G.I. Joe

Hatrakk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:19 pm

G.I. Joe

Post by Hatrakk » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Best Sentinel ever..

Thoron
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Memphis TN

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Thoron » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:20 pm

TehMash best sent ever... just sayin :P
~Retribution~

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2197
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Moco » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:42 am

BLNT - best suicide bomber

RonColeman - best melee sent

imo
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Thoron
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Memphis TN

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Thoron » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:42 am

Moco wrote:BLNT - best suicide bomber

RonColeman - best melee sent

imo


Was Ron HG GH?
~Retribution~

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2197
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Moco » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Thoron wrote:
Moco wrote:BLNT - best suicide bomber

RonColeman - best melee sent

imo


Was Ron HG GH?
indeed he was
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:10 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Telemakus » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Telemakus, Centaur Hammer and Shield melee/debuff sentinel on lore server in a centaur cohort ;)

Tried the Great Hammer route first, but without the block and magic resists from the shield, it just wasn't survivable enough for what it did. Hard to untrain parry and train up block, switch to hammer and shield. No AoE nukes trained. It's job was to reveal/drainmana/snare, debuff, hit hard, and run around kiting when targeted.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Thoron
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Memphis TN

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Thoron » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:14 pm

Telemakus wrote:Telemakus, Centaur Hammer and Shield melee/debuff sentinel on lore server in a centaur cohort ;)

Tried the Great Hammer route first, but without the block and magic resists from the shield, it just wasn't survivable enough for what it did. Hard to untrain parry and train up block, switch to hammer and shield. No AoE nukes trained. It's job was to reveal/drainmana/snare, debuff, hit hard, and run around kiting when targeted.
That is cool and different, I just made a boring defsent that aoed for 1200dmg :P
~Retribution~

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:10 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Telemakus » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:29 pm

Funny part was, as you can ask any in Kenaryn's Cohort, it was such a common target being the NL and a sentinel that most of the time in any given fight I was stuck kiting for my dear life.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2197
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Moco » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Telemakus wrote:Funny part was, as you can ask any in Kenaryn's Cohort, it was such a common target being the NL and a sentinel that most of the time in any given fight I was stuck kiting for my dear life.
or ask your enemies :lol: He was a great RUNNER!
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:02 am

LOl. I was quite the sprinter on HG Sent as well. The snare was underrated as far as I'm concerned. I had HG shield/resistlar. Was all con build. I would literally kite bane forces, no really, entire bane forces, It was usually CN but still, that was fun stuff.
Hatrakk lives!

Cools
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Location: CREAM Headquarters

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Cools » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:13 pm

hatrakkk wrote:LOl. I was quite the sprinter on HG Sent as well. The snare was underrated as far as I'm concerned. I had HG shield/resistlar. Was all con build. I would literally kite bane forces, no really, entire bane forces, It was usually CN but still, that was fun stuff.
Oh, I get it now.

You go into random profession boards and just retardedly start threads and proclaim your toons to be the best ever.

Yeah... you're pretty 1337. All con... I bet that was a super awesome toon.
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP!

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Cools wrote:
hatrakkk wrote:LOl. I was quite the sprinter on HG Sent as well. The snare was underrated as far as I'm concerned. I had HG shield/resistlar. Was all con build. I would literally kite bane forces, no really, entire bane forces, It was usually CN but still, that was fun stuff.
Oh, I get it now.

You go into random profession boards and just retardedly start threads and proclaim your toons to be the best ever.

Yeah... you're pretty 1337. All con... I bet that was a super awesome toon.
Why thank ya, it was indeed a "super awesome toon". 8-)
Hatrakk lives!

BeanCurd
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Seattle, Wa

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by BeanCurd » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:57 am

Kally wrote:Since when does running away from CN = good player?
Lol didnt know people did. :(
Image

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:51 pm

BeanCurd wrote:
Kally wrote:Since when does running away from CN = good player?
Lol didnt know people did. :(
Well, the guys from KoB would say it was a godsend if asked I'm sure. I kited several bane forces with him but the most memorable would have to be the last city KoB had standing. KoB was locked up inside their city as CN prepared to break through the 2nd set of walls. I ran right into the middle of 4 groups of CN and big bombed then hit AoE snare and ran around their wurks. KoB came out as the CN spread all over trying to get me cornered, lol. KoB kept their city an I damn near survived, it was fun as hell. I had alot of fun on that toon.
Hatrakk lives!

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Deathmarch » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:21 am

There aren't any threads for classes I like worth posting in, so this will have to do.

