shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Re: Bots in the Next Phase

Post by shadowboxer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Coolwatersx wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:
Colest wrote:
Did you even read the patch notes? The reason procs were changed were to reduce botting. The only thing they said helps zerging is the bash not cap. I'm sorry you get your jollies out of rolling bots.

How so, If I can't get a UH proc from a friend, how does that reduce bots? He is actively playing. Yes, I know I'm not the only one that has had someone proc a weapon with there UH rune. Seems like a cry for "more fairness" because you don't have access to the same thing.

Is Shadowbane still "Play to crush" ?
It's almost like you're trying to be thick.

Most players do not train a skill just in case a buddy wants a proc. Your friend does. Grats, he has a Skah! build.

Most (all in practicallity) toons that train a proc and do not apply it to their own weapon are bots.

This change makes those bots less valuable.

Period.
Why would you want to do that? If they want to proc or hone their stuff, why not? Because another player is to lazy to do the same?

Not fair again huh?

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:02 pm

Coolwatersx wrote:
8Shade wrote:What could in my eyes be a problem is that ppl will now multibox real bane toons instead of siege bots. Ppl will multibox if it gives them an edge. Having one active group and one inactive bane group ready right when the first one fails could be the next thing we will see with these changes. I don't like to multibox, so for me, this is a good change, but I am still concerned how this could turn out.
Unless they are keycloning the effectiveness of actively playing 2 characters, much less 3 or 4, has a rapidly diminishing return.

And they could always do that.

I'd rather have 10 active guys, playing one toon and paying attention than 10 active guys flipping back and forth between characters. Again, unless they are keycloning. I wish there were a way to enforce 1 account in the open gaming environment, but until there is removing as many motivations to use bots as we can is a good goal.

Why don't you understand that MORE manual clicking IE buffs = MORE MACRO's

Very simple to understand.

It's quite hilarious to see the CRT team asking for changes to hurt the solo arena, while they can still macro their bots in a group...Hilarious stuff.

Ciliano
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Ciliano » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Shadowboxer has completely stopped making sense, no need to clutter the thread with more replies trying to unnecessarily convince one dude of the merits of this change.

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Ciliano wrote:Shadowboxer has completely stopped making sense, no need to clutter the thread with more replies trying to unnecessarily convince one dude of the merits of this change.
How so? Are you saying groups will not macro a necro bot now that its a 300 second buff? Are you also saying that the change obviously hurts the solo arena more the gvg, since they will drag a necro around on macro? As well, do you believe more manual work ie clicking = less maco bots or more?

I await your dodge. :)

Bruskie
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Bruskie » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:45 pm

shadowboxer wrote:
Ciliano wrote:Shadowboxer has completely stopped making sense, no need to clutter the thread with more replies trying to unnecessarily convince one dude of the merits of this change.
How so? Are you saying groups will not macro a necro bot now that its a 300 second buff? Are you also saying that the change obviously hurts the solo arena more the gvg, since they will drag a necro around on macro? As well, do you believe more manual work ie clicking = less maco bots or more?

I await your dodge. :)[/quote

i see what shadow is saying. and i think its true. just because you nurf the buff timer is not going to change the fact it is going to be botted or not. the other thing i do see is forgemaster, ever since day one i have had active dorf priest hone my axe. that has never been a boted thing. hell i have one on my heal priest i hone my guild mates all the time. why does that need to be changed?

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Bruskie wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:

I await your dodge. :)[/quote

i see what shadow is saying. and i think its true. just because you nurf the buff timer is not going to change the fact it is going to be botted or not. the other thing i do see is forgemaster, ever since day one i have had active dorf priest hone my axe. that has never been a boted thing. hell i have one on my heal priest i hone my guild mates all the time. why does that need to be changed?

Bruskie, isn't it amazing they aren't complaining about that? I mean, any logical person knows this. The difference here is, they will still macro their bot while the solo player or 2 loses out. More of the same - selfish people doing selfish things that benefit themselves and agenda.

It's not OK for a solo player to bot, but A-OK for the groups to do it. Completely logical, do as I say not as I do mentality.

Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Colest » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Bruskie wrote:i see what shadow is saying. and i think its true. just because you nurf the buff timer is not going to change the fact it is going to be botted or not. the other thing i do see is forgemaster, ever since day one i have had active dorf priest hone my axe. that has never been a boted thing. hell i have one on my heal priest i hone my guild mates all the time. why does that need to be changed?
Because anyone with common sense realizes that a 5 min buff timer means it's going to expire in the middle of a fight. You're going to drag along an AFK Necro just to re-Void (presumable Gravechill every now and then)? Short of an IP restriction, you can't stop botting entirely but these methods make botting more difficult which causes people to weigh the benefit against either playing the toon actively or not bothering with it.

8Shade
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by 8Shade » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Most bots were just sitting inside towns with a second purpose (evac bot) and I don't see this changing anytime soon. Most ppl will just make other builds that don't require you to drag a bot around to be effective. People are lazy and a lot of those "bot buffs" are not really needed for a lot of builds for small scale, so they will stop using them. Having 5 bots who could stand inside town, you would just alt tab to them, buff your character to the fullest and run on your one active toon is much easier than dragging around 5 toons, porting with them everywhere, stucking outside of towns etc. Only those like you will macro it, but it will be less ppl than it is now. So having a smaller duration is doing exactly what it should.

And if a group macros one bot? ok, better than multiple solo guys macroing them... Or they will just play the necro actively, because why the hell not (aoe no hit snare with hr resistance, holy buffs now working drastically different with shorter duration etc.).

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Colest wrote:
Bruskie wrote:i see what shadow is saying. and i think its true. just because you nurf the buff timer is not going to change the fact it is going to be botted or not. the other thing i do see is forgemaster, ever since day one i have had active dorf priest hone my axe. that has never been a boted thing. hell i have one on my heal priest i hone my guild mates all the time. why does that need to be changed?
Because anyone with common sense realizes that a 5 min buff timer means it's going to expire in the middle of a fight. You're going to drag along an AFK Necro just to re-Void (presumable Gravechill every now and then)? Short of an IP restriction, you can't stop botting entirely but these methods make botting more difficult which causes people to weigh the benefit against either playing the toon actively or not bothering with it.

Wow - you mean stack fights aren't the norm and the bot will not be sitting there macroing? I don't think so.

Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Colest » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:36 pm

shadowboxer wrote:
Colest wrote:

Wow - you mean stack fights aren't the norm and the bot will not be sitting there macroing? I don't think so.
Huh?

Bruskie
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Bruskie » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:46 pm

Colest wrote:

4 simple steps
1. take out conc pots
2. empower all chars the conc pot stats
3. make all buffs short, very short, like 3 mins only or self only.
4. buff strippers become manna sippers and or stam sippers and or debuffers.

no more buff bots at all. done just a thought, is all i know it is extream but you could go the other way with it and just give every one of the buffs in the conc pot and then bam no buff bots. it is a hard call.

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:00 pm

Bruskie wrote:quote="shadowboxer"]

I await your dodge. :)[/quote]
just because you nurf the buff timer is not going to change the fact it is going to be botted or not. [/quote]

Yes, it is.

Shorter buffs (non-self only) will not eliminate all bots. It will absolutely discourage their use in many settings. And that appears to be the goal.

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Coolwatersx wrote:
Bruskie wrote:quote="shadowboxer"]

I await your dodge. :)
just because you nurf the buff timer is not going to change the fact it is going to be botted or not. [/quote]

Yes, it is.

Shorter buffs (non-self only) will not eliminate all bots. It will absolutely discourage their use in many settings. And that appears to be the goal.[/quote]

It certainly won't eliminate the bot's your guild will use. That's the point - it's OK to nerf stuff for the solo arena as long as you can run a necro bot in your group.

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:33 pm

shadowboxer wrote: It certainly won't eliminate the bot's your guild will use. That's the point - it's OK to nerf stuff for the solo arena as long as you can run a necro bot in your group.
I'm not surprised you don't know this, because you seem extremely comfortable popping off about things your don't seem to understand.

My guild is not playing SB. I am not playing SB. I may come back just to kill your buff bots.

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Coolwatersx wrote:
shadowboxer wrote: It certainly won't eliminate the bot's your guild will use. That's the point - it's OK to nerf stuff for the solo arena as long as you can run a necro bot in your group.
I'm not surprised you don't know this, because you seem extremely comfortable popping off about things your don't seem to understand.

