1.6 Objectives & Outline + Draft Notes

Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: 1.6 Objectives & Outline + Draft Notes

Post by Colest » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:35 am

cashmoneyflow wrote:
Starfish wrote:This patch will be coming in the next few weeks if everything goes to plan!
Is there a list of races with what their resists will be? Or will the wiki be updated with the info? Or will it be correctly reflected in the character creation?
What's being discussed is in these patch noted right now under a spoiler tag. Hit show and it should populate the list.

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:51 am

Colest wrote:
cashmoneyflow wrote:
Starfish wrote:This patch will be coming in the next few weeks if everything goes to plan!
Is there a list of races with what their resists will be? Or will the wiki be updated with the info? Or will it be correctly reflected in the character creation?
What's being discussed is in these patch noted right now under a spoiler tag. Hit show and it should populate the list.
Doh. Thanks

Do humans still get an extra 20 ability points or whatever it was?

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:53 am

ANY changes to human or aelfborn resists?

Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Colest » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:10 am

cashmoneyflow wrote:
Colest wrote:
cashmoneyflow wrote: Is there a list of races with what their resists will be? Or will the wiki be updated with the info? Or will it be correctly reflected in the character creation?
Doh. Thanks

Do humans still get an extra 20 ability points or whatever it was?
If it's not on the list it's not being discussed for change. No talks of any changes to humans of the half bloods currently but if a green name doesn't keep this thread updated with what has changed then I will. Currently it looks like Minos are losing the 5% movement buff and Bards are losing the 30% damage component on the chant because Commander gives them access to a 30% damage chant that stacks already.

ColdPoison
Snobo
Snobo

Post by ColdPoison » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:11 am

Blyster wrote:
ColdPoison wrote:Fire dots are the most common form of spell damage

So by Making Half Giants -20 fire you are just nerfing them.
I don't think they needed a nerf
They got +10 cold res and Bards SoS got +5 fire/cold/lightning.

So it's an overall +5 lightning, +15 cold, and -10 fire.

How the hell are you only seeing this as a nerf?????

Who uses cold?

Whenever I'm in pvp I just get hit with a bunch of fire dots

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:36 am

Blyster wrote:

being special ed as usual...your like a rat cornered by a cat. You get all aggressive and loose reason.

Fact is the resistance changes are seemingly pointless aside from causing more balance problems. And u ripped on me earlier for saying so. Acting like i spit on all the patches changes. Nope never commented on anything but the fact that resistances need no change...and it appears to serve no actual purpose.

Grow up little kitten.

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:37 am

cashmoneyflow wrote:ANY changes to human or aelfborn resists?
Nope.

If a "vanilla" race didn't get a strength and weakness enhanced/increased, then it's place in the order of circular balance didn't really change or move. It's extremely rare to even see a vanilla race in a meta, much less dominate a meta. This tells us they're already likely in a good place in the balance circle.

All of the races we did change have some aspect of their strength's bettered somehow, while we countered this by also increasing their vulnerabilities. Rock is now better at countering Scissors, Paper is now better at countering Rock, and Scissors is now better at countering Paper.

This simply helps reduce meta dominance by any one race. These were not nerfs.

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:39 am

Blyster wrote:
cashmoneyflow wrote:ANY changes to human or aelfborn resists?
Nope.

If a "vanilla" race didn't get a strength and weakness enhanced/increased, then it's place in the order of circular balance didn't really change or move. It's extremely rare to even see a vanilla race in a meta, much less dominate a meta. This tells us they're already likely in a good place in the balance circle.

All of the races we did change have some aspect of their strength's bettered somehow, while we countered this by also increasing their vulnerabilities. Rock is now better at countering Scissors, Paper is now better at countering Rock, and Scissors is now better at countering Paper.

This simply helps reduce meta dominance by any one race. These were not nerfs.
The for the info

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:41 am

ColdPoison wrote:
Blyster wrote:

Who uses cold?

he pwned ya too blyster...ya Skah!. =P

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:51 am

ColdPoison wrote:
Blyster wrote:

Who uses cold?

The starting rune that costs 4 points and once gave only +5 fire resist now gives +10 for that same 4 points. Same thing for all the starting resist runes.

And since you now get +15 more cold and +5 more lightning, maybe it's time to switch out that charmed necklace for a fire and lightning resist necklace.

You do all this and guess what, you're now up 5 lightning resist, up 5 cold resist, and up 10 fire resist than before these changes and all it cost you was a whopping 4 starting stat points and swapping out a single piece of jewelry.

