Your favorite Scout.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Your favorite Scout.

Post by tooshifty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:47 am

Braxis wrote:My favorite scout is now chet's. Even though I fought him poorly geared and no discs, I could see that it was far superior than mine. Or I just forgot how to play a scout. I want the template.
he has a billion and ive never been killed by his scout when im on mine =P...
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am

tooshifty wrote: My wererat scout had 5200hp in form. And i only lost to 2 scouts with it....one was when i didnt have a glass bow and the other was some coix def scout that was a black shield(dev person). I COULD not hit it for some reason...and my scout had mad atr. Though it only had 88int.
[/quote]
Moco wrote:relying on glass bow = gimp as Skah!, oh and that wr scout you have died to my bird & aelfs numerous times during cb :mrgreen:[/quote

Maybe it was so long ago i forgot. But im talkin no other influences...1v1. Everyone had a glass bow then...kinda gimped u if u didnt have one to compensate. Not like a sd is going to loose to grounded glassbow...but a scout bow, or vorg bow will get smashed by glass. I've already beaten glassbow w/ gimpbow on the new server...but i crave a glassy.

PS...moco uv never beaten me scout vs scout...i know that much...others have...ur just blab.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:26 pm

tooshifty wrote:
tooshifty wrote: My wererat scout had 5200hp in form. And i only lost to 2 scouts with it....one was when i didnt have a glass bow and the other was some coix def scout that was a black shield(dev person). I COULD not hit it for some reason...and my scout had mad atr. Though it only had 88int.
Moco wrote:relying on glass bow = gimp as Skah!, oh and that wr scout you have died to my bird & aelfs numerous times during cb :mrgreen:[/quote

Maybe it was so long ago i forgot. But im talkin no other influences...1v1. Everyone had a glass bow then...kinda gimped u if u didnt have one to compensate. Not like a sd is going to loose to grounded glassbow...but a scout bow, or vorg bow will get smashed by glass. I've already beaten glassbow w/ gimpbow on the new server...but i crave a glassy.

PS...moco uv never beaten me scout vs scout...i know that much...others have...ur just blab.
:lol: The fake "shifty" surely has fallen to me plenty of times and you aren't gimped if you don't have a glass bow.. you've just been spoiled by the Skah! glass and don't know how to play the field without one which is sad. I smash scouts everyday that have glass bows and I use the slow as [fluffy bunnies] scout bows or a war bow. Glass=fail
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

KittaKat
Snobo
Snobo

Post by KittaKat » Wed May 08, 2013 9:44 am

my bird dagger scout, i loved that thing!
Knights of Brittania-IC/ Marcus's Wife and Leash Holder lol <3/And KoB Mother Hen

Augusto
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Augusto » Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Vampire scout

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 17, 2013 6:41 am

chet wrote:I owned shiftes wererat, lol
not even once lolz
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri May 17, 2013 6:47 am

Moco wrote::lol: The fake "shifty" surely has fallen to me plenty of times and you aren't gimped if you don't have a glass bow.. you've just been spoiled by the Skah! glass and don't know how to play the field without one which is sad. I smash scouts everyday that have glass bows and I use the slow as Skah! scout bows or a war bow. Glass=fail
ya ive killed tons on a regular one too...but i mean dont be crast...same build vs same build...the one withought the glass looses...derrrrrrr.

And that other shifty is the fake shifty, and i wish he never used the name...he gave it a bad rep. I`ve used this name since the game was live. ive always used shifty or tooshifty. i took a year and a half off for life and i was forgotten =P. He just used it near the end of live im asumeing. Im pretty sure he doesnt play cb anymore anyways.

Im taking my name back yo. MINE!
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Fri May 17, 2013 11:59 am

tooshifty wrote:
Moco wrote::lol: The fake "shifty" surely has fallen to me plenty of times and you aren't gimped if you don't have a glass bow.. you've just been spoiled by the Skah! glass and don't know how to play the field without one which is sad. I smash scouts everyday that have glass bows and I use the slow as Skah! scout bows or a war bow. Glass=fail
ya ive killed tons on a regular one too...but i mean dont be crast...same build vs same build...the one withought the glass looses...derrrrrrr.

