G.I. Joe

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Beula wrote:So how did you avoid the stuns? a Stun with 4 full groups chasing you would pretty much kill you even if they were melee you can't block while stunned. Not to mention that if they had anyone who could fly and root then your line of sight thing wouldnt matter too much since they would have line of sight over the wark. also your 10 seconds of snare immunity wouldn't save you but for 10 seconds. Even if you had them snared.
This set up was pretty much bane only so spires would be in use. Almost always no fly an no tele were 2 of the spires in use so I rarely had to worry about being targeted over top of bulwurks. Although if you work your way around the backside of a bulwurk you can get a no line of sight for even a flier. The simple answer is prestun by my priest who keeps it refreshed. If not available then you hope for the stun to hit after the enemy is spread. The right gear set up on a con based hg sent makes it fairly easy to survive a stun. A big part of this is the fact that my snare is AoE and the roots or stuns needed to inhibit my progress are single target, for most. Could basically cast the AoE drain while moving whereas stuns and roots you must come to complete stop because of the difference in casting time, for most. Don't forget my mention of fessor bot as well. The enemy would waste such chances as a stun the first time because the damage absorber would negate any damage that would have been inflicted, for most. And lets face it, Moco's right, CN were fairly easy to prod in the direction you wanted them to go. :lol:

Edit: I know I should know this for sure but...Didnt the HG Rage thing have stun immune on it as one of its goodies?
Hatrakk lives!

Cools
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Location: CREAM Headquarters

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Cools » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:53 pm

hatrakkk wrote:
Beula wrote:So how did you avoid the stuns? a Stun with 4 full groups chasing you would pretty much kill you even if they were melee you can't block while stunned. Not to mention that if they had anyone who could fly and root then your line of sight thing wouldnt matter too much since they would have line of sight over the wark. also your 10 seconds of snare immunity wouldn't save you but for 10 seconds. Even if you had them snared.
This set up was pretty much bane only so spires would be in use. Almost always no fly an no tele were 2 of the spires in use so I rarely had to worry about being targeted over top of bulwurks. Although if you work your way around the backside of a bulwurk you can get a no line of sight for even a flier. The simple answer is prestun by my priest who keeps it refreshed. If not available then you hope for the stun to hit after the enemy is spread. The right gear set up on a con based hg sent makes it fairly easy to survive a stun. A big part of this is the fact that my snare is AoE and the roots or stuns needed to inhibit my progress are single target, for most. Could basically cast the AoE drain while moving whereas stuns and roots you must come to complete stop because of the difference in casting time, for most. Don't forget my mention of fessor bot as well. The enemy would waste such chances as a stun the first time because the damage absorber would negate any damage that would have been inflicted, for most. And lets face it, Moco's right, CN were fairly easy to prod in the direction you wanted them to go. :lol:

Edit: I know I should know this for sure but...Didnt the HG Rage thing have stun immune on it as one of its goodies?

Ok... I remember you now. I had to devote a good afternoon to schooling you and Cryfowl about some shit like proc chance or the benefits of PoR Horwathi bows as opposed to glass. Yeah, now I'm sure I don't need to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Welcome back!
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP!

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:34 am

Cools wrote:Ok... I remember you now. I had to devote a good afternoon to schooling you and Cryfowl about some s*** like proc chance or the benefits of PoR Horwathi bows as opposed to glass. Yeah, now I'm sure I don't need to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Welcome back!
You definitely have no idea what you speak of. That wouldnt be an arguement I would be involved in on the side of glass. I used PoO Saphire bows on my vamp scouts except for certain situations. I am not really sure where your jealousy arises from but its nice to see and well received! :P

Yeah yeah...I know some of you will talk of limiting my range by not using Howarthi on a scout....In certain bane situations I would use Howarthi bow for added range but playing a Vamp you need to be in drain range so the added range from Howarthi isnt worth losing the bonuses from the Saphire bow....imo..
Hatrakk lives!

Thorskyl
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Thorskyl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:27 pm

hatrakkk wrote:
Ajushi wrote:How does one go about kiting a bane force on a lone sent? Sounds like pure fantasy to me. A single root would put an immediate end to it.
Thanks for asking. I will allow you to know of my genius only this once, from now on you will be obligated to tell any poster that denies my greatness that I am indeed "awesome"...=p

The key is a good game plan when "kiting" a "bane force". The first thing I look for are my "exit points". I than check those "exit points" for "chokes". I plan my "running around" from this information. I use the "chokes" I find to cast my AOE snare/drain while staying away from the actual "choke point", this is where I avoid roots as well. Line of sight would be the simplest way to explain how I dont get pwnd by roots, that and no discipline by my enemies. Does no good to root someone that has a DoT on them or to root, than almost immediately do damage to, thereby breaking the root of said player. My favorite areas of battle are the siege tent areas. In this space you can use actual sight and line of sight, not to mention doing damage and snaring/mana drain, without even being seen. This is all done for one of two reasons depending on what your bane force is doing damage with. If your using ranged damage as your bane forces main damage type you would simply be keeping the enemy from gaining enough ground to overtake your first line of troops. If your using a melee or up close type damage than you would be attemtping to get the enemy to split. Most groups will do one of two things once the kiting starts; 1. They will just continue running right toward your group and become split by some being able to break snare and leaving the others behind. 2. Break into 2 forces in an attempt to corner your force or cut it off.

