Care to Lend a Hand With My BW Sent?

Pinothyj
Snobo
Snobo

Care to Lend a Hand With My BW Sent?

Post by Pinothyj » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:43 am

Back in the day I was given a really awesome blade-weaving sentinel template from my guild leader on Test and it ended up being a really effective and enjoyable class to play. The only problem I run into now is I have completely forgotten the particulars from the toon in question and would like to ask for your assistance.

The only other sentinels I have played before the elven one were half-giants which played much differently.

Any hints and suggestion will be most welcome, and do not forget Pyetrek's Character Creator to make it easier to bounce ideas around (adding and removing stat runes during character creation is bugged so be warned)…

Beula
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Re: Care to Lend a Hand With My BW Sent?

Post by Beula » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:57 am

Are you wanting a defensive sentinel? Completely changes any answer.
If Offensive just stack con take HA to 100% and do what you will with your skills depending on if you want a proccer, nuker, or meleer
if defensive it can get tricky, I'll assume you don't mean defensive since your BW so won't have a shield but heck I made a defensive chucking sentinel so it's doable.

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:39 pm

160 dex, 140 int, rest into con. 100 trains in HA, sword, BW, and Abjuration. GM HWOB, RWOB, Dangiriel's, and Sentinel's Charge. 1 point in DWOB. JM Nyth Rune. If you have enough leftover points you might consider the int and atr/def debuff chants, otherwise just stick any leftovers into Parry.

Gear is 9def elf plate (I think the dex penalty bonus outweighs the abj) with PoT 110% tlans (maybe go with glass if they're good). jewels are dex/int.

This is a real man's build. A pussy might invest in con, but I'm assuming you're not a pussy. So there you go.

TheWhopper
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by TheWhopper » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Deathmarch wrote:160 dex, 140 int, rest into con. 100 trains in HA, sword, BW, and Abjuration. GM HWOB, RWOB, Dangiriel's, and Sentinel's Charge. 1 point in DWOB. JM Nyth Rune. If you have enough leftover points you might consider the int and atr/def debuff chants, otherwise just stick any leftovers into Parry.

Gear is 9def elf plate (I think the dex penalty bonus outweighs the abj) with PoT 110% tlans (maybe go with glass if they're good). jewels are dex/int.

This is a real man's build. A [fluffy bunnies] might invest in con, but I'm assuming you're not a [fluffy bunnies]. So there you go.
glass cannon.. if you dont use any weapon powers u might proc before your out of stam.

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:36 pm

TheWhopper wrote:
Deathmarch wrote:160 dex, 140 int, rest into con. 100 trains in HA, sword, BW, and Abjuration. GM HWOB, RWOB, Dangiriel's, and Sentinel's Charge. 1 point in DWOB. JM Nyth Rune. If you have enough leftover points you might consider the int and atr/def debuff chants, otherwise just stick any leftovers into Parry.

This is a real man's build. A [fluffy bunnies] might invest in con, but I'm assuming you're not a [fluffy bunnies]. So there you go.
glass cannon.. if you dont use any weapon powers u might proc before your out of stam.
Yup, that's the point.

Pollarixie
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Pollarixie » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:16 pm

You're all doing it wrong.

TheWhopper
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by TheWhopper » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:27 pm

Pollarixie wrote:You're all doing it wrong.

ambi hammer hg proccer?

Pollarixie
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Pollarixie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:00 am

Bw is right, just for the free dw. Only hint ill give.

Hedge
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Hedge » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:19 am

Never made a sent b4 =*(

Scion of the Gwaridorn
Warlord's Page
Healthy as an Ox
Constitution of the Gods
Intelligence of the Gods
Blade Weaver
Commander
Undead Hunter
Rune Caster

140 Con
160 Int

Hammer 90
Parry 82
Abjuration 90
Wear Armor, Heavy 58
Great Hammer Mastery 28 (Can use class 1h hammers with these powers?)

Righteous Word of Binding 40
Holy Word of Binding 40
Sentinel's Charge 40
Exalted Word of Binding 40
Dangiriel's Might 40
Consecrate Weapon 20
Nyth Rune 20
"I don't really do that much besides smoke because that's what happens once you win at all aspects of life effortlessly." - Hedge
Your signature contains 420 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 69.

finklxj
Snobo
Snobo

Post by finklxj » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:59 am

More than 300 agility comparison

TheWhopper
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by TheWhopper » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:31 am

think id rather go hg

Pollarixie
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Pollarixie » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Elf ftw.

TheWhopper
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by TheWhopper » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Pollarixie wrote:Elf ftw.
my melee dwarf used to run oos pretty fast..elf=screenshot.. hg=pvp viable

Pollarixie
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Pollarixie » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Lol. Common misconception. Elves are pvp viable.

TheWhopper
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by TheWhopper » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 am

im not saying they arent.. i used to run an elf high def sent but you have to play to your strengths and an elf with lower con+ no athletics will not be able to swing dual hammers for long.

Pollarixie
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Pollarixie » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:51 pm

I never had stamina problems. But I also rebuilt like 30 times till the build was perfect.

TheWhopper
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by TheWhopper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:12 am

well next time a servers up, your elf vs my hg?

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 pm

i was pretty much THE first dude ever to make a nukeing sentinal, though he was named Farmsalot and was designed to farm withought using glitches. I learned i could take out entire player groups with him. Everyone died on my team(not from his big bomb)....he lived, and before i died i would use the big bomb to take out as many as i could before i went. Then he was mass mocked on the server and used in banes and shiz. He was hammer/sheild though and all intel. If you want a BW specifically 140int 140dex rest con is a good idea. take 10 points of each and put into con if you need more hp. give him 100mana int/dex or int/int gear with mana regen and some stam regen. Consider though using hammers as u can save on points. The hammers power blocks are very usefull, though if you use hammers youll have to use str and strenght based armour sooo...n/m use bw swords. Elfborn is good so that you can counter snares and use elven armour wich is dex based giving u higher def. if you go str based with hammers use human and str based armour. Max the hell out of amour, parry and your abjuration. If you have a shield max that and try to get parry to at least 80(this way ull pwn melee. sents suck against casters though). Get a nyth rune? i think its called. the one that gives u the 20 point heal. You should hit yourself and others for about 350-500. Also get the undead rune wich gives u the o so important proc if your duel weilding and going more melee and dex. i still used proc with a single hammer and sheild. Pardon my lack of termonology i want to do the test servers but i havent played since the game went down....=(.

PS. i never had stam problems because of the mana stam regen steal, and i never rerolled or modded him. my shield hammer all int build was always the win/win. Though duel bw swords was better for 1v1.

Bodlede
Snobo
Snobo

Care to Lend a Hand With My BW Sent

Post by Bodlede » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:20 am

When you have a better idea of time feel free to pm me and I might be able to give you a hand, only took me 2hours with a few tea breaks to trial fit mine and get it back to standard.

Return to “Sentinel, Scourge of Chaos”