And that other shifty is the fake shifty, and i wish he never used the name...he gave it a bad rep. I`ve used this name since the game was live. ive always used shifty or tooshifty. i took a year and a half off for life and i was forgotten =P. He just used it near the end of live im asumeing. Im pretty sure he doesnt play cb anymore anyways.

Im taking my name back yo. MINE!
same build vs same build the one w.o glass loses? I bet you not as I've done & seen it happen plenty of times before :lol:

Bad rep? you give his name a bad rep and he didn't use it near the end of live he was around for a few servers over the years & who cares it's CLOSED BETA doesn't even matter until OB lawl
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sun May 19, 2013 2:32 am

i dont have a bad rep on my name...i just remember people saying the other guy was a [fluffy bunnies]...never met him tbh.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Sun May 19, 2013 6:10 pm

tooshifty wrote:

!
I have tested this very thing in the past and on a con/int proc scout the warbow can actually out DPS the glass bow as long as you have a decent amount of INT to prop up the procs AND superior ATR.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Vandarr
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Vandarr » Mon May 20, 2013 8:16 pm

If you have superior atr, then it's not the same build any more - is it? :)

Sig by Dubanka - winning Vandarr entry for team sig contest, October 2013.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Mon May 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Bird with glass bow if I were to make a scout again. Only other serious option is Belgosch.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Tue May 21, 2013 5:37 am

Vandarr wrote:If you have superior atr, then it's not the same build any more - is it? :)
Of course it's the same build. I'm simply stressing the importance of great ATR ON THAT BUILD. As long as you have that the Warbow will out DPS the glass bow overall

Vandarr
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Vandarr » Tue May 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Gotcha - I totally misunderstood what you were saying.

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Wed May 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Vandarr wrote:Gotcha - I totally misunderstood what you were saying.
Actually the only thing that makes it close is the fact that the glass does poison dmg not pierce and 90% of your opponents on that proc scout are going to be pierce resist heavy rogues. AFter all the vamp proc on glass has very low damage (even if those extra heals are nice they really are not vital seeing as how you should have around 5k health)
However in today's SB many of those same rogues are going to be running around with 50% or better poison resists too (i do, courtesy of a bot) simply because of the prevelance of glass (and it comes in handy against several other rogue classes like huntress) sooooo you are back to the warbow having a significant advantage.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Wed May 22, 2013 3:00 pm

By the time you have ran to a zone and got in one fight that buff will be half over, let alone any longer stays, minefights etc. I guess to some people being in a zone for 10 mins without dying or needing to evac is a rare enough occurrence that 15 minute freehold parked buffs factor into their game plan.

Glass bow is the better weapon. Too good imo, which is why people are offering 17 mill for one in CB and not just rolling with warbows.

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by zenjah » Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Ajushi wrote:By the time you have ran to a zone and got in one fight that buff will be half over, let alone any longer stays, minefights etc. I guess to some people being in a zone for 10 mins without dying or needing to evac is a rare enough occurrence that 15 minute freehold parked buffs factor into their game plan.
This is another reason why I like Belgosch scouts. Summon the bot to the zone whenever you need to refresh buffs.
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Wed May 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Ajushi wrote:By the time you have ran to a zone and got in one fight that buff will be half over, let alone any longer stays, minefights etc. I guess to some people being in a zone for 10 mins without dying or needing to evac is a rare enough occurrence that 15 minute freehold parked buffs factor into their game plan.

Glass bow is the better weapon. Too good imo, which is why people are offering 17 mill for one in CB and not just rolling with warbows.
To each their own. If you feel it's too much of a hassle to deal with then by all means don't do it. Perhaps you are happier spending 20 trains on the RC resist buff or sacrificing multiple jewel slots for those resists. Or perhaps just maybe the reason you think glass bows are so OP is because your toon runs with 0 poison resist and needs to run every time your opponent in the field is sporting one. I really don't care.

And Yes, I have no problem running a complete zone in under 15 minutes. It's not as if i check all the droppers in a zone then hang out in hopes someone will show up eventually for some pvp lol. :lol: and if somone is in the zone when i get there great I still have the resists on.

