Pure Proccer Scout

BeanCurd
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Pure Proccer Scout

Post by BeanCurd » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Anyone ever make one? If so are they viable?

I just miss the game so dam much im just randomly making builds in my mind..

Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Pure Proccer Scout

Post by Deathmarch » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 pm

What do you mean by "pure"? I had a high def SD proccer that relied on procs as its main source of damage, but I don't know if that's what you're talking about.

BeanCurd
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by BeanCurd » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:01 am

Yes sorry about that like a good Defensive build Proccer Scout i never really got into making scouts.

ARMS
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by ARMS » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:12 am

BeanCurd wrote:Yes sorry about that like a good Defensive build Proccer Scout i never really got into making scouts.
Recommend bow proccer 1st and 2st sd scout, 3st Td scout
The Return of the King ASIA, Wrath-Bral-Mourning-Malog-Thurin King's Road _ARMS_

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:49 pm

BeanCurd wrote:Anyone ever make one? If so are they viable?

-Why yes they are indeed very viable. As a matter of fact the absolute greatest Anti bow scout - bow scout i ever made was a human pure proc build. It excelled against any pierce damage and held up very well against dagger assys/thieves and any other bow toons. Sucked terribad against casters and unless you got the jump on em most mages could put you down. Had to run from any mele other than pierce :roll: or try to win soley through kiting the entire fight. It also made a wonerful group support scout (with over 4k health) and was capable of incredible burst damage. I used all holy procs (nope didn't have UH ) and on more than one occasion I dropped vamp scouts in less than 30 seconds. Lots of fun

I always thought bow warriors,rangers,huntys and xbow NS could be built on that template with lots of success also but i never did get around to doing it.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Shammy
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Shammy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Surprisingly Bean, procs, IMO, are pretty reliable. I built a resist con/int proccer that I ran a procbot with. It was built as a scout slayer of which did a hell of a job at as well as killing a few templars. With the glad buff and a charmed necklace it wasn't to difficult.... and maybe a few lucky procs here and there ;). Did Skah! bow damage (100-200 maybe?) but procced like a whore. The only scouts that gave me slight trouble were vamp scouts with GLASS bows.

Sirius
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Sirius » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:16 am

BeanCurd wrote:Anyone ever make one? If so are they viable?

Absolutely, the answer to both questions.

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:39 am

Shade defense proccer ftw. Or elf...

Skah!, I'm too repetitive.

Neph or bust.

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Pollarixie wrote:Shade defense proccer ftw. Or elf...

s***, I'm too repetitive.

Neph or bust.
While 2/3 of the ones you listed are viable hybrid proccing scouts neither the elf or shade are going to be a pure proc scout. By going Def you have to build Dex - now you cannot max out 3 seperate stats so where do thhose points come out of INT or CON? Take them out of INT and your not doing very great procs or heals. Out of CON and you'll never have the staying power to win the fight through proccing. Furthermore, out of necessity you will have to spend FAR more time stance dancing or in DEF stance just out of necessity where as a pure proc bow scout can spend almost the entire fight in O stance for the speed bonus hense proccing more often.

Yes your Dmg and Def will both be much higher than the resist/proc route due to the DEX but this is certainly not a pure proccer just a def/dmg build with good bonus burst damage on occasion. By it's very definition a pure proc scout will have max con/heals, resists and high PD for survival not DEF.

The Neph is just a fun novelty toon. ironically not because of the low dex rather the lack of the 24 CON hood combined with no Runecaster (staple for the high con proc build) so in the end you get a proc scout that is handicapped in max CON, crippled in DEX, and only has one weak heal available.

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:02 pm

I don't seem to really care.

Difference of opinion. Oh sigh.

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:48 am

Pollarixie wrote:I don't seem to really care.

Difference of opinion. Oh sigh.
Oh I know.

