New Player Questions

serious replies only
phoenixblk
Snobo
Snobo

New Player Questions

Post by phoenixblk » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:52 am

Hello, hoping to get some help as I want to try SB again.

First, what is the arcane IP supposed to be? I tried the new download, the info in a thread on here, and the info on the wiki (which are all different) and none worked.

Next, how many accounts are allowed to be played by the same person (not keycloned, just logged in at the same time for leveling)? Are the third party programs that run a macro script allowed? Forgot the name of the program, but I remember it was ok to use on live when I played.

Any other info would be appreciated.

Thank you.

SvetaMmox
Snobo
Snobo

New Player Questions

Post by SvetaMmox » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Works like a charm on my Nexus One. I always wondered if you get a divx player to work on it as it just a matter of codecs and that's all.

Gerardan
Snobo
Snobo

Re: New Player Questions

Post by Gerardan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:44 am

Welcome back!

Sinakra
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Sinakra » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:53 am

phoenixblk wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:52 am
First, what is the arcane IP supposed to be? I tried the new download, the info in a thread on here, and the info on the wiki (which are all different) and none worked.
If you use the "Game Download" link on top of the forum site you should be fine. Anyway, here are the contents of ArcaneIP.cfg file from that download:

SERVER= 104.37.70.20
PORT= 8000
phoenixblk wrote:
Next, how many accounts are allowed to be played by the same person (not keycloned, just logged in at the same time for leveling)?
As many as your machine can handle. Note that only the first character logged in will be able to cast spells. The rest will be only viable for city maintenance or receiving power leveling.
phoenixblk wrote:
Are the third party programs that run a macro script allowed? Forgot the name of the program, but I remember it was ok to use on live when I played.
You are probably refering to "AGC" or "ACTools".

eagleeys85
Snobo
Snobo

Post by eagleeys85 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:49 am

i cant seem to log in more then 1 account, keeps telling me i am using that process, also i cant log my 2nd account in solo b/c the mac/auth code have been used .... so confusing haha pls help

kpovococccc
Snobo
Snobo

Post by kpovococccc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:11 am

MAC Download

Click here to download the Shadowbane client and launcher bundle ZIP file. (If you have played Shadowbane Emulator recently, you don't need to download a new client. Just download the new launcher here)
Download Wineskin Winery. For more detailed instructions than listed here and to download Wineskin free, go to this link.
Run Wineskin Winery and click the "Update" button.
Click the "+" button and then click the explore button to select a new engine. It is confirmed to work on WS9Wine2.16 engine or higher. Click "Download and Install".
Once you have an engine and a wrapper, select the engine you want and hit the "Create Blank Wrapper" button. Name this wrapper whatever you want. It will create and place the wrapper under the Users/User_Name/Applications/Wineskin filepath. Winery will go through some updates and prompt you to install Mono and Gecko, if they have not been installed already. Install both!
Once the wrapper is created, double click it to launch it and click "Install Software".
Click "Move A Folder Inside" and select your main Shadowbane folder (commonly named "Shadowbane - Throne of Oblivion").
A menu will pop up asking you to choose an executable file to run when you open the wrapper. Click the explore button and find the file "SBE_Launcher_32bit.exe", select it, and hit "Ok". From here, you should be able to double click the wrapper and it will run the SBEmu Launcher. This means the wrapper is set up properly!
Once the wrapper is set up properly, you will likely want to create an alias of the wrapper to put on your desktop/dock for ease of access.
LOOOOL?
song and dance or mumbo-jumbo?))))
need 1 icon for run game))
play it yourself...

keltis
Snobo
Snobo

Post by keltis » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:50 am

For some reason i can't pan my camera angle...just keeps snapping back. am i missing something?

Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Colest » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:24 am

keltis wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:50 am
For some reason i can't pan my camera angle...just keeps snapping back. am i missing something?
If you are using the middle mouse button then that is a bug caused by the Fall Creators Update for Windows 10

OGtripleOG
Snobo
Snobo

Post by OGtripleOG » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:18 am

jk.

