As you know, SBEmu 2.0 will be moving more towards a classic standard for class balance. Here's a little snapshot of what we were aiming to keep and remove:
Remove massive, in your face reworks and things that have greatly toyed with how a class plays
- Vorg Gear goes back to 24.3
- Confessor, Prelate, Druid, Channeler, Crusader & Bard go back to 24.3
- Auxilary go back to 24.3: Warlock, Doomsayer, Nightstalker, Ranger
- Sentinel goes back to 24.3
- Damage buffs go back to 24.3
- Resistance buffs go back to 24.3
- We remove extra cost for rolling gear
- We revert to Vorringia Mapset
- It should be noted that the above few lines are about 50-70% of our patch notes for 1.5/6. They encompass a couple hundred lines of patch.
We keep much of our content and our smaller, precision based balance changes that are in line with 24.3, additionally keeping our discipline work. Keep in mind the Multibox solution, Siege Bonus solution and win condition would also have to be worked into this:
- Itemisation changes (Agate gear, normalised resource costs)
- Mines functionality (revolving windows, 30 minute windows, etc)
- Outposts, though not enabled until a future patch (ie not at launch)
- Newb Island functionality
- Glory system
- Shadowmantle nerf
- Root nerf
- Damage Absorber buff
- Potions only usable while stationary
- Song of Spring & Charmed nerf. Though less heavy; SoS to +30/30/30.
- Work on Disciplines
- QoL adjustments (stance working when not in combat etc)
- Base Healer adjustments (Contagion, Blessed Healing) & Priest mana cost adjustments
- Racial adjustments (resistances, buffs eg Shade or reductions eg Dwarf)
- Weapon Power adjustments (durations, QoL improvements)
- Attacking while in air takes more stamina
- Stacking DEF buffs
- Throwing "bug fix" from 1.7
As part of 2.0, we'll be polishing our RiF newb isle experience from our Dalgoth mapset and transferring it onto Vorringia with some major improvements. Check our aims and problems out first to understand why we wanted to polish the system up a bit:
- Problem: Noob Isle on Vorringia is a much different shape than Dalgoth. We can't fit so many cities or zones onto it.
- Problem: Some people didn't feel Noob Island was as fast as PLing, especially when one "faction" was dominating in population and ganking the other.
- Problem: There doesn't seem to be a massive benefit to defending your Outpost if you're just looking to level fast and get off the island.
- Problem: On Dalgoth, one or two of the three factions were hugely populated while the other 1 or 2 were lowly populated. This undermined the content and the Outposts were kept by one nation for a long time.
- Problem: Levelling a new character was confusing and slow, especially if you hadn't any potions.We believe these updates will help incentivize the content on Noob Island as well as provide major counterweights to overpopulated/winning factions. Lower level characters will also find levelling here more pleasant and more competitive. In addition, it should incentivise new character creation by speeding up the process majorly.
- There are now 2 Noob Island factions instead of 3 on Vorringia. There will be 3 zones on Vorringia. There will still be 3 Factionholds and 4 zones on Dalgoth.
- All characters below level 21 will receive a 5x health regeneration, 3x mana regeneration and 3x stamina regeneration bonus while on Noob Island. This will allow you to level even without potions with minimal downtime. In addition, characters below level 21 will receive a 20% resistance bonus while on Noob Island, allowing them to compete with higher level characters.
- If all of the Outposts/Keeps on Noob Island are captured by one nation, a chain of events will start:
- The keeps & outposts will all be set to neutral. No one will own them.
- All characters on noob island will be teleported back to their faction hold.
- All characters belonging to the nation that unified the outposts (ie the nation that owned them all) will receive 3 levels immediately.
- All characters belonging to the nation that had none of the outposts will receive a massive, 3 minute long speed boost to help them get back out into the action. They will also receive a small combat bonus for one hour.
- A serverwide message will be sent to the entire online playerbase. It will indicate that a new campaign on Noob Island will begin, and that all Noob Island Zones will be Hotzones for the next hour.
- Finally, any character that makes it to level 34 (the last level for Noob Island) while on Noob Island will receive a 33% Experience Buff for 3 hours. This gives you an incentive to continue levelling to the end on Noob Island, and will make levelling on Mainland or even being PLed much much faster.
Finally, apart from the above Noob Island update, Vorringia will remain mostly unchanged. The only thing you will notice is that Northern Ice is now a hinterland (blue land) with no zones in it, due to our commitment to limiting the number of duplicate zones. The landmasses, zone compositions, etc have been unchanged otherwise. Same old Vorringia; small map with a good runegate system for travel.
That's it! Thank you for reading all. We're so excited to bring you this update!