Cools
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Location: CREAM Headquarters

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Cools » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:52 am

hatrakkk wrote:
BeanCurd wrote:
Kally wrote:Since when does running away from CN = good player?
Lol didnt know people did. :(
Well, the guys from KoB would say it was a godsend if asked I'm sure. I kited several bane forces with him but the most memorable would have to be the last city KoB had standing. KoB was locked up inside their city as CN prepared to break through the 2nd set of walls. I ran right into the middle of 4 groups of CN and big bombed then hit AoE snare and ran around their wurks. KoB came out as the CN spread all over trying to get me cornered, lol. KoB kept their city an I damn near survived, it was fun as hell. I had alot of fun on that toon.
You realize aoes don't effect 40 people right?
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP!

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Cools wrote:You realize aoes don't effect 40 people right?
I dont think I mentioned hitting anyone at all. I said I ran in and big bombed in the middle of 4 groups, I never said I hit anyone at. The goal was to get them chasing me, the CN already had a strong dislike for my G.I. Joe toon. Had I intended to kill some I suppose I would have maybe hit the snare first, then the debuff, then the big bomb. That would have made kiting them around much more difficult though as they would have been able to target me as I debuffed and bombed but you wouldnt know anything about having a plan now would ya? Your hatorade is weak and your kung fu outdated, move along... ;)
Hatrakk lives!

Cools
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Location: CREAM Headquarters

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Cools » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:36 pm

hatrakkk wrote:
Cools wrote:You realize aoes don't effect 40 people right?
I dont think I mentioned hitting anyone at all. I said I ran in and big bombed in the middle of 4 groups, I never said I hit anyone at. The goal was to get them chasing me, the CN already had a strong dislike for my G.I. Joe toon. Had I intended to kill some I suppose I would have maybe hit the snare first, then the debuff, then the big bomb. That would have made kiting them around much more difficult though as they would have been able to target me as I debuffed and bombed but you wouldnt know anything about having a plan now would ya? Your hatorade is weak and your kung fu outdated, move along... ;)
So, this toon was "the best sent ever" because it was intended never to hit or kill anything, just to inspire people to run after you.

You, sir, have confused the shit out of me.
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP!

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Cools wrote:
hatrakkk wrote:
Cools wrote:You realize aoes don't effect 40 people right?
I dont think I mentioned hitting anyone at all. I said I ran in and big bombed in the middle of 4 groups, I never said I hit anyone at. The goal was to get them chasing me, the CN already had a strong dislike for my G.I. Joe toon. Had I intended to kill some I suppose I would have maybe hit the snare first, then the debuff, then the big bomb. That would have made kiting them around much more difficult though as they would have been able to target me as I debuffed and bombed but you wouldnt know anything about having a plan now would ya? Your hatorade is weak and your kung fu outdated, move along... ;)
So, this toon was "the best sent ever" because it was intended never to hit or kill anything, just to inspire people to run after you.

You, sir, have confused the s*** out of me.
Again, you see typed what you want to see. I havent typed a single thing you have posted as of yet. As such I would guess confusing you is alot like beating Timmy from South Park in a game of checkers, not exactly tough to do...
Hatrakk lives!

Cools
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Location: CREAM Headquarters

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Cools » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:45 am

hatrakkk wrote:
Cools wrote:
hatrakkk wrote:
I dont think I mentioned hitting anyone at all. I said I ran in and big bombed in the middle of 4 groups, I never said I hit anyone at. The goal was to get them chasing me, the CN already had a strong dislike for my G.I. Joe toon. Had I intended to kill some I suppose I would have maybe hit the snare first, then the debuff, then the big bomb. That would have made kiting them around much more difficult though as they would have been able to target me as I debuffed and bombed but you wouldnt know anything about having a plan now would ya? Your hatorade is weak and your kung fu outdated, move along... ;)
So, this toon was "the best sent ever" because it was intended never to hit or kill anything, just to inspire people to run after you.

You, sir, have confused the s*** out of me.
Again, you see typed what you want to see. I havent typed a single thing you have posted as of yet. As such I would guess confusing you is alot like beating Timmy from South Park in a game of checkers, not exactly tough to do...
Reading your posts and trying to interpret your actual point is not as easy as you would think. Even that dude who roleplays a mino that only says his name makes more valid and succinct points than you.
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP!

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Ajushi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:55 am

How does one go about kiting a bane force on a lone sent? Sounds like pure fantasy to me. A single root would put an immediate end to it.
Image
Now you must build the lies you have told.