I mean c'mon man, it's not like you don't have choices. Use your head.

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:57 am

tooshifty wrote:
ColdPoison wrote:
Blyster wrote: They got +10 cold res and Bards SoS got +5 fire/cold/lightning.

Who uses cold?

Dude, if you're up 15 cold res and 5 lightning res naturally, then just change your jewelry around so it's down cold and lightning and higher on fire.

And/or, spend 4 starting stat points for +10 more fire res.

ColdPoison
Snobo
Snobo

Post by ColdPoison » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Blyster wrote:
ColdPoison wrote:

Who uses cold?

The starting rune that costs 4 points and once gave only +5 fire resist now gives +10 for that same 4 points. Same thing for all the starting resist runes.

And since you now get +15 more cold and +5 more lightning, maybe it's time to switch out that charmed necklace for a fire and lightning resist necklace.

You do all this and guess what, you're now up 5 lightning resist, up 5 cold resist, and up 10 fire resist than before these changes and all it cost you was a whopping 4 starting stat points and swapping out a single piece of jewelry.

Its nice that they made starting runes better. And it nice that that made SOS better

But that's a totally separate issue to making half giants more vulnerable to the most common spell damage type

ColdPoison
Snobo
Snobo

Post by ColdPoison » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Blyster wrote:
ColdPoison wrote:

Who uses cold?

Its nice that they made starting runes better. And it nice that that made SOS better

But that's a totally separate issue to making half giants more vulnerable to the most common spell damage type

Tahllol
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Tahllol » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:41 am

So is it going to be staying as CASTER BANE like it is now with meat and everything else being useless? Since the current stack busting mechanics have made meat all but useless for fighting, with the current AOE system forcing priest and casters only.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:06 am

Blyster wrote:
tooshifty wrote:
ColdPoison wrote:

Who uses cold?

Dude, if you're up 15 cold res and 5 lightning res naturally, then just change your jewelry around so it's down cold and lightning and higher on fire.

still a pointless change on char resists. Keeep tryin'.

cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by cashmoneyflow » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:06 am

tooshifty wrote:
Blyster wrote:
tooshifty wrote:

still a pointless change on char resists. Keeep tryin'.
I like the resist changes.

Tobes
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Tobes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:49 pm

scout reconnaissance seems be broken and not applying the movement speed buff/stam regen portion

Tobes
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Tobes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:56 pm

also the priest group +50 defense buff has removed from the game? was the intentional? conc pots still include the +45 version with a shorter duration

Starfish
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Starfish » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Hey guys,

Short update for you all today on 1.6. As we refine the patch and come to terms with time constraints, we have chopped off a portion of the patch to be pushed to the next patch. The most notable part of that which has been released publicly is that there will be no Conjuror, Animator or Summoner rework with this patch, among some other individual changes being removed and other changes being greatly condensed. The following is the current state of the pre-CRT Testing notes, which are subject to change. We are still in the process of collecting CRT feedback and testing internally, before we go forward into CRT testing and finally release. We've made a lot of these reverts, tweaks or additions in view of community feedback collected over this play period, and in recent days.

Check out the current draft notes below or in the OP:

========================

General Gameplay Updates
Misc.
  • A new item, the Scroll of Knowledge has been added. This item will grant you a level of experience on use and is contained in rewards related to Outposts, Noob Island, Hotzones and the Glory system.
  • A new item, the Potion of Knowledge has been added. This item will grant you a bonus 33% Experience Rate for 1 hour upon use.
  • Underwater cities have been moved and should now be functional.
  • Psychic Shout is now group friendly, instead of 10-ally friendly. Unholy Storm, Call Lightning (Channeler), Saint Lorne's Ire and Psychic shout are now the group-friendly Area of Effect spells.
  • The 20% damage bonus to certain Damaging Aoes has been reverted. These now deal 20% less damage.
  • All Area of Effect spells have had their Radius normalised to 30 units. This is an increase for Mind Trap (Warlock Root) & Divine Word of Binding (Sentinel Big Bomb) from 20 to 30, but is otherwise a reduction for all other powers, from 40 to 30.
  • The 5/55 Rule has been reverted. All Area of Effect Spells now hit for full damage or effect on a maximum of 7 Targets.
  • Realm Charters: may now only attain these realm charters by killing R8 Mobs. R8 Mobs now announce their arrival, and spawn every 4 hours. They are less tedious to fight, resulting in quicker engagements, but are hopefully more interesting/engaging and provide more meaningful rewards.
  • Glory & Mine successes no longer grant experience. Instead, you are rewarded with an item similar to the old Fate Peddler mechanic. Have fun and good luck!
  • Glass no longer drops in Hotzones. Instead, you an item similar to the old Fate Peddler mechanic drops which has a chance to drop glass and other goodies. This item drops much more often than glass used to, and only drops in hotzones.
  • Artillerist's Field Ballista now deals Piercing damage and as such may no longer attack buildings.