My guild is not playing SB. I am not playing SB. I may come back just to kill your buff bots.

Obviously, that means "right now".

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:29 pm

shadowboxer wrote:
Coolwatersx wrote:

Obviously, that means "right now".
I played for a week or so, largely getting PL'd. The Winterblades haven't played this phase at all.

jseph1234
Snobo
Snobo

Post by jseph1234 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Starfish wrote:
Bots: We're coming for you!

Bots will be dealt one swift, decisive blow in the next balance patch. Ever dream of a Shadowbane that has no encouragement whatsoever for using bots? That's the Shadowbane we're going to try to give you in the next balance patch. Everything from Void, Resistance Buffs, Damage Absorbers, Procs, Bashers, Siege Disciplines.. etc. All of these powers and mechanics will fall back into the hands of active players and reward active play. No more will you have your group hard countered just because they logged on a Necro bot before they engaged. No more will you feel the need to box Siege characters at banes, or many dozens of bashers. Let's get stuck into the details!

I am glad to see this post from the Developers. Bots are not players and take away from the experience.

New Player Hand-Raised High.

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:37 am

The only problem with bots is shit like this. 2 people controlling all these accounts. Is CN that desperate that they need to control wizards, templars, scouts all by 1 player so they can kill mobs for 15 hours straight?

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am

Any dev's care to explain how they plan on stopping botting, when clearly this hurts the game more than a buffbot. 3 accounts - 1 player.. Do I need to double box as well accounts so I can out damage his druid healing his scout?

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:46 am

let them macro....it just gives me more things to kill....granted though when somone does have 4 aoers macroing a camp its a bit much for my main pk who has no def. i have to stay out of range and spam nukes...but that takes too long; especially if they are sentinals. A few druids are cake to kill though.

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:02 am

tooshifty wrote:let them macro....it just gives me more things to kill....granted though when somone does have 4 aoers macroing a camp its a bit much for my main pk who has no def. i have to stay out of range and spam nukes...but that takes too long; especially if they are sentinals. A few druids are cake to kill though.
Yes they are cake to kill, not on a bow scout though, one druid yes, not 2 druids and a scout. He'll just out heal your damage and rotate between 2 druids for healing. Point is, that is so broken it's not even funny. Nobody should have to sledge around a group of characters to combat 1 player because they are on a group of characters. Earlier in a different camp, 1 player had wizzy, necro, priest, bow scout and 5 druids... simply ridiculous...

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:08 am

shadowboxer wrote:
tooshifty wrote:let them macro....it just gives me more things to kill....granted though when somone does have 4 aoers macroing a camp its a bit much for my main pk who has no def. i have to stay out of range and spam nukes...but that takes too long; especially if they are sentinals. A few druids are cake to kill though.
Yes they are cake to kill, not on a bow scout though, one druid yes, not 2 druids and a scout. He'll just out heal your damage and rotate between 2 druids for healing. Point is, that is so broken it's not even funny. Nobody should have to sledge around a group of characters to combat 1 player because they are on a group of characters. Earlier in a different camp, 1 player had wizzy, necro, priest, bow scout and 5 druids... simply ridiculous...
ive killed many a scoutdruid this phase, but with ua and less dps actually than the top bow dps hunty toon... u can do it on a bow hunty too pretty well....but 2 druids an a scout are too much for a bow hunty...but for my bard i could roll that shit home.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:01 am

shadowboxer wrote:
ive killed many a scoutdruid this phase, but with ua and less dps actually than the top bow dps hunty toon... u can do it on a bow hunty too pretty well....but 2 druids an a scout are too much for a bow hunty...but for my bard i could roll that shit home.

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:26 am

shadowboxer wrote:
How many times does it have to be explained that this can't be prevented? There's dozens of threads with clear explanations why.

Even if they limit accounts to one login, people will just create multiple logins. And even if they limit IP's, people will use proxies to easily bypass this. However, if they do limit IP's then that directly hurts people who live together and play from the same household, so that's a dumb solution anyways.

It can't be done, for the thousandth time. Learn to use the gotdamn search function.

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:28 am

Blyster wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:
How many times does it have to be explained that this can't be prevented? There's dozens of threads with clear explanations why.