DSofa1
Snobo
Snobo

Post by DSofa1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:39 am

eagleeys85 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:49 am
i cant seem to log in more then 1 account, keeps telling me i am using that process, also i cant log my 2nd account in solo b/c the mac/auth code have been used .... so confusing haha pls help

I have this same issue. Anyone know how to fix?

Anklebiter
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Anklebiter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:45 am

To log into 2nd acount you must use the same launcher window as the 1st / and the 2nd account must be the same name as the 1st just followed buy _2 or _3 etc
example
= log into normal account then go back to launcher press play at account login screen use the same account name just followed buy _2 _3 _4 underscore sumthing ;]
you can create as many accounts like this as you wish and log them all in box as much as you like however only the account you logged in 1st will be able to use any buttons the others are restricted to prevent multiboxing pvp -- hope that helps

dsofa3
Snobo
Snobo

Post by dsofa3 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:59 am

Anklebiter wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:45 am
To log into 2nd acount you must use the same launcher window as the 1st / and the 2nd account must be the same name as the 1st just followed buy _2 or _3 etc
example
= log into normal account then go back to launcher press play at account login screen use the same account name just followed buy _2 _3 _4 underscore sumthing ;]
you can create as many accounts like this as you wish and log them all in box as much as you like however only the account you logged in 1st will be able to use any buttons the others are restricted to prevent multiboxing pvp -- hope that helps
I am unable to login to any other accounts because when i try to verify the account by putting my MAC address and authentication code in, it says "Auth Code Already Registered". I think it should be giving me a new code but it is giving me the same code for my original account

axcidosis
Snobo
Snobo

Post by axcidosis » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:28 pm

hi, does that means me & my husband cant play using the same pc? different time of play that is.

Jabwinter
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Jabwinter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 am

hi i am having troubles trying to get the launcher to work... it is saying (ERROR =mac not authorized. use the SBE. launcher) and i have waited over an hour now after it verified on the forum website

Jabwinter
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Jabwinter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 am

hi i am having troubles trying to get the launcher to work... it is saying (ERROR =mac not authorized. use the SBE. launcher) and i have waited over an hour now after it verified on the forum website

Jabwinter
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Jabwinter » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:50 am

cant get the game to log in my character says (ERROR =mac not authorized. use the SBE. launcher) . but on the part where i have to copy the MAC and auth code i am getting an error saying (Method not found: 'System,Threading. Task.Task System.Threading.Task.Task.Run(System.Func'1<System.Threading.Task.task>)',)

can someone please-help me because i have been trying a good couple of hours every day for the last 2 weeks to get it to work

Wolfenstein
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Wolfenstein » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 am

Speaking of (relatively) new player questions, I have one, but can't create a topic for some reason.

I'm confused as to how having two different speed affixes on a weapon works. Say I want to make an Elf Warrior, and for that I need 110% Darmaegils, which have 33 speed. If I were to use a pair of Peerless of Dispatch Darms, how would the speed affixes work together? Would it first diminish 33 by 17% percent and then take the result of that and dimish it by 22%? Or would they work multiplicatively and take out 39% of 33? Is there a speed cap? Would it be more advantageous to use something like Peerless of Ruin because it would be an off-stance toon? Do Off-Stance and Conc buffs factor into the supposed 10 or so limit for weapon speed or is there a difference between weapon speed and attack speed?

Rocstar
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Rocstar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:55 pm

It's not really clear to me how the speed prefixes and affixes work together, but I know that 10.0 is the speed cap after all bonuses are accounted for (including the bonus from offensive stance). Since you have a +50% damage offensive stance, I would think it would be most valuable to take peerless of ruin, as the damage will be enhanced by 50% from stance and further by GM weapon powers. Also note that faster attack speed drains your stamina quicker if that is concern, which I imagine it is on an elf warrior.

A rough rule of thumb that I follow is:
Unarmed/Dagger = Morloch of Ruin = Damage/Damage or Damage/Proc is best, unless sit in defensive, then maybe Peerless of Ruin/Proc
Sword/Hammer/Hammer/Great Hammer/Great Sword/Bow = Peerless of Damage/Proc
Great Axe/Polearm = Peerless of Dispatch as they already have big hits and very slow speed

Return to “New Player Q&A”