Creation Runes
  • Resistance Runes now grant 10% Resistance. They will, in the future, be available as rare drops in the game.
  • Weaponline Bonus Runes now grant +10 Weapon Skill.
  • Blood of the Desert (Irekei Racial Rune) now gives +5% Fire and +5% Movement Speed. This rune may in the future be found as a rare drop ingame.

Race
  • Racial spell resistances have been normalised to be +/- 20 resistance to help make Race more of an impact on your character and accentuate unique decisions, all the while reducing confusion regarding the resistances. See below for races' new resist spreads, as some new weaknesses have been added to races..
  • Minotaur Mental Resistance has been adjusted from -10 to -20, Minotaur additionally now have -20 Poison Resistance.
  • Irekei no longer have 10% bonus movement speed, and have -20% Cold Resistance down from -10%. We will look at future updates to Blood Prophet & Sun Dancer instead.
  • Vampire Resistance profile changed to +20 Poison/Cold/Unholy & -20 Holy/Fire, +20 Healing.
  • Half Giant Resistance profile is now +20 Cold / -20 Fire.
  • Aracoix Resistance profile is now +20 Mental / -20 Lightning.
  • Centaur Resistance profile is now -20 Unholy. Additionally, the -5% movement speed reduction imposed in RiF 1.0 has been removed.
  • Elf Resistance profile is now +20 Magic / Holy & -20 Healing / Bleeding.
  • Shade Resistance profile is now +20 Unholy / Poison & -20 Holy.
  • Nephilim Resistance profile is now +20 Lightning / Fire, -20 Holy/ -20 Magic.
  • Dwarves no longer gain Juggernaut at creation.
  • Dwarf resistance profile has been changed to +10 Slashing, +10 Piercing, -10 Crushing (Negative value!), +20 Lightning, -20 Magic, -20 Unholy. From: +10 to all physical, +5 lightning, -5 Magic/Unholy.

Crafting
  • Resource costs for crafting of all ranks will be reduced. This does not include expansion resources (Obsidian, Bloodstone, Galvor, Wormwood), which will remain the same.

Outposts
  • 6 Outposts have been enabled. Capture them for your nation to earn the ability to teleport to the Outpost, use its Shrines to gain Rank 1 Boons or use its unique benefits such as proximity to a Runegate.
  • Capture Outposts by killing the Outpost Lord. Outposts will be difficult to take without sufficient force (3-5 people). Some Outposts will require greater force than that. (5-10)
  • Once captured, an Outpost may not change hands for (TBA) hours. If your Outpost is under attack, you will be notified.
  • Successfully taking an Outpost will grant you an Outpost Reward Package. It will contain a variety of rewards.
  • Outposts have Votaries that grant bonuses to your character in exchange for a weakness.
Spires
  • ATR & DEF debuff spires have been slightly reduced in potency to -15% through to -30%.
Class & Discipline Updates
Assassin
  • Shadowmantle has been adjusted to have a 15s Cooldown, down from 30s.
Bard
  • Song of Spring has been increased from +15 Elemental Resistance to +20 Elemental Resistance.
Crusader
  • Sanctuary of Faith now lasts for 10 seconds, up from 6. Cooldown increased from 30s to 60s.
  • Sanctuary of Faith now Wards against Holy, but no longer Wards against Unholy damage. The power is now also tagged as a chant, and as such may be blocked by Silence.
Doomsayer
  • Leech of Souls' Cooldown has been increased from 30 to 60s.
  • Leech of Souls' Cast Time has been lowered to 3s from 4. Leech of Souls' Effect duration has been increased from 15s to 30s.
Druid
  • Breath of Spring healing increased by 33%. Mana cost has been reduced from 240 base to 140 base.
  • Breath of Spring now also Wards against Unholy damage in addition to its current Bleeding, Poison & Fire.
Priest
  • A bug with Tend the Wounded has been fixed. Its cast time is now 2.5 instead of 3, which was a bug.
Disciplines
  • Enchanter's Infuse with Power has been reworked into "Twist Fate", a single target Snare Dispel & Movement Buff, and Area of Effect Movement Buff Dispel & Snare. This power basically removes the snare on your target friendly, infuses him with a short burst of movement speed and at the same time dispels the run buff of enemies immediately near your target friendly, and applies a powerful short snare to them.
  • Darksworn's Blight of Chaos has been reworked into Devour Spirit, a Single Target Mana to Health Drain - damages the targets mana and gives you an equal amount of health. Based on restoration. 2.5s Cast, 12s Cooldown.
  • Darksworn's Corrupt the Mind has been reworked into Suppress Faith, a Single Target "Cannot Cast Summon" Power. It lasts for 120s and has a 30s cooldown, 1.5s Cast Time. It cannot be dispelled.
  • Darksworn's Corrupt the Body has been reworked into Winds of Woe, a Personal Heal & PBAoE Bleed Damage. It has a 1.5s Cast Time, heals the caster for an amount of health and deals that amount of health in damage to (very) nearby enemies as bleeding damage. Based on Restoration.
  • Sanctifier's Sacred Fortification power has been reworked into "Unwavering Faith", a personal Stun Immunity power. This power is dispelled by any "powerful" (9s+ duration) stuns - absorbing the stun, but protects the caster from lesser stuns without being broken.
  • Forgemaster's Harden Armor no longer grants Crushing resistance.

