Help me with Irekei UA

serious replies only
Geckoz
Snobo
Snobo

Help me with Irekei UA

Post by Geckoz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:48 pm

Hello veterans! I always wanted to roll an Irekei UA Sundancer using Khan's, even if i've understood that they basically sux and that toon would be gimped in one way or another, anyway, can you help me decide which class could be better to go for? I was taking a look between Assa, Nightstalker, Scout, Thief and Ranger, can someone explain me the pros/cons of each class for UA Sundancers?
Also is proc viable with that kind of builds, or i would be better to go 60 or 82 int rest dex/con? Thx in advance for the answers.

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Re: Help me with Irekei UA

Post by Sek » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Geckoz wrote:Hello veterans! I always wanted to roll an Irekei UA Sundancer using Khan's, even if i've understood that they basically sux and that toon would be gimped in one way or another, anyway, can you help me decide which class could be better to go for? I was taking a look between Assa, Nightstalker, Scout, Thief and Ranger, can someone explain me the pros/cons of each class for UA Sundancers?
Also is proc viable with that kind of builds, or i would be better to go 60 or 82 int rest dex/con? Thx in advance for the answers.
Always go for procs, unless you are fighter based (which is gimp for most points and purposes).

I`m not gonna go into details, as I can`t be bothered, but Nightstalker, Ranger, Scout are the most viable ones. Thief and Assy can be problematic for solo (which is the only reason ever to roll up a toon like this).

I`d say Nightstalker is the best (though INSANELY tight on points). Scout is easy to play. Ranger is really good, but only right now. When they revert the changes to classes to 24.3 Ranger SD will still be good, but considerably less than now.

P.S. When I say "go for procs" it doesn`t necessarily mean you should give up completely on physical damage. Just that you should among other stuff use procs.
TSCCC IC

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:27 am

Sd mage assassins are fun.

With sd weapons procs are necessary. There are dozens upon dozens of viable sd builds and they range greatly in play style outside of pbs and stuns. Its better if you think what you want your toon to do and then pick a class and direction based on that.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Geckoz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Geckoz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:54 am

tooshifty wrote:Sd mage assassins are fun.

With sd weapons procs are necessary. There are dozens upon dozens of viable sd builds and they range greatly in play style outside of pbs and stuns. Its better if you think what you want your toon to do and then pick a class and direction based on that.
I want this toon to be able to solo play, that's why i was thinking bout going Rogue and i never saw the opportunity to roll a Mage SD. Can you please explain why it should be worth in comparison to the aforementioned classes please?

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:32 am

Theres a lot of different ways to solo play. Just roll a Nightstalker. You cant really mess those things up.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Geckoz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Geckoz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:35 am

Thnx for your thoughts! Still waiting for a more complete answer to my topic question, maybe even explaining some template or how to allocate stats, and why a class should be better then another for this build.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Geckoz wrote:Thnx for your thoughts! Still waiting for a more complete answer to my topic question, maybe even explaining some template or how to allocate stats, and why a class should be better then another for this build.
Solo pvp isnt really a play style description that would help one give you an apropriate build. Like... do u want to nuke or have def or have hp or all of those or none of those. Do u want to buff or debuff or strip or heal. There are a bagillion builds. You want just any build? Char type depends on what you want to do.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Geckoz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Geckoz » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:42 am

tooshifty wrote:
Geckoz wrote:Thnx for your thoughts! Still waiting for a more complete answer to my topic question, maybe even explaining some template or how to allocate stats, and why a class should be better then another for this build.
Solo pvp isnt really a play style description that would help one give you an apropriate build. Like... do u want to nuke or have def or have hp or all of those or none of those. Do u want to buff or debuff or strip or heal. There are a bagillion builds. You want just any build? Char type depends on what you want to do.
I wanto to solo pvp a toon good for 1v1 since SD revolve around powerblock, i want to be able to pick my fights. All that said i know it clearly seem that scout is the best option, but if i want a toon for that purpose i'll roll a bird not an irekei SD that's why i am asking opinions. Where does SD excel on each of this classes?

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:01 am

*facepalm*
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Sek » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:23 am

Geckoz wrote:All that said i know it clearly seem that scout is the best option, but if i want a toon for that purpose i'll roll a bird not an irekei SD that's why i am asking opinions. Where does SD excel on each of this classes?
Scout is not the best option, just the easiest (and that`s questionable).

SD excels everywhere, if you are a rogue. Basically, you only need to make sure that flying scouts can`t kill you, and you`re golden.

If you want an actual build, tell the class, and do you want high def or not, and I`ll concoct something up.
TSCCC IC

Geckoz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Geckoz » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:26 am

Sek wrote:
Geckoz wrote:All that said i know it clearly seem that scout is the best option, but if i want a toon for that purpose i'll roll a bird not an irekei SD that's why i am asking opinions. Where does SD excel on each of this classes?

SD excels everywhere, if you are a rogue. Basically, you only need to make sure that flying scouts can`t kill you, and you`re golden.

If you want an actual build, tell the class, and do you want high def or not, and I`ll concoct something up.
Ok thanks! Can you please make me 2 templates, one for a scout high def and one for a Nightstalker in Res gear? Thx in advance

Geckoz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Geckoz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:41 am

Sek wrote:

Bump

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:37 am

Make a regen ranger with something like 150con/80-90int/130dex. Go LA and vorgrim. Use warlord proc khans. Youll be mostly melee dps with a healthy dose of small procs cut in. Wear either con/con or con/dex jewels.

Take tan, lucky, warlords page, and healthy as an ox to start.

whether you should take this build to gm wolf form, or go thorns and heal, or to go none of them or all is all up to your playstyle. All variations will work. I would suggest gming the heal and taking the snare to at least jm then putting a single point in wolf form. Youll do better out of wolf form with the glad hp regen active.

you should run 4.5k to 5k hp with 1900 to 2k def. You should hit around 140-160 no wp for each hand and proc for 300 to 400 on better procs. Uh procs will be more like 250.

this way u can out heal and out regen bow scouts. Your atr and dps will be good too. If u still uave teoible hitting stuff get the glad atr buff.
Last edited by tooshifty on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:39 am

Fighter or rogue. It doesnt matter really. rogues get vorg and fighters get a little more hp, but not much. Rogue can also use stalk sooo....
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Return to “New Player Q&A”