Sentinel Chants

Thorasta
Snobo
Snobo

Sentinel Chants

Post by Thorasta » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:06 am

Can you have more than one sentinel chant going at the same time?

Sentinels have *massive* debuff abilities - but seeing as they are chants, I wonder if you can only use one at a time.

ARMS
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Re: Sentinel Chants

Post by ARMS » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:23 am

Thorasta wrote:Can you have more than one sentinel chant going at the same time?

Sentinels have *massive* debuff abilities - but seeing as they are chants, I wonder if you can only use one at a time.
last patch made sentinel more useful , stack abilities debuff and good caster link
The Return of the King ASIA, Wrath-Bral-Mourning-Malog-Thurin King's Road _ARMS_

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:37 am

Chants can be stacked the same as bards do, but it's a lot of trains to be dumping. The int/spi one is worth is vs casters, but not a bunch of minos for obvious reasons. Sadly you will see the former more than the latter due to people being cowards.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Vlaad
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Vlaad » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:16 am

Ajushi wrote:Chants can be stacked the same as bards do, but it's a lot of trains to be dumping. The int/spi one is worth is vs casters, but not a bunch of minos for obvious reasons. Sadly you will see the former more than the latter due to people being cowards.
Actually I thought only bards could stack chants... thats what made them unique

BoneBender
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by BoneBender » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:45 pm

One chant breaks another so they will expire unless you keep recycling them...unless I missed something crucial.
Jim Reifinger wrote:If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, its all because your tactics suck.

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:14 pm

The chants don't recycle on the casting of any other spell (including other chants). Alternating debuffs, mana drain, bombs, RC heal, they all break any chants, meaning the debuffs are essentially 30 seconds long (maybe 20, I only used the holy debuff and always recast before bombing, so I can't say for sure).

I think the idea originally was to have a full group of melee sentinels, with everyone running a different debuff chant, but it never panned out.

BoneBender
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by BoneBender » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 am

Yeah, a FG can be doable, TSCCC tried it for a little while and ran everybody over for about 2 or 3 weeks until it got predictable.
Jim Reifinger wrote:If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, its all because your tactics suck.

Ajax
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Ajax » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:56 pm

THe issue with Sentinel chants and chaining them compared to bards is that senti chants cost mana and you run oom quickly as opposed to bards which cast quicker and cost nothing. Same as sader.

Cools
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Cools » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Ajax wrote:THe issue with Sentinel chants and chaining them compared to bards is that senti chants cost mana and you run oom quickly as opposed to bards which cast quicker and cost nothing. Same as sader.
But sents have an AOE mana drain which means if you are affecting someone with chants and losing mana doing it, you can have their mana on a non-hit roll aoe too.
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP!

Nail
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Nail » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:51 am

I dont see a problem with sentinel chants
Nail - Level 75 Elf Wizard
Nailed - Level 75 Elf Priest
Naild - Level 75 Elf Warrior
Xokyen - Level 72 HG Barbarian

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:19 pm

On my GvG sents, I train the int/spi debuff.

This is only because it helps with priest harass, which I think the sentinel is pretty strong at.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Return to “Sentinel, Scourge of Chaos”