Str/Int Hi-Def Farmer?

Saal
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Str/Int Hi-Def Farmer?

Post by Saal » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:41 am

I'm curious if this has been tried before. While I applaud the single box limit for PvP, it can make it a tad frustrating to farm during dead hours when you have to recall to junk constantly due to lack of a lootbot. I'd like to see how much def you could hit by spiking str/int, HA and weapon lines on a HG or Cent, so your killer and looter could be consolidated into one toon.
Sig by Vervandi
Gooya wrote:This is the most successful troll thread in the whole history of shadowbane.
diesl80 wrote:Please cry somewhere else this game is serious and I take everything here serious.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Str/Int Hi-Def Farmer?

Post by tooshifty » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:47 pm

my HG farmlar is high dps and a lootbot in one. It is very effective. I use a burning greatsword and like 105 base int. its not bad in pvp either, the sword damage stands high and im still standing at like 5.7khp. I had Juuuuust enough def to farm with. I had him at almost 1600def at one point but i had to get rid of my strip to achieve that so in the long run it wasnt worth it for times i needed to pvp. I took it down to min 100% for armor and now i have juuuuust enough def to farm shit properly. the gs is more fun to farm with too =P smack smack smack! when i go and bank, i get about 200k or so on top of looted gold from junking items alone; so its practical with around 310 inventory space.

a sentinal version would be just as effective i think.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

coolstream
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by coolstream » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:09 am

def sent with decent to decent high str is totally viable for macro or active farming... tad on the slow side tho.

if you can multi box, a druid will kill shit way faster tho, and then you can also summon back your looter!
"If I don't know what I'm doing, my enemy certainly can't anticipate my future actions!"

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:48 am

coolstream wrote:def sent with decent to decent high str is totally viable for macro or active farming... tad on the slow side tho.

if you can multi box, a druid will kill shit way faster tho, and then you can also summon back your looter!

i think he's trying to avoid the need for a loot bot 0.0, just like i have!
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:18 am

Saal wrote:I'm curious if this has been tried before. While I applaud the single box limit for PvP, it can make it a tad frustrating to farm during dead hours when you have to recall to junk constantly due to lack of a lootbot. I'd like to see how much def you could hit by spiking str/int, HA and weapon lines on a HG or Cent, so your killer and looter could be consolidated into one toon.
1978(full vorg HA) Str/Int HG farmbot sent with 150 ha & 120 block
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Saal
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Saal » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:37 am

Moco wrote:
Saal wrote:I'm curious if this has been tried before. While I applaud the single box limit for PvP, it can make it a tad frustrating to farm during dead hours when you have to recall to junk constantly due to lack of a lootbot. I'd like to see how much def you could hit by spiking str/int, HA and weapon lines on a HG or Cent, so your killer and looter could be consolidated into one toon.
1978(full vorg HA) Str/Int HG farmbot sent with 150 ha & 120 block
Holy shit....wasn't expecting anything near that good. I'll have to give that a try!
Sig by Vervandi
Gooya wrote:This is the most successful troll thread in the whole history of shadowbane.
diesl80 wrote:Please cry somewhere else this game is serious and I take everything here serious.

Fleetness
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Fleetness » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:25 pm

You don't need 1900+ def for a farm toon. 1650 is plenty and having higher than 120 block is actually better than the higher def. Shoot for 1700 Def and 160-180 mouse-over block after buffs. That should let you block more than half of all mob attacks. Miss most of the rest, and have HA resists against any that manage to get through. In walk mode, you should be able to health regen any damage that does make it through. May need to use RC heal if there are spellcasters in the camp.

Saal
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Saal » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:23 pm

Hmm...the 1900 version could be useful as well...how many stack do you think one could suicide bomb before people figure out they need to defcut you? ;)
Sig by Vervandi

Saal
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Saal » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:24 pm

*Doh*... vorg would be a dead giveaway xD
Sig by Vervandi

Fleetness
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Fleetness » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Any Sent running into a stack should automatically be both def cut and blinded. That is fundamental.

Sinnisteriii
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Sinnisteriii » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:54 pm

My farming/plvl hg sent is at 2022 def still missing vorg pants and gloves. At 150 str his carry capacity is 450 lbs so i can make a fair amoutn from smart looting
SOUL wrote:U talking about Sinnister Drogenn???If so that's not a memory "Flaw" Bud, that's an "Alcohol" induced flaw, LOL........
All things can be corrupted given enough time and effort.
Death comes to us all, no one is exempt.

SpLiCe
Snobo
Snobo

Post by SpLiCe » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:43 am

Moco ! What is up my brother

Bodlede
Snobo
Snobo

Str/Int Hi Def Farmer

Post by Bodlede » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:41 pm

This one has come up and I through I see what others think. When using CMB attacks like disarm you are using the weapon to remove it from your opponent now would a Unicorn get to use their Int and not strength for this. Looking at the wording of them all I couldnt see any issues with this, but wanted to see what others thoughts where.

Also you dont want a fighter with low Str as some of the good combat feats need you to have a set Str. Lowest I go would be 13 so you can get power attack.

Return to “Sentinel, Scourge of Chaos”