And thankfully It is folks like yoursel that ensure there will always be a plentiful supply of both cannon fodder and sheep to fleece in the game :D

Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by Namosa » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:56 am

irekei SD proc high int/dex or nothing

SB Character Creator
EXCEL http://www.tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator
Open Office http://tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator-OO

Shadowbane client DL (PW: shadowbane)
Direct Download

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:35 pm

i remember back in the day no one ran proc scouts. i had an irekei sd scout. Procced and loved it. it was unstopable then, to the point it was mimicked and it went from no sd scouts to seeing a group of them. more stopable now. bird Bow scouts at the end seemed to hoard the game and sd fell short because they couldnt hit them while flying, any flightless bow scout though was a victem in the making. bow vamp scouts pose problems for them now too =(.... I never had trouble with casters as...scouts GET the drop on everyone. Procs are the only way a scout can get some good damage. 125 base int should suffice. rings and things make it meaner obvioiusly.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:37 pm

against other melee char they rock. high hp tanks couldnt win. thats why they gimped their number of power blocks.

Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Khal » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Cryfowl wrote:

Neph or bust.
Yes your Dmg and Def will both be much higher than the resist/proc route due to the DEX but this is certainly not a pure proccer just a def/dmg build with good bonus burst damage on occasion. By it's very definition a pure proc scout will have max con/heals, resists and high PD for survival not DEF.

The Neph is just a fun novelty toon. ironically not because of the low dex rather the lack of the 24 CON hood combined with no Runecaster (staple for the high con proc build) so in the end you get a proc scout that is handicapped in max CON, crippled in DEX, and only has one weak heal available.
out of pure boredom i made one...:

End Stats (that matter):
Con:150
Int:170
157% Base Dodge

3980 hp
1080 stam
1659 ATR
resist 21.5c/26.5s/46.5p
dmg:36-90

that's with MoProc Ring Blades in OStance, but with the low damage it might be better to go with Peerless and use PStance, in which case the ATR is 2357. Rings are 12con/12int, if you go 24con your hp becomes 4280
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.
Rewen wrote:Art thou enraged?

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:40 am

Khal wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:

Neph or bust.

End Stats (that matter):
157% Base Dodge

3980 hp
1080 stam
1659 ATR
resist 21.5c/26.5s/46.5p

that's with MoProc Ring Blades in OStance, but with the low damage it might be better to go with Peerless and use PStance, in which case the ATR is 2357. Rings are 12con/12int, if you go 24con your hp becomes 4280
You absolutely want as much ATR as possible. Peerless is better. Force yourself to fight in ATTK stance (for the speed bonus) as much as possible switching over to precise only when needed. Don't forget 1 train into Glad's Resist pain (begin every fight with it) and at least 1 (more if you can spare them) into call of the crowd. UH is a waste of trains don't take it use bots. For that matter I often use one slot on the neck for "runed" that mana = survival. For resists i also use a bot. You should be able to take down just about any other scout except the flying ones. Those shouldn't be able to kill you though and as soon as they realize you are going to outlive their stam pool they generally evac (which you can't stop :? . BTW get in the habbit of packing a couple blue pots at all times. Comes in super handy on this build.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:51 pm

tooshifty wrote:against other melee char they rock. high hp tanks couldnt win. thats why they gimped their number of power blocks.
my sd scout too shift ya... i remember the destruction he cause via mad pbnj on everything that couldn't fly and range attack. melee couldn't even use a single weapon power against old dancers.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Dyson
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Dyson » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:37 pm

so am i still da best or...?

nvm just checked, still da best
Crazy Talk GL

Vandarr
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Vandarr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Cryfowl wrote:Don't forget 1 train into Glad's Resist pain (begin every fight with it) and at least 1 (more if you can spare them) into call of the crowd.
Both are vastly underrated skills, but this:
Cryfowl wrote:use bots...For resists i also use a bot.
makes me sad.

Speaking to evacs, I campaigned hard for an anti-evac power for scouts. It would block one specific toon from being summoned for a few minutes. I figured it'd be exceptionally fun at server ups when you eliminate a guy carrying a seed and/or runes he can't evac with his loot.

Sig by Dubanka - winning Vandarr entry for team sig contest, October 2013.

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 am

Vandarr wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:Don't forget 1 train into Glad's Resist pain (begin every fight with it) and at least 1 (more if you can spare them) into call of the crowd.
Both are vastly underrated skills, but this:
Cryfowl wrote:use bots...For resists i also use a bot.
makes me sad.

Speaking to evacs, I campaigned hard for an anti-evac power for scouts. It would block one specific toon from being summoned for a few minutes. I figured it'd be exceptionally fun at server ups when you eliminate a guy carrying a seed and/or runes he can't evac with his loot.
Yes resist pain and call of the crowd are both quite usefull under certain circumstances however their very long recast timer and marginally poor scaling ration per training point invested makes them both mediocre at best.