As you see theres more to it than just aimlessly running around, which is what I am sure it looks like, lol. Gear is really important. I get my resists to 70-75 on each casting type. If the known damage type was holy I would stack well beyond the 75 limit so that even debuffed I would take very little damage. I would gold block and rarely even took melee damage. Always use a fessor bot btw, their group damage absorbers were priceless imo. I used a 24 con hood. This would be my basic bane set up an it was very effective. It got get the enemy frustrated and soon thereafter off their original game plan and destined for defeat.
In short: you took a peak at a "bane force", casted one spell, ran away and that's it.

Grats
Image

Unknewn: "QFT reported dozens of sotds doing illegal actions such as childish racism, all those accounts permabanned"

Xemise: "I've said this since day 1, Thorskyl is the biggest douche bag I have ever met in this game."

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Well, I see Thorskyl has no reading comprehension abilities either. I'm surprised gimps with little to no knowledge of the game would even bother to post. Trying to troll, obviously, but not adept at pulling it off. Try using humor or maybe some witty puns (those with no wit could maybe copy off of internet?) to entertain us a bit more. Another words if you have nothing constructive to add at least be entertaining..
Hatrakk lives!

Cools
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Location: CREAM Headquarters

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Cools » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:24 pm

hatrakkk wrote:Well, I see Thorskyl has no reading comprehension abilities either. I'm surprised gimps with little to no knowledge of the game would even bother to post. Trying to troll, obviously, but not adept at pulling it off. Try using humor or maybe some witty puns (those with no wit could maybe copy off of internet?) to entertain us a bit more. Another words if you have nothing constructive to add at least be entertaining..
People in the asylum also think all of their caretakers are crazy and that they, themselves, are the only sane ones.

Back on topic: Post your build, SS or it didn't happen, kill list, youtube video etc etc etc. Coming here and just saying your all con kiter sent was the best ever is egregious and defamatory!

... I added that last part because I saw Al Sharpton on tv a few minutes ago.
Cools' Real Estate And Mercantile
REPEAL THE GOLD CAP!

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Cools wrote:
People in the asylum also think all of their caretakers are crazy and that they, themselves, are the only sane ones.

Back on topic: Post your build, SS or it didn't happen, kill list, youtube video etc etc etc. Coming here and just saying your all con kiter sent was the best ever is egregious and defamatory!

... I added that last part because I saw Al Sharpton on tv a few minutes ago.
I am truly impressed Cools. You not only took my advice but went above and beyond to come up with your own idea of using tv as well...well done good sir! :P
Hatrakk lives!

Beula
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Beula » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:24 pm

hatrakkk wrote:Well, I see Thorskyl has no reading comprehension abilities either. I'm surprised gimps with little to no knowledge of the game would even bother to post. Trying to troll, obviously, but not adept at pulling it off. Try using humor or maybe some witty puns (those with no wit could maybe copy off of internet?) to entertain us a bit more. Another words if you have nothing constructive to add at least be entertaining..
I must of missed your witty puns my good sir.

See what I did there, I called you a gimp and was witty about it. Pretty clever huh?

Seriously though you've not posted a single useful thing, to my knowledge, on these forums. You explained you used LoS which everyone and their mother knows about. You've not posted any build at all, more than likely in an attempt to avoid humiliation with a generic build that even my Guinnea Pig could design (just got him yesterday anyone have a name I can use for him?). Please contribute something so that we may bask in your more than likely failure, or learn from your doubtful skill and template designs.

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:15 pm

Beula wrote:I must of missed your witty puns my good sir.

See what I did there, I called you a gimp and was witty about it. Pretty clever huh?

Seriously though you've not posted a single useful thing, to my knowledge, on these forums. You explained you used LoS which everyone and their mother knows about. You've not posted any build at all, more than likely in an attempt to avoid humiliation with a generic build that even my Guinnea Pig could design (just got him yesterday anyone have a name I can use for him?). Please contribute something so that we may bask in your more than likely failure, or learn from your doubtful skill and template designs.
Not really. You had to explain your less than valiant effort. So its not even a good attempt really, more of a waste of interweb space.

