Cant say i didnt warn ya

chimpy
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Cant say i didnt warn ya

Post by chimpy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:30 pm

chet wrote:Funny isnt it? Many years ago I warned everyone here about the dangers of letting starfail/daymar (who may not even be a real individual) have their way with this once aspirant project

Then people got banned and things got goofy. That is what happens when you let players who admittedly dislike banes and PVP run the show.
And the freaking catering, I mean come ON.

Hedge
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Hedge » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Regardless of all that hoopla;

non working banes rly sucked.
"I don't really do that much besides smoke because that's what happens once you win at all aspects of life effortlessly." - Hedge
Your signature contains 420 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 69.

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:30 pm

is that tracy mcgrady?
MrZoneSix

Clutch77
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Clutch77 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:28 pm

I came back to the game and I was more than happy to push and be a driving force for the production upgrades. The changes to the game that followed afterwards changed the EMU away from what it once was. Once Chet sent his warning the game remained fun until the major changes started taking place. Instead of listening to the people in the community about "how to keep people involved", it seems like they went way overboard and tried to cater to new safe holds which crashed the server so many times I didnt want to log in anymore, character class changes, power changes, Vorg drops, glass drops, skill changes.... CHANGED TOO MUCH!!! The game was designed to be controlled by the population not by the developers and there are a lot of people that have left due to many of these changes that have been made. When I have time, I still like playing Shadowbane but I really dont have the time to even think about playing to be honest. I am consistently swamped with Code, Databases, Servers, Networks and teaching those who are not Tech Savy. The Voice I once had in the EMU was ruined forever when I found the truth that was a well kept secret. Chet did warn us and very few listened to what he was saying. It was Not like me to side with the Chet but on many occasions what he was actually saying needed to be evaluated and not taken lightly. Those that got sick of his Skah! well... he told you all more than once you would regret what you have done. This is the one project I got involved with that had entirely too much secret behind the scenes Skah! going on. RichV, see ya when you make it this way again, always good to catch up!

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:45 pm

lolwut

Jellyfish - GL :: Order of the Pink Pansies - IC :: House of Errants - FM

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:44 pm

I said it 2 years ago, the retarded changes will ruin the game, nope didn't bother to take my advice and the ship sank. Shoulda kept last version of release.
Express Tunnel Service - Vengeance/Carnage Server
QFT - Mourning Server

Anklebiter
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Anklebiter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Every successful game has changes wow / eq = if you dont the game gets stagnant . The changes did not ruin shadowbane they are great changes = outposts beter disc powers etc ok maybe vorg lil too overpowered now but in general changes are like an expansion . What ruined sb is lack of intrest bye dev team , going too long between whipes .
All these people complaing that changes ruined sb rofl look at magicbane original sb and dead as emulator ! So how can the changes have ruined sb when the unchanged server is dead also? Please tell me why the original unchanged game is dead how did the changes ruin that????

Teddie
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Teddie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Is there even a server up lol been forever since I checked in on either project and they look dead/non working like last time.
Teddie
QFT

didiao
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by didiao » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:12 am

anyone alive?
GL of BDLG

Fugger
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Fugger » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:11 pm

EMU was fun, it died like things eventually do. Had a good run.

BeanCurd
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by BeanCurd » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Couple of the changes was alright ideas but most were just god awful. First couple years of this project were amazing until people starting getting banned for dumb Skah!. RIP to SBemu, was fun while it lasted.

Skorpion
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Skorpion » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:21 am

Individuals getting banned didnt cause the de-population of the playerbase. I know your egos will argue to the contrary but... the simple truth is that the lagfest banes/mines did this project in. That and the projects inability(Seemingly) to listen to consensus. I mean, the game had to die at some point but not like this. A slow, painful, self inflicted, pathetic death. Like choking yourself until you die like a retard.
Skorpion RYLaH

Skoot
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Skoot » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm grateful for this EMU and MB both. Great times had on both servers, will miss this game dearly.
MrZoneSix

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:52 pm

RIP shadowbane

Jellyfish - GL :: Order of the Pink Pansies - IC :: House of Errants - FM

Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Armegeddon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:47 am

The game has been dead for a while really. I tried playing again, but gave up on it. My memories of it are far better than the game actually is. It's kind of like your first piece of [fluffy bunnies]. There are too many games out there that are better. Mortal Online was good, I play Gloria Victus now and am having a good time, at least until CrowFall comes out and is playable for an extended period of time. As much as I enjoy the memories, the game simply isn't worth coming back to. I do however applaud both teams for the work they put in in keeping it alive.

The only thing that could save it is a license (See Darkfall, Dark & Light) where you could actually add content and advertise to bring in a new population. Unfortunately,that isn't going to happen.

AdamWest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by AdamWest » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Vervandi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:09 pm

chet wrote:Funny isnt it? Many years ago I warned everyone here about the dangers of letting starfail/daymar (who may not even be a real individual) have their way with this once aspirant project.
If it took many years for you to reap the rewards of an "I told you so", that's a really low return on investment.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."

Fugger
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Fugger » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:24 pm

goofybane was fun, the last 2 phases were the best SB i played since pay2play

The lack of progress on the set back and the insane multiboxing escalation ultimately killed it

ReTuNe
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by ReTuNe » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Vervandi wrote:
chet wrote:Funny isnt it? Many years ago I warned everyone here about the dangers of letting starfail/daymar (who may not even be a real individual) have their way with this once aspirant project.
If it took many years for you to reap the rewards of an "I told you so", that's a really low return on investment.
Somethings never change still grinding out the ole victory by attrition. Cheddorz is still seeking Validation through lame [fluffy bunnies] morale victories.

kong664852
Snobo
Snobo

Post by kong664852 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:22 am

Return to “Political Archive”