Sorcery Based Viable?

Ghromdur
Snobo
Snobo

Sorcery Based Viable?

Post by Ghromdur » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:59 am

Thinking on going Wizard when OB starts up.

Is a sorcery Based Wizzy viable?

You have a dot, a fast nuke and some interesting Mana drain / damage spells.

Thanks,

Ghrom

ntootn1
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Sorcery Based Viable?

Post by ntootn1 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Wizard is good choose

TGreg1066
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by TGreg1066 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Ghromdur wrote:Thinking on going Wizard when OB starts up.

Is a sorcery Based Wizzy viable?

You have a dot, a fast nuke and some interesting Mana drain / damage spells.

Thanks,

Ghrom
Depends who you ask.... Personally I think it's more than viable... it's the correct way to build a wizard. I believe the ONLY reason why you should go mystic bolt is if you make a nephelim and wish to do sustained flight.

If you aren't going to fly then you should go sorcery. I had a sorc wizard back when chaos came out (before vamps) mage bolts doing 500-1000 after magic resist debuff and if fires twice as fast as a mystic bolt (do the math it's way better). Sign of Sorthoth would tick for 400-800. and 1800+ atr due to how high you can easily get sorcery with archmage of genius robe, hood and staff. I think my sorcery was ATLEAST 210% after trains, items and INT. It may have been been 240% but it was a long time ago and I don't want to make a liar out of myself.

That's actually what I will be making for the preview since the gear is easy to find from mob drops.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
Common Character names: Traxbro, Treylix, Marlborax, Droody McDrood.

Ghromdur
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Ghromdur » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks TGreg!

The idea simply would be to lessen the amount of points I spread into wizardy and sorcery into just sorcery.

Int then con then spr for stats

Probably shade or maybe human

Blood boil, mage bolt, SoS and the Mana Drains and Mana Nukes. would be the offensive tools.

TGreg1066
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by TGreg1066 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:18 am

Ghromdur wrote:Thanks TGreg!

The idea simply would be to lessen the amount of points I spread into wizardy and sorcery into just sorcery.

Blood boil, mage bolt, SoS and the Mana Drains and Mana Nukes. would be the offensive tools.

I don't bother with mana drains... no one can outheal your dps except for MAYBE a spiked int priest... even that's unlikely.

Pretty much anyone you get your dot and debuff on is going to go down and there's nothing they can do about it. Mana drains are a waste of time and points. Blood boil probably also a waste, but your call on that one... it's iffy.

I go irekei for BP heal.
Side note... you still have to go 115 wiz for invis sooooo yeah...

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:49 am

TGreg1066 wrote:
Ghromdur wrote:Thanks TGreg!

I don't bother with mana drains... no one can outheal your dps except for MAYBE a spiked int priest... even that's unlikely.

Pretty much anyone you get your dot and debuff on is going to go down and there's nothing they can do about it. Mana drains are a waste of time and points. Blood boil probably also a waste, but your call on that one... it's iffy.

I go irekei for BP heal.
Side note... you still have to go 115 wiz for invis sooooo yeah...
I actually disagree with the mana dmg. In 1v1 sure, you'd be better off just going straight dps, but I would argue in a small scale situation you have the ability to take a toon like a nightstalker/huntress/templar out of a fight with the mana dot with 1 point in it. Would I gm it? No, is it useful? Hell yeah.
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

TGreg1066
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by TGreg1066 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:04 am

you can take him out of the fight with a single sorthoth dot too which makes mana drains less attractive for me... and most GOOD nightstalkers and huntresses still do 70% of their damage without any mana. unless you're a gimp nuker stalker or huntress, sorry for the people that like them but they are gimps.

Templar is another story... In that case I agree that any mana drain is crippling to a templar, but for most classes that need mana... 1 point in a drain won't do it. But 1 point for eliminating one of the more powerful all purpose builds in the game.. definitely worth it... In that regard I stand corrected.

However, I never said not to 1 point the drains... I thought that was common sense... you never know when you might need it. Thanks for the input.

Venom
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Venom » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:07 pm

i'd have to agree with cash here, its only 1 pt and it could turn the tables

Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Khal » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:51 pm

1 pt in mystic backlash with Hex works well too. N hell yes sorc based wizards are the only way to go.
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.
Rewen wrote:Art thou enraged?

Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Deathmarch » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:59 pm

i rolled a wiz based wiz for a macro PL one time. literally just mystic bolt mystic bolt mystic bolt target self target next.

ScrappyDoo
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by ScrappyDoo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:03 pm

PvP = sorcery base

PvE = Wizardry base (neph)

Personally I like the Sorcery base shade wizards with shroudborne. In gvg fights the mana bolt can be devastating to enemy casters. The debuffs are equally as effective. Your mage bolt flies twice as fast as the wizard bolt and can do extreme dmg. If you get targeted by a caster pop def stance and tele out.

If you do wish to go neph wizzy and fly a lot you can always pump 1-5 trains in your wizard bolt since you will already need to put your wizardry to 115 for the invis. Whenever you are getting low on stam plop the wizzy nuke into your rotation to replenish your stam a little.

Return to “Wizard, Arcane Master”