Born of the Gwendannon
Warlords page
Bruiser
Raised by Dwarves
Healthy as an Ox

In game runes
+40 con
+20 str
(these can vary. Go with 35 con, 25 str if you want. Con returns are actually pretty good on sentinels, but being human you don't have toughness to take full advantage of that)

Disciplines:
Huntsmen
Blademaster
Runecaster
(your choice for 4th)

Trains:
Abjuration 90
Parry 90
Hammer 89
GH 35
Hammer Mastery 35

Dangiriel's might GM
Pious word of binding GM
Exalted Word of Binding GM
Sentinel's Charge GM
Archonic Word of Binding GM

Reposte 20
Find Weakness 20
Feint 20

Ending stats
115 str
170 con
60 int

base spi and base dex.

Stats self buffed/conhood/conjewels/conced/leg of alac sentinel GH

5319 hp
605 stam
137-412 dmg on hammer
1253 atr on hammer

Additional comments:

This is a fun candy toon. You have utilities to hit a lot of high def chars, but its not an easy thing to keep going. The chants have to be recasted, and that means you have to start running them and move slightly in order to get back to doing melee dmg immediately. Otherwise, you'll be sitting there casting the chant and not doing a thing for a few seconds. This could be a bug, but thats how it is right now.

Feint is also a temporary buff that has to be kept running. Basically, this is something you have to get good at playing.

Timing your stuns and PBs is key (you have 3 of each, but the mastery ones are the only ones you will need). If you do it right, there should ever only be a 4 second window with which your enemy has to do stuff. This gets put off by enemies with their own pbs, and against HGs it's generally hopeless unless they blew their rage already or aren't smart enough to use it.

Against a squishy, you'll generally hit for 1k after double expose. If they have their 75% damage absorber up, you'll hit in the 500s until it drops.

In GvG, you're a powerblocker. But i wouldn't necessarily recommend playing this in GvG unless theres no spec and you just want to have some fun. Just powerblock, aoe debuff, and have fun i guess.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Re: Human GH melee sentinel

Post by Telemakus » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm

You know, I think it's 40 con 15 str or 35 con 20 str. I'll have to check. I may have applied 40 20 and not filled the 20.

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:07 pm

psh, 100 HA. forgot to put that in.

ymazaki
Snobo
Snobo

Post by ymazaki » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:19 am

:D 40t

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Shouldve went HG
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Moco wrote:Shouldve went HG
HG = more viable build
Human = stylebane

gitano
Snobo
Snobo

Post by gitano » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:35 pm

I like the sentinel to defend human

Equastro
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Equastro » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:32 pm

I like how you built this toon around being able to hit high def characters with feint and the debuffs and all.
However, feint should only be used as a last resort of course, since it lowers damage output quite a bit with the attack speed debuff.

You also listed RC but didnt train any powers of it, well, none are listed at least.
I suppose you would train the STR buff to JM. Litany of Hedrusiel is a trains-ripoff, and the stam regen component is laughable.

Furthermore if I were short on trains, I'd give hammer 90 and parry 89 instead. You're relatively tanky enough as is, unless you really want to focus on melee duels.

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:03 am

don't bother taking weapon skill runes on an offensive build unless you're also going to take precise. Raised by Dwarves and Bruiser combine for 40 atr, Precise gives you over 60.

And honestly if you're doing an offensive build going dual hammer would be way more efficient anyways, you'll get access to all the GHM powers anyways because you'll be using sentinel hammers, you get way higher atr (probs around 1600 or 1700 in offensive stance), and it looks way more badass. You'll also be able to make better use of class armor.

EDIT: the stat spread for a good dual hammer build would be 110 str, 160 con, 63 int. You don't take any runes for atr but you get twice as much atr just for having 2 +atr prefixes anyways so who cares. And if you want to be a real man and go str-based or more balanced you can probably get even more efficient stat spreads.

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Telemakus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Deathmarch wrote:don't bother taking weapon skill runes on an offensive build unless you're also going to take precise. Raised by Dwarves and Bruiser combine for 40 atr, Precise gives you over 60.

And honestly if you're doing an offensive build going dual hammer would be way more efficient anyways, you'll get access to all the GHM powers anyways because you'll be using sentinel hammers, you get way higher atr (probs around 1600 or 1700 in offensive stance), and it looks way more badass. You'll also be able to make better use of class armor.

EDIT: the stat spread for a good dual hammer build would be 110 str, 160 con, 63 int. You don't take any runes for atr but you get twice as much atr just for having 2 +atr prefixes anyways so who cares. And if you want to be a real man and go str-based or more balanced you can probably get even more efficient stat spreads.
But then it wouldn't be a GH melee sentinel, it would be a DW melee sentinel.

Thoron
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Thoron » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Telemakus wrote:
Deathmarch wrote:don't bother taking weapon skill runes on an offensive build unless you're also going to take precise. Raised by Dwarves and Bruiser combine for 40 atr, Precise gives you over 60.

But then it wouldn't be a GH melee sentinel, it would be a DW melee sentinel.
I gotta agree with you there..
~Retribution~

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:00 am

Anyways I guess they put in an Abj hammer so it should be fine.

Return to “Sentinel, Scourge of Chaos”