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:12 pm

Cools wrote:
Reading your posts and trying to interpret your actual point is not as easy as you would think. Even that dude who roleplays a mino that only says his name makes more valid and succinct points than you.
Try reading a bit slower maybe, perhaps have it translated to your native language? A good toon can be used in a variety of situations if geared out for said situation...imo...
Hatrakk lives!

Cools
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Location: CREAM Headquarters

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Cools » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:29 pm

hatrakkk wrote:
Cools wrote:
Reading your posts and trying to interpret your actual point is not as easy as you would think. Even that dude who roleplays a mino that only says his name makes more valid and succinct points than you.
Try reading a bit slower maybe, perhaps have it translated to your native language? A good toon can be used in a variety of situations if geared out for said situation...imo...
Go to troll school.
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP!

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Ajushi wrote:How does one go about kiting a bane force on a lone sent? Sounds like pure fantasy to me. A single root would put an immediate end to it.
Thanks for asking. I will allow you to know of my genius only this once, from now on you will be obligated to tell any poster that denies my greatness that I am indeed "awesome"...=p

The key is a good game plan when "kiting" a "bane force". The first thing I look for are my "exit points". I than check those "exit points" for "chokes". I plan my "running around" from this information. I use the "chokes" I find to cast my AOE snare/drain while staying away from the actual "choke point", this is where I avoid roots as well. Line of sight would be the simplest way to explain how I dont get pwnd by roots, that and no discipline by my enemies. Does no good to root someone that has a DoT on them or to root, than almost immediately do damage to, thereby breaking the root of said player. My favorite areas of battle are the siege tent areas. In this space you can use actual sight and line of sight, not to mention doing damage and snaring/mana drain, without even being seen. This is all done for one of two reasons depending on what your bane force is doing damage with. If your using ranged damage as your bane forces main damage type you would simply be keeping the enemy from gaining enough ground to overtake your first line of troops. If your using a melee or up close type damage than you would be attemtping to get the enemy to split. Most groups will do one of two things once the kiting starts; 1. They will just continue running right toward your group and become split by some being able to break snare and leaving the others behind. 2. Break into 2 forces in an attempt to corner your force or cut it off.

As you see theres more to it than just aimlessly running around, which is what I am sure it looks like, lol. Gear is really important. I get my resists to 70-75 on each casting type. If the known damage type was holy I would stack well beyond the 75 limit so that even debuffed I would take very little damage. I would gold block and rarely even took melee damage. Always use a fessor bot btw, their group damage absorbers were priceless imo. I used a 24 con hood. This would be my basic bane set up an it was very effective. It got get the enemy frustrated and soon thereafter off their original game plan and destined for defeat.
Hatrakk lives!

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Cools wrote:
hatrakkk wrote:
Cools wrote:
Reading your posts and trying to interpret your actual point is not as easy as you would think. Even that dude who roleplays a mino that only says his name makes more valid and succinct points than you.
Try reading a bit slower maybe, perhaps have it translated to your native language? A good toon can be used in a variety of situations if geared out for said situation...imo...
Go to troll school.
I graduated from Troll School long, long ago. I remember walking uphill to school....and uphill back home....no shoes.....ten feet of snow...good times.
Hatrakk lives!

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Ajushi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:28 pm

You strike me as an even more delusional version of sabo, if that is even possible.
Image
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Cools
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Location: CREAM Headquarters

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Cools » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Ajushi wrote:You strike me as an even more delusional version of sabo, if that is even possible.
It is possible.
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP!

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Cools wrote:
Ajushi wrote:You strike me as an even more delusional version of sabo, if that is even possible.
It is possible.
Let's see...I explain exactly how this works yet you still see it as undoable, even though I've done it several times...scrubby much?
Hatrakk lives!

Beula
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Beula » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:15 pm

So how did you avoid the stuns? a Stun with 4 full groups chasing you would pretty much kill you even if they were melee you can't block while stunned. Not to mention that if they had anyone who could fly and root then your line of sight thing wouldnt matter too much since they would have line of sight over the wark. also your 10 seconds of snare immunity wouldn't save you but for 10 seconds. Even if you had them snared.

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2197
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Moco » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:48 pm

hatrakkk wrote:
Let's see...I explain exactly how this works yet you still see it as undoable, even though I've done it several times...scrubby much?
Kiting CN is not hard.. when I started mourning full time again. I would log on Vindi or Briallia before reset and kite groups of them with a Druid and bard at guards or HZ's. Nothing epic at all, kiting 4fg's of highly skilled nation/guild would be more entertaining or give something to brag about IMO
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Post Reply

Return to “Sentinel, Scourge of Chaos”