Even if they limit accounts to one login, people will just create multiple alt accounts. And even if they limit IP's, people will use proxies to easily bypass this. However, if they do limit IP's then that directly hurts people who live together and play from the same household, so that's a dumb solution anyways.

It can't be done, for the thousandth time. Learn to use the gotdamn search function.

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:30 am

Double-post and can't edit here for some reason. Odd.

I meant "multiple alt accounts", not multiple logins.

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:09 am

Blyster wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:

Even if they limit accounts to one login, people will just create multiple logins. And even if they limit IP's, people will use proxies to easily bypass this. However, if they do limit IP's then that directly hurts people who live together and play from the same household, so that's a dumb solution anyways.

Yes it can, I do it on the software my own company sells. You can easily limit the client to a number of instances open on 1 computer, even preventing it from running in a virtual box.

You don't want it to be done, because those your people, isn't that right Mr CN blyster?

SilentX
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by SilentX » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:32 am

Shots fired

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:11 pm

shadowboxer wrote:
Blyster wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:

Yes it can, I do it on the software my own company sells. You can easily limit the client to a number of instances open on 1 computer, even preventing it from running in a virtual box.

You don't want it to be done, because those your people, isn't that right Mr CN blyster?
You are by far the biggest retard I've ever seen on these forums with all your dumbass accusations like that. Again, use the search button for once and you'll quickly see my abhorred stance against the tactics of the PACRIM community.

And even if this emulator's devs had the capability to isolate MAC addresses, create and require digital signature certificates, and inject code that prevented virtual boxes and proxies and the use of any other possible 3rd-party program that can bypass any of these things (in both PC and Mac systems), who these days doesn't own multiple computers? I have freaking 4 of them (2 laptops and my two old towers), plus my work laptop that I can bring home if I wanted as well. Normally, though, I just play a vamp summon scout on one laptop and an assassin on the other. I don't use buffbots and virtually never have more than 2 logins at same time. IF I have a 3rd, it's sitting in town rolling gear and that's about it.

As has been stated, we are working on ways to make botting not so easy and friendly. But because there are so many ways to get around trying to limit logins, this emulator is not going to waste it's time on coding shit that will only effect some and not all, that would only end up hurting some while creating a means to an advantage for others. Instead, they are concentrating on things they can actually control that would equally effect everyone. Like game mechanics that make multiboxing for numbers, macroing, not sitting at keys, and using bots a hassle or difficult or less of an advantage.

But of course, I'm sure you'll reply with more mind numbing crying and retarded hyperbolic accusations as always.

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Blyster wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:
Blyster wrote: How many times does it have to be explained that this can't be prevented? There's dozens of threads with clear explanations why.

You are by far the biggest retard I've ever seen on these forums with all your dumbass accusations like that. Again, use the search button for once and you'll quickly see my abhorred stance against the tactics of the PACRIM community.

And even if this emulator's devs had the capability to isolate MAC addresses, create and require digital signature certificates, and inject code that prevented virtual boxes and proxies and the use of any other possible 3rd-party program that can bypass any of these things (in both PC and Mac systems), who these days doesn't own multiple computers? I have freaking 4 of them (2 laptops and my two old towers), plus my work laptop that I can bring home if I wanted as well. Normally, though, I just play a vamp summon scout on one laptop and an assassin on the other. I don't use buffbots and virtually never have more than 2 logins at same time. IF I have a 3rd, it's sitting in town rolling gear and that's about it.

As has been stated, we are working on ways to make botting not so easy and friendly. But because there are so many ways to get around trying to limit logins, this emulator is not going to waste it's time on coding Skah! that will only effect some and not all, that would only end up hurting some while creating a means to an advantage for others. Instead, they are concentrating on things they can actually control that would equally effect everyone. Like game mechanics that make multiboxing for numbers, macroing, not sitting at keys, and using bots a hassle or difficult or less of an advantage.

But of course, I'm sure you'll reply with more mind numbing crying and retarded hyperbolic accusations as always.
You obviously have ZERO programming knowledge. I suggest hanging out at stackoverflow.com. What I suggested has nothing to do with IP's or mac addresses. I suggest not commenting unless you have knowledge on the subject - which you don't. You're CN friends wouldn't like this change now would they?

Return to “Development Diary”