(inexperienced) bird scouts?

Suma
Snobo
Snobo

(inexperienced) bird scouts?

Post by Suma » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:34 am

I'm not very experienced, so I apologize if this is common knowledge.

Are there any significant advantages to rolling up a bird scout? For group play/specs, I mean.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: (inexperienced) bird scouts?

Post by tooshifty » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:33 am

-flying
-fastest scouts because of flying
-skydancer rune is op as Skah! with dmg buff and stam buff.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Skyslayer630
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Skyslayer630 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:38 am

I built a recon bird scout with fleet of foot and 110% running. He was so frickin fast its crazy. I flew from SDR to trav trainer in like 3 minutes. I could rotate between recon and sprint and the other run buff to always have some sort of movement buff. And it only used like half his stam. I think you could fly from SDR to Dalgoth in like 6 minutes. With 4 or 5 of these in a group, all super fast and untrackable, you could roll farming groups easily and make big $$ before they can evac.

Suma
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Suma » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:43 am

Thanks. I was doing some reading in prep for the next phase and I saw something about Belgosch+scout having summons. Sounded really really strong to me so I was worried I might be forced to roll a diff race. I really like playing birds :P

Skyslayer630
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Skyslayer630 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:52 am

As mobile as bird scouts are, yes belgosch scouts are more powerful. You can still do effective recon. And once you find a good target, you can withdraw outside their vision range, cast summon, and then the character you summon will teleport in right when you are in position to gank. When you summon something like a max height fury, there is almost no chance of evac or survival.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:51 am

skydancer con buff
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Oath11
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Oath11 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this and I was looking at the other posts and such but I couldn't really find a cookie cutter Scout Template that I could use just to learn how everything works. Would anyone be able to help me out?

I don't know if the old posts from 5-6+ years back are still relevant or not.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:16 am

Oath11 wrote:Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this and I was looking at the other posts and such but I couldn't really find a cookie cutter Scout Template that I could use just to learn how everything works. Would anyone be able to help me out?

I don't know if the old posts from 5-6+ years back are still relevant or not.
Scouts are reletively the same as live. They have an untrackable power now and stealth modifications(like all rogues). Other than that they are the same beans im pretty sure.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:18 am

P.s. u can pot and sprint in wereforms now. That made wererat scouts better. Also the runecaster heal takes more mana....and undead hunter is a Skah! to get.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Oath11
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Oath11 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:20 am

What about the belgosh scouts that were mentioned? Would a bird or a vamp be easier to learn would you say?

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:11 pm

Oath11 wrote:What about the belgosh scouts that were mentioned? Would a bird or a vamp be easier to learn would you say?
they differ in playstyle drastically. That said if you are comfortable with vamps they make great recon /summon / group support scouts that you can still solo with. Bird is probably going to be easier though depending on your game experience.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Oath11
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Oath11 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:00 pm

So would you say that Belgosh is better for bigger groups and birds for smaller/solo play?

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Sek » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Oath11 wrote:So would you say that Belgosh is better for bigger groups and birds for smaller/solo play?
Yes, yes I would.
Take note, Vamp Strigoi scouts are still a fairly good choice for solo PvP.
TSCCC IC

Oath11
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Oath11 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:45 pm

Are you talking at higher levels or at most stages for the Strigoi vs. Bird? I would think that bird would be better for that until later on?

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Sek » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:28 pm

Oath11 wrote:Are you talking at higher levels or at most stages for the Strigoi vs. Bird? I would think that bird would be better for that until later on?
There are no "higher" and "lower" levels in SB. There are toons that are PvP ready, and there are ones that are not.

If the XP gains at higher levels weren`t so nerfed as they are here, I`d even say that there is ONLY lvl 75, and not PvP ready.
As it is, I generally finish my toons once they hit R6.

A bit more OT: Strigoi scouts are a solid choice, and can hold their own against a bird scouts. There are some extra factors in the equation though, skill of the players being the primary one (really, this is one of the rare cases in SB where a build cannot make a decisive difference, and skill really makes a difference).

Overall, for a newbie player, I`d reccomend a bird. Tis IDIOTPROOF.
TSCCC IC

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Sek wrote:
Oath11 wrote:Are you talking at higher levels or at most stages for the Strigoi vs. Bird? I would think that bird would be better for that until later on?
There are no "higher" and "lower" levels in SB. There are toons that are PvP ready, and there are ones that are not.

If the XP gains at higher levels weren`t so nerfed as they are here, I`d even say that there is ONLY lvl 75, and not PvP ready.
As it is, I generally finish my toons once they hit R6.

A bit more OT: Strigoi scouts are a solid choice, and can hold their own against a bird scouts. There are some extra factors in the equation though, skill of the players being the primary one (really, this is one of the rare cases in SB where a build cannot make a decisive difference, and skill really makes a difference).

Overall, for a newbie player, I`d reccomend a bird. Tis IDIOTPROOF.
All good advise.

It is completely possible to have your toon PvP ready now by 65- 68. Your last disc is going to be non essential on a bowscout regardless and thus can wait. I don't have the patience to PvE all the way to 75 either.

The bird is all around more noob friendly and survivable. With extra con /stam / damage from skydancer as well as two separate self heals available (Glad, RC) you are going to have a much easier time learning the class on a bird as opposed to jumping in right off on a vamp. I would highly recommend a noob to begin with the bird if you have your heart set on a scout.

Be aware that all the recent changes have drastically changed the relative balance and strengths between the classes. While rogues have been nerfed overall these have probably been most felt by the scouts. You should be willing to strongly consider building playing a huntress or ranger. The bow versions will have much the same skill set as the bow scout but both are capable of higher DPS.

Sek wrote:
A bit more OT: Strigoi scouts are a solid choice, and can hold their own against a bird scouts. There are some extra factors in the equation though, skill of the players being the primary one (really, this is one of the rare cases in SB where a build cannot make a decisive difference, and skill really makes a difference)..
This is especially true. solo and head to head the most skillful player will win this one. The bird absolutely needs to force this fight far away from any mobs and successful stun the vamp out of every drain. Vise-Versa the vamp wants near by mobs and to land every drain via fake drains etc. Feral Fury alone nets the vamp a +25% increase in DPS and coupled with player drains gives the vamp the edge damage wise
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Oath11
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Oath11 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys! Seems like the hardest part is picking which one I like more.

Return to “Scout, Master Pathfinder”