Seriously though, I've posted several useful items that I'd be willing to bet you had never even thought of. I would bet my best dog that you never even considered attempting such a feat of skill and bravery. I will not post any templates of mine, never have, never will. You are more than welcome to gather your template information from those that differ in opinion from me, in fact I hope you do... :lol:
Hatrakk lives!

Beula
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Beula » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm

I felt that you would lack the ability to understand it without an explanation therefore I provided one.

I've not seen a useful item yet, only "I'm better than you." If you call running around in circles a feat of bravery far be it for me to tell you other wise, but we all know that cowards run. Perhaps a recap of your useful items is in order.
The ones I caught:
Divide your enemy
Keep barriers between yourself and your opponent when fleeing
You use an inferior bow on a scout for no reason*
You promote using numerous bots (failure in itself)

*Use the Howarthi bow, yeah yeah yeah gotta be in spell range to drain. Chances are most things you fight will also have to be in spell range to hit you. The Howarthi bow allows you that extra shot before they get into range. By the time you go to drain they will be in spell range but you'll of had an extra shot or 2.

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:17 am

Beula wrote:I felt that you would lack the ability to understand it without an explanation therefore I provided one.

I've not seen a useful item yet, only "I'm better than you." If you call running around in circles a feat of bravery far be it for me to tell you other wise, but we all know that cowards run. Perhaps a recap of your useful items is in order.
The ones I caught:
Divide your enemy
Keep barriers between yourself and your opponent when fleeing
You use an inferior bow on a scout for no reason*
You promote using numerous bots (failure in itself)

*Use the Howarthi bow, yeah yeah yeah gotta be in spell range to drain. Chances are most things you fight will also have to be in spell range to hit you. The Howarthi bow allows you that extra shot before they get into range. By the time you go to drain they will be in spell range but you'll of had an extra shot or 2.
First of all noone, an I mean noone, would have gotten out of your post what you say it meant, noone. Secondly, if thats what you got out of my posts I think your parents should ask for a refund from whatever county school you attended. Thirdly, my scouts were rarely ever beaten in my time playing SB, I played since the game came out. If you, in your obviously uneducated state, thinks another way is better, I'd say I'm doing exactly right as is.

Just because I am tired of scrubs such as yourself spouting off...
Your not getting an extra shot or two because of Howarthi Bow. You may get the jump on beginning the first shot but thats about it and the bonuses from having a Saphire bow (speed, damage, proc chance, proc damage, it matches the vorgrim armor, etc...) more than outweigh this. To get this "advantage", an I shudder to call it such, you will need to slowly and continually attempt shots until you get to that very furthest point that the bow will begin its shot. Yeah, good luck with that against any scout worth a shit. I guess the people you fought just stood in one spot so you could have that extra 2 steps of bow range. Not to mention you must have had the added bonus of always fighting 1 vs 1 or with the numbers tipped in your sides favor.

Bots are a failure? LMAO! You sir would have had zero, an I mean zero, chance of ever competing with any veteran SB fighting force, zero.
Hatrakk lives!

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Ajushi » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:56 am

Zero chance of competing without bots?

More skill, less being fucking trash is in order methinks. Played without anything except conc buffs for the longest time and had absolutely no problem competing with anyone, efamous or not.
Image
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Thorskyl
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Thorskyl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Yea but did you kite an ENTIRE CN BANE FORCE WHILE WEARING A 24 CON HOOD??? I don't think so!
Image

Unknewn: "QFT reported dozens of sotds doing illegal actions such as childish racism, all those accounts permabanned"

Xemise: "I've said this since day 1, Thorskyl is the biggest douche bag I have ever met in this game."

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Ajushi wrote:Zero chance of competing without bots?

More skill, less being f*** trash is in order methinks. Played without anything except conc buffs for the longest time and had absolutely no problem competing with anyone, efamous or not.
Than you did not fight alongside a top tier pvp nation. Good nations have bots readily available come bane time and buffs are constantly refreshed. I truly hope you scrubs are taking some notes here....
Hatrakk lives!

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Thorskyl wrote:Yea but did you kite an ENTIRE CN BANE FORCE WHILE WEARING A 24 CON HOOD??? I don't think so!
Exactly! I know you've attempted a troll there but its actually the first thing you've said that is correct. If your going to attempt such feats as this you need to make use of any advantage you can.
Hatrakk lives!

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Ajushi » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Societas Daemonica must rank higher tier than whatever your test guild was called. I mean we played on real servers.
Image
Now you must build the lies you have told.