I have no problem saying that I have bots. I hate to break it to you but every single person who wants to play at a competitive level uses them because that is what SB's current architecture supports. If you are a purist and don't believe in them or think that SB is better off without them then great spend 20 trains and 1 disc slot for that T2 weapon proc. Me, I'll keep using a sader.

An anti evac power would be awesome.

Vandarr
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Vandarr » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:03 pm

I understand folks use bots. It doesn't mean I have to like it or use one myself! :)

The anit-evac was a suggestion for a point sink for scouts. When changes made to instant-sneak (meaning you only needed 18 in hide), the 50% boost to run skill (meaning you could save points there), the pathfinding nerf (saving 40 trains), the rogue stam love patch (no need for athletics) and buff pots granting mana regen (making the Nyth rune useful), I was looking for a way to re-balance scouts. My proposals were:

Eliminate instant sneak, or at the very least, have the cast time on sneak in direct correlation to your hide skill. I.E. - If hide is 18, the cast time on sneak is 5 seconds. For every skill point above 18 in hide, the cast time on both skills is decreased - eventually both would scale down to instant, but it's going to cost you another 22 trains.

Make the Nyth rune only available to non-rogue bases. I got a bunch of pushback from QFT folks - especially Eastre - on this, and even made a video of a naked scout with a buffpot showing just how overpowered the rune was with MR on a scout toon.

Anit-evac. I would've loved this.

Remove the 50 bonus points added to the run skill, but leave the added 50 points to the cap intact. Basically, you could cap running at the same level, but it would cost you 50 more trains to do so.

I belive I had a few more proposals, but these are what I remember as I was most passionate about these.

Sig by Dubanka - winning Vandarr entry for team sig contest, October 2013.

budongb
Snobo
Snobo

Post by budongb » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:03 pm

An anti evac power would be awesome.

prince87x
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by prince87x » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:26 pm

I've always done high def scouts. I'm interested in trying out a bow proc scout like Cryfowl was talking about. Human would probably be the good race the go it seems. As for starting runes, probably brilliant mind and wizard's apprentice for higher int for proc damage? Precise for attack and would you suggest any other runes to start or save the rest of the stat points for int and con runes?

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:02 pm

prince87x wrote:I've always done high def scouts. I'm interested in trying out a bow proc scout like Cryfowl was talking about. Human would probably be the good race the go it seems. As for starting runes, probably brilliant mind and wizard's apprentice for higher int for proc damage? Precise for attack and would you suggest any other runes to start or save the rest of the stat points for int and con runes?
It's a fun and fairly unique build. Just remember it plays nothing like a Def scout. You will rarely if ever slip into D-stance as you want to spend as much time in ATTK as possible for the alac bonus only slipping into precise if needed (generally only if your up against a VERY high D rogue with an ATR cut on you) .

All of my proccing rogues get by just fine with around 125 or so INT (pre buffs) so it's better to max out con for stam and HP then dump left over points into Dex for ATR. This toon only wins fights through attrition. Starting runes I'd go with are the human Bloodline "born of Gwen" , tough hide, HaO, Warlords page, I wouldn't use precise if you plan on going with a bow as it shouldn't be necessary although if using daggers it might.

prince87x
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by prince87x » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
prince87x wrote:I've always done high def scouts. I'm interested in trying out a bow proc scout like Cryfowl was talking about. Human would probably be the good race the go it seems. As for starting runes, probably brilliant mind and wizard's apprentice for higher int for proc damage? Precise for attack and would you suggest any other runes to start or save the rest of the stat points for int and con runes?
It's a fun and fairly unique build. Just remember it plays nothing like a Def scout. You will rarely if ever slip into D-stance as you want to spend as much time in ATTK as possible for the alac bonus only slipping into precise if needed (generally only if your up against a VERY high D rogue with an ATR cut on you) .

All of my proccing rogues get by just fine with around 125 or so INT (pre buffs) so it's better to max out con for stam and HP then dump left over points into Dex for ATR. This toon only wins fights through attrition. Starting runes I'd go with are the human Bloodline "born of Gwen" , tough hide, HaO, Warlords page, I wouldn't use precise if you plan on going with a bow as it shouldn't be necessary although if using daggers it might.
I have been noticing that! It's definitely quite a bit different from what I played back on live. Sometimes I can get lucky and proc 3 times damn near in a row for close to 700 dmg (but I went more into int than I should have). Other times I can't seem to proc and it seems pretty slow, but when you do get those procs it's pretty satisfying.