Again, please note these are internal notes and may change before release. Thanks all!

Dauntius
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by Dauntius » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:05 pm

"Dwarves no longer gain Juggernaut at creation"

Will existing Dwarves have this removed? Or is this only for Dwarves created after the patch
Same question for the Racial resistances

Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Colest » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Dauntius wrote:"Dwarves no longer gain Juggernaut at creation"

Will existing Dwarves have this removed? Or is this only for Dwarves created after the patch
Same question for the Racial resistances
Existed dwarves will not have this removed, only dwarves created after the patch; however, racial resists will apply retroactively to characters created before the patch. I think it's just too difficult to remove a rune from characters. It should be noted that dwarves created before will still get the +Lightning, -Unholy, -Magic and I believe they'll also have +20 slash, +20 pierce, and -5 crushing because their racial resists will be added together with Juggernaut.

xxxpaintball
Snobo
Snobo

Post by xxxpaintball » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:50 am

"How about a Nephilim hood with 20% hp recovery, similar to the Diamon fiend skull cap." -Jeremy

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:54 am

xxxpaintball wrote:"How about a Nephilim hood with 20% hp recovery, similar to the Diamon fiend skull cap." -Jeremy
I think one of each flavor would be nice.

10 int 20 mr
10 con 20 hr
10 dex 20 sr

Something like that. Very low priority though.

gradeyshane
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by gradeyshane » Fri May 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Yeah more Neph caps would be pimping.

Doomslappa
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Doomslappa » Sun May 03, 2015 2:37 pm

im really happy you guys gave bards 35 dagger skills.. but they have no class daggers... seriously feel as though bard has been ruined as a playable toon right now.. you too Dark Knight away from bards... well thats great that we have 35 dagger skills but where do u expect the defense cut to come from now with no Dark Knight.. PLEASE give bards on par staff skill or give them a class dagger AND GIVE THEM DK back.

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Sun May 03, 2015 2:49 pm

Doomslappa wrote:im really happy you guys gave bards 35 dagger skills.. but they have no class daggers... seriously feel as though bard has been ruined as a playable toon right now.. you too Dark Knight away from bards... well thats great that we have 35 dagger skills but where do u expect the defense cut to come from now with no Dark Knight.. PLEASE give bards on par staff skill or give them a class dagger AND GIVE THEM DK back.
You could just dispel all of their buffs.

Doomslappa
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Doomslappa » Sun May 03, 2015 3:01 pm

[/quote]
You could just dispel all of their buffs.[/quote]

replace one blind with 9 dispels.. and hope your still alive.. woohoo sounds great to me

Doomslappa
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Doomslappa » Sun May 03, 2015 3:01 pm

[/quote]
You could just dispel all of their buffs.[/quote]

replace one blind with 9 dispels.. and hope your still alive.. woohoo sounds great to me

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Sun May 03, 2015 5:47 pm

When were Bards able to take DK? I thought it was always a fighter only disc.

Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Coolwatersx » Sun May 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Here's a hint:

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... ch_History

(Bards couldn't ever take DK).

Happy now?

Return to “Development Diary”