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Ajushi wrote:Societas Daemonica must rank higher tier than whatever your test guild was called. I mean we played on real servers.
I have had this arguement a million times now. Test was very competitive. Xp and gold were so easy to get, toons so easy to build, people had one of everything to tweak and reroll over an over. We could tweak builds to their max on test because everything you needed was so easy to get. Live server guilds came and went constantly so I have fought many of the same people as you, just under different names. I have fought with alot of very well known nations that curbstomped everything in their path an it was normally outnumbered. I have had allies from Live come and help me stomp other live nations as well. The main difference on test is size of the forces, the numbers were far smaller on test, 4 groups would be a large force on test. So large scale warfare was a weak point imo only because there basically was none on test. I however fought with EB, TW, KGB, HoE, HoTF.... :P
Hatrakk lives!

Thorskyl
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Thorskyl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:46 pm

hatrakkk wrote:Test was very competitive.
Image
Image

Unknewn: "QFT reported dozens of sotds doing illegal actions such as childish racism, all those accounts permabanned"

Xemise: "I've said this since day 1, Thorskyl is the biggest douche bag I have ever met in this game."

Beula
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Beula » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Ok, you win. Not because I am defeated, but because I am done debating with a delusional imbecile.

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Thorskyl wrote:
hatrakkk wrote:Test was very competitive.
Image
Putting a pic of your boyfriend up changes nothing. Its pretty obvious by your responses in this thread you are a scrub at best...good day madam..i said good day!
Hatrakk lives!

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Beula wrote:Ok, you win. Not because I am defeated, but because I am done debating with a delusional imbecile.
Your welcome for the schoolins :P
Hatrakk lives!

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Deathmarch » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Hatrakk? I've heard of that guy.

Thorskyl
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Thorskyl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:47 pm

He once killed 1 CN player and convinced himself he kited a whole baneforce, that's probably what you know him from.

Oh yea: this was on a TEST server, very srs business.
Image

Unknewn: "QFT reported dozens of sotds doing illegal actions such as childish racism, all those accounts permabanned"

Xemise: "I've said this since day 1, Thorskyl is the biggest douche bag I have ever met in this game."

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2197
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: New York City & Phoenix, AZ

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Moco » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Thorskyl wrote:He once killed 1 CN player and convinced himself he kited a whole baneforce, that's probably what you know him from.

Oh yea: this was on a TEST server, very srs business.
test was where all the toptierplayers pvped/played amiright hatrakkk?
Image
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Deathmarch » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Nothing I've ever heard has been...good...

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:15 am

Moco wrote:
Thorskyl wrote:He once killed 1 CN player and convinced himself he kited a whole baneforce, that's probably what you know him from.

Oh yea: this was on a TEST server, very srs business.
test was where all the toptierplayers pvped/played amiright hatrakkk?
Most of them yes. Alot of the top tier players came from time to time on test. Not like it was constant top tier pvp but I did get to see the some of the best each server had to offer whereas those that played on one live server saw only those from that server. Most live server nations did not jump from server to server but they would come to test now an again to test builds.

Thorskyl-
If that were tru I'd guess that to be one more CN than you have ever killed, judging by your responses in this thread. You know very little about game mechanics an even less about orchestrating a game plan and seeing it followed through with. I did this several times little buddy, so you can imagine the amusement I am garnering from this little debate we have going here. :P

Deathmarch-
I had alot of people in this game that disliked me. I spoke my mind and roleplayed a bit of an asshole to be honest. I did however lead some of the most unique bane defenses against 3 and sometimes 4 -1 odds and we were succesful 27 times. If you dont believe me ask Marcus. Most were against CN, but they were a few against other NA nations. Some against NA and CN at same time as well. Ive been known as Phylo, Edddie, Bugyman, Hatrakk, Kronyk, LilJon...

Edit: Guess I should be more specific on the "27 times". That was during one run on test with KoB (Knights of Brittania) and that was just the capital city.
Hatrakk lives!

Nail
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:37 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Nail » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 am

test was not good. ANyone who was on test and moved to a solid server did not survive. sorry
Image
Nail - Level 75 Elf Wizard
Nailed - Level 75 Elf Priest
Naild - Level 75 Elf Warrior
Xokyen - Level 72 HG Barbarian

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Nail wrote:test was not good. ANyone who was on test and moved to a solid server did not survive. sorry
live was not good. Anyone who was on live and moved to the solid test server did not survive. sorry.
Hatrakk lives!

Hunt
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by Hunt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:30 pm

would post my ss of us taking out your town but wouldn't want to ruin the fun!
Image

hatrakkk
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Re: G.I. Joe

Post by hatrakkk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Hunt wrote:would post my ss of us taking out your town but wouldn't want to ruin the fun!
I would welcome the posting of this ss. Hopefully you have track up and maybe some of the CT/CN dialogue trying to get it done with only a 12-2 advantage. :lol:
Hatrakk lives!

Post Reply

Return to “Sentinel, Scourge of Chaos”