My old scout was a high def vamp scout. People seem to hate vamp for scout but I found it pretty fun. Was able to get to around 2350 def I believe and that drain could hit fairly hard and be used offensively. Then having the summon was nice too (which everyone said was the only reason to go vamp scout). To each his own I guess. Trying to decide if I want to go back to high def vamp scout or roll a high health procing scout when the servers come back up. Will be trying this scout out a bit more until the servers go down.

Trynn
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Trynn » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Ive made both vamp and shade wearrat dagger chucker procing scouts and have had good luck with both. Depending on who im fighting i stance dance as needed. I have taken out whole groups at mines solo with them before. I usually use double vamp procs with the UH proc for extra dmg. If you pop on a mage or channy in O stance you can usually drop them before they even realize you are there. In def stance atr is around 1600. Def bow scouts pose no problem, I can run through templars and most other toons with ease. I do wear all resist rings and neck so the damage that I take is minimized.

kymatius
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by kymatius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Khal wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:

Neph or bust.

End Stats (that matter):
157% Base Dodge

3980 hp
1080 stam
1659 ATR
resist 21.5c/26.5s/46.5p

Which race gets this stat spread? Can't seem to hit it with Aelf/Ireki/Hum. Also do u train Detect Hidden or Reveal or both?

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:08 pm

kymatius wrote:
Khal wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:

End Stats (that matter):
157% Base Dodge

3980 hp
1080 stam
1659 ATR
resist 21.5c/26.5s/46.5p

Which race gets this stat spread? Can't seem to hit it with Aelf/Ireki/Hum. Also do u train Detect Hidden or Reveal or both?
only scout race that can achieve 150/170 stats is vampire. the other races will get less.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Cryfowl » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 pm

kymatius wrote:
Khal wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:

End Stats (that matter):
157% Base Dodge

3980 hp
1080 stam
1659 ATR
resist 21.5c/26.5s/46.5p

Your first question was answered so Ill get the second. Reveal is granted already - so no trains needed for that. It's of very limited value and basically just cancels out anyone's (including yours!!!!!) stealth in a fairly small spherical radius centering on the caster. Unless you are practically on top of your target there is a good chance you'll miss them and only end up revealling yourself. You can honestly play this game for years without using this power - it's value is that limited. It's really only useful in a group utility aspect and even then "eyes" are just as good.

Detect Hidden aka "eyes" are what you want to train to GM 40. It allows the scout to see any stealthed toon inside target range (manually or just by cycling targets with target next player on a hotkey) as long as that toons stealth is trained at or below the level you train detect hidden so GMing it is going to be mandatory so you'll see everyone. it's the bread and butter of the scout class. no one can hide from a scout because of this one ability. With "eyes' up you can relate stealthers movements to your group or just pop them out of stealth by attacking them -usually with a bleed (the weapon power hits them even if your shot misses and the bleed causes damage and that pops them out of stealth - just debuffing them won't work if your shot misses them so always pop stealthers with a bleed) so they can't restealth immediately giving your team mates a chance to kill them.

This same ability is also granted by:
Witch's sight (starting rune) but at lvl18 and untrainable so pretty worthless.
Shade racial ability - also lvl 18 and untrainable but it's free.
Bounty Hunter - trainable up to lvl 20 so you can see any mages using stealth because they can only train stealth to 20 max.
tooshifty wrote:
kymatius wrote:
Khal wrote:

End Stats (that matter):
157% Base Dodge

3980 hp
1080 stam
1659 ATR
resist 21.5c/26.5s/46.5p

only scout race that can achieve 150/170 stats is vampire. the other races will get less.
Nephlim can get this stat spread also:
Both con starting runes and a +40 con and a +25 INT in game. Although why anyone would bother with a neph scout is beyond me.

Human could get 140/170 but it would require both godly con and godly INT in game and sacrificing several good starting traits. I've never seen the need to take INt up that high on a human proc scout. 125 works fine for me and lets me get everything else i want on the build too. 140 or even 150 INT would be stellar but 170 overkill and a waste of a godly int IMO.

Return to “Scout, Master Pathfinder”