Personally I have no problem sporting that GM poison resist. It's not as if I don't often times park my summon bot out in the wilderness close to desirable zones anyways. For that matter if you don't think the warbow will out DPS the glass then you should test it - I did. But don't let me stop you from farming up that 15 mil.. Just because i am content with the warbow doesn't mean you need to be.

I suppose by your same logic it's much better to use UH wep proc as opposed to a sader bot ?
Last edited by Cryfowl on Wed May 22, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Wed May 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Absolutely. Conc and go. Do you also advocate botting traveller for your "scout"?

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Wed May 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Ajushi wrote:Absolutely. Conc and go. Do you also advocate botting traveller for your "scout"?
The only scout template That i use traveler on is a server up generic dex/con bird bowscout and only because of it's convient yet still some- what competitive because it's at server up . If you want to build a template that will be able to compete at the highest levels then no traveler and no UH. Those two together equal 26 trains and two Disc slots that could be put to better use elsewhere. After all the only thing you've gained over the alternative is a little convenience.

spazgar
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by spazgar » Wed May 22, 2013 6:53 pm

my two scouts with UH proc > than your one scout with bot buffs.
wut

Vandarr
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Vandarr » Wed May 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Bots - especially on a scout toon - are for sissies.

If I had my way, toons wouldn't be allowed any buffs that weren't chants or self buffs.

Sckorch
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Sckorch » Thu May 23, 2013 1:21 am

bow scout should never lose to a dagger scout period. If you did you skah as a scout. He should hardly be in your range!

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Thu May 23, 2013 5:59 am

chet wrote:Take anything claimfoul says with more than a few grains of salt - very very bad scout player and an absolutely useless player in a team situation as evidenced by performance during the closed beta team one team two affairs.
Ohh Chetters I love it when you make up total fiction. I didn't play an active scout for either team during that phase. And it's hilarious that someone who can't even get into a scout fight unless they are towing three bots or have a full group behind them even comments.

Now why don't you go back to trolling the forums and let the grown ups discuss real things. After all someone who can't play a solo scout at all has no need to be here in this thread.
Vandarr wrote:Bots - especially on a scout toon - are for sissies.

If I had my way, toons wouldn't be allowed any buffs that weren't chants or self buffs.
I find this kind of purist attitude very appealing. It would certainly make for an entirely different SB however it's not the SB we currently have now is it.
Sckorch wrote:bow scout should never lose to a dagger scout period. If you did you skah as a scout. He should hardly be in your range!
Is this your opinion or have you actually had this fight ? The bow scout can never chew through all the health / heals of a con/int proc scout without stamming out first. Unfortunately the dagger scout has a much harder time preventing an evac and getting the kill but if built and played right the bow scout should not be able to get a kill at all without a very lucky string of procs going off.
Last edited by Cryfowl on Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Thu May 23, 2013 6:15 am

chet wrote:I think playing an active Aracoix bow scout would be considered playing an active scout - which you did and were bad at :lol:
By all means - Pics or it didn't happen . I 've played my scout solo with no group affiliation for all of CB

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Tue May 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Tue May 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Ajushi wrote:[ Image ]
It's a nice pic but it's not me. I only roll one bird scout and it's always white and always called cryfowl.

Vandarr
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Vandarr » Thu May 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Confessors usually are. Healer base + DoT = death for scouts.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu May 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Sckorch wrote:bow scout should never lose to a dagger scout period. If you did you skah as a scout. He should hardly be in your range!
a rat dagger scout will pwn any bow scout that cant fly....period...this is talking equal skill level players and builds. or in my scouts case(can kill any bow scout) it has no def and suffers to dagger or UA scouts...but i mean who cares...everyone playes bow scouts so why worry =P. I always consider transfering my build to coix and being untouchable though.... i h8 playing what everyone else does....FCK coix scouts. Ill make a coix scout when people stop whoreing out bow scouts.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Dyson
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Dyson » Fri May 31, 2013 4:35 am

lulzy thread bros
Crazy Talk GL

Return to “Scout, Master Pathfinder”