Human Warlock Fighter

exiledtyrant
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Human Warlock Fighter

Post by exiledtyrant » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:48 am

I took everything off, untrained every skill, and deleted the blade master from my rune list. Somewhere in there 66 extra train points got eaten up. I'll turn off the game for a bit for a bit see if anything kicks on.

Logged back in points were still 584. Grabbed a blade master rune to see if bug would replicate. 45 trains not on print skill list. Blade master didn't even appear on print skills list. Re logged point now back to 646. Got rid of blade master rune, re logged and now skill points are still 646. Something must be up with the Discipline or the 45 free trains. will sift through the info later maybe i can get a more readable bug report together tomorrow.

All in all I think this template is done about 40-66 trains to go into skills but the trains are all what I want them to be at. Get that settled replicate it on the calculator and get it stored in my word file for later. Gonna start on a neph or human warrior/dark knight and then maybe a sentinel or some other fighter variant. Should keep me from being bored.

Thanks everyone for the help.
No time No long good-bye
No time No answer for the reason why
No Guarantees in life Save for the end
Which is no big surprise
-Psychedelic Soul

exiledtyrant
Snobo
Snobo

Post by exiledtyrant » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:08 am

Thought I'd pop in with an update. I switched the base build around into a more con oriented stat load out. The psiblade build has a lot of items I can't find and seems more expensive overall. The new build is pure sword with less flat resists because there is no tough hide in this variation. Instead it has been subbed with precision and sellsword to almost guarantee 2k attack rating with just about any 100% sword. Honestly I think it's a little more refined than the strength based version. 5 str traded for 10 con and 5% damage reduction traded for 100+ atr seems like a good switch to me.

Build:

-------The Basics---------

Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Profession: Warlock

------Applied Runes-------

Sellsword
Warlord's Page
Born of the Gwendannen
Mighty
Giant's Blood
Precise
Great Strength
Great Constitution

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 145/145
Dexterity: 25/85
Constitution: 155/155
Intelligence: 60/90
Spirit: 30/95

----------Skills----------

Sword 142% (90 trains)
Block 147% (85 trains)
Parry 60% (19 trains)
Wear Armor, Medium 100% (63 trains)
Warlockry 61% (35 trains)
Sword Mastery 127% (90 trains)

----------Powers----------

Mind and Body One 40 (Grand Master)
Surpass Limits 40 (Grand Master)
Battlemind 40 (Grand Master)
Break Enchantment 40 (Grand Master)
Psychic Healing 20 (Journeyman)
Ignore the Old Order 3 (Novice)
Mind Snare 40 (Grand Master)
Dull the Body 40 (Grand Master)
Dull the Mind 1 (Novice)

I am level 31 now and it's been holding up pretty good. The survivability against mob camps has been good and the combination of a higher surpass limits and heal makes down time much shorter. I've gone from carrying 5 pots of stam and health to 3 of each for emergencies and I'm finding I still almost never need them.

Hit rating has been good. I've managed to hit level 50+ mobs at level 29 at about 3/4 the time in offensive stance. Got ganked by a scout 3 levels higher than me who couldn't evade my hits and had to run away. I'm almost positive this build still gets eaten alive by mages especially mage assassins.

Considering taking up danger sense after I've been playing with my debuffs more. Since sword has a attack cut and I debuff 130 of the atr/damage stat my precision defense might not be so bad. I think I was undercutting my actual miss chance at the base 5% when I can cut 41% attack and debuff about 110 atr from -str/dex. The test build leveled out at around 1100 defense in precision and 800 in offense so anyone at 2k or less would certainly be missing more than 5%. with danger sense I could be a 1250.

The armor pen affix seems to do a good job at boosting damage even with the 10% one I have. Considering going for a double armor pen sword with attack instead of my original plan for a base damage sword with attack and attack speed. Will still hit speed cap on offensive but precision may go down to about 1.2 if I skip out on weapon speed.

Made a unarmed mentalist proc lock too on test may role them next week. Wasn't as sturdy as my other lock but it did a lot of damage. Gonna need to get that werebear warrior done too.
No time No long good-bye
Which is no big surprise
-Psychedelic Soul

exiledtyrant
Snobo
Snobo

Post by exiledtyrant » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:25 pm

New template int/str based. Lack of resist gear paired with the expansive list of resist that I needed to gather had me construct a new template. This one is high int , medium str, and medium con.
-------The Basics---------

Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Profession: Warlock

------Applied Runes-------

Born of the Irydnu
Knight's Squire
Sellsword
Raised by Elves
Lucky
Precise
Clever
Legendary Intelligence
+10 to intel on creation for clever
----------Stats-----------

Strength: 100/100
Dexterity: 35/100
Constitution: 98/100
Intelligence: 150/150
Spirit: 35/100

----------Skills----------

Wear Armor, Medium 146% (100 trains)
Sword 166% (90 trains)
Block 120% (49 trains)
Warlockry 130% (90 trains)
Sword Mastery 70% (24 trains)

----------Powers----------

Danger Sense 40 (Grand Master)
Battlemind 40 (Grand Master)
Mind and Body One 40 (Grand Master)
Surpass Limits 20 (Journeyman)
Psychic Shout 1 (Untrained)
Break Enchantment 40 (Grand Master)
Needs of the One 1 (Untrained)
Psychic Healing 30 (Proficient)
Dull the Mind 1 (Untrained)
Shatter Will 20 (Journeyman)
Mind Snare 38 (Master)
Dull the Body 1 (Untrained)
Mind Strike 20 (Journeyman)

Not sure on the final breakdown of stats as my gear is still crap and I haven't finished leveling them yet. Basic break down at 50s is:

atr 1500s normal, 2200+ precise. 1400 normal and 2100 on spells.
damage goes into the 85-300+ base
defense 1600 standing 1950s in defensive stance.
hp 3k

Considering all my skills weapon/armor skill are capped, but my professions skill are in there 20s besides danger sense I'm looking at:

Possible + 100 atr change
25% more damage
at least 2k def
4k hp

Sword is missing 60 atr from the prefix and warlock armor has poor or no defense rolls so the possible 100-200 defense and atr change all together after I'm done. Much happier with this build gear wise and game play wise. Will have 400 mindstrikes and 600 heals, can actually have spells and drains miss ( finally make fighting templars doable), still has pretty high passive def at 40-43% block and 15-18% parry chance. Blinds are still a pain but I feel a lot more weaknesses have been closed up while offering a bigger and better toolset.

Spells are kept relatively low as they get reasonable damage while keeping mana consumption low. 200-300 damage per sword hit isn't much alone but with 300-400 mindstrikes every 3 seconds woven in it feels like a more balanced proc spec.
No time No long good-bye
Which is no big surprise
-Psychedelic Soul

Return to “Warlock, Warrior of the Mind”