I don't know what weapon to use
they have low dex so dex wepaons suck
And they have low weapon powers on strength weapons

8Shade
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Re: Neph scout

Post by 8Shade » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:18 am

A lot has changed. In RiF, they have dex bonus in non-wing form, in wing form they have regen buffed. They can have very good int and con, so it's really easy. Proccer. The only downside is you need a buffbot for the second proc, because they cannot take UH and sadly not even runecaster. That's probably why you don't see them very often.

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Neph scout

Post by zenjah » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:57 am

It is hard to build them to be effective.

For actual scouting, you'd be best off with a bow for the GM weapon powers. But dex on a neph is a problem, even with the human-form dex buff. You could build it to use dex and bow, but it will be pretty inferior to any other scout. I could see doing this out of necessity for a chaos lore guild.

Proccing with throwing daggers is probably the most viable way to build it. Stay in neph form and use the health regen.

You could also build it to use a pair of swords. It would do decent damage, but it would have problems against def builds because it has no def cut. And you have to run up to people to pop them from stealth because you can't just shoot them at range.

Finally, you could be wacky. Take Proficient with Axes at creation. Raise dagger high enough to unlock Throwing. Use throwing axes for decent damage and some form of range.

I would recommend hone/proc bots for any of these builds as a crutch to make them more likely to work.
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

Return to “Scout, Master Pathfinder”