3

2*1.5 = 3

So unless there's only 2 sentinels, you're doing more dmg by having one guy not cast the big bomb and hit the debuff instead.
And if you cast a chant on 1 side of a tunnel who does it hit on the other side of the tunnel? Holy Word of Binding has a 1.5 sec cast and it doesnt recast for 20 seconds.

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Viscuss wrote:
Deathmarch wrote:
Viscuss wrote: He said holy buff not debuff. And I may have mentioned once or twice this is built for telebombing. And when you telebomb you're not going to be able to cast a debuff and have it debuff the targets along with getting your bomb off.

2*2 = 4

3*1 = 3

2*1.5 = 3

And if you cast a chant on 1 side of a tunnel who does it hit on the other side of the tunnel? Holy Word of Binding has a 1.5 sec cast and it doesnt recast for 20 seconds.
I'm sure there's no way you could get someone to time it right.

Viscuss
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Viscuss » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:14 pm

Deathmarch wrote:
Viscuss wrote:
Deathmarch wrote: 2*2 = 4

3*1 = 3

2*1.5 = 3

I'm sure there's no way you could get someone to time it right.
Im sure it would be possible to get the timing down with some practice but even while practicing your going to get 1 right out of maybe 10 tries. Then you also have to deal with the possibility of lag. Thats the thing about the big bomb it has a 6 sec cast time so there is a lot more room for error.

It dont really matter, Ive decided this build is pretty worthless

Return to “Sentinel, Scourge of Chaos”