Wrong casting mechanics

General Combat bugs and discussions. Bugs that aren't specific to a skill or power.

Moderator: Test Team

Alinoe
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Wrong casting mechanics

Post by Alinoe » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:42 am

Forum Date/Time: 19.02.2014 3:35 pm

Server Rev #: 5735

World Location Coordinates, Macrozone, Microzone: n/a

Character Information (race, class, level): any caster ( Templar )

Bug Summary: Casting spell should stops mele attack and auto tracking enemy. Caster cannot cast any spel when he attack target firstly via mele , and target running away from him.

Steps to Reproduce: You can try on any mob/player attack him via sword , he need run away from you and try cast spell.

Additional information: On live servers , any action like casting stops auto tracking.

Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Re: Wrong casting mechanics

Post by Telemakus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:21 pm

Alinoe wrote:Forum Date/Time: 19.02.2014 3:35 pm

Bug Summary: Casting spell should stops mele attack and auto tracking enemy. Caster cannot cast any spel when he attack target firstly via mele , and target running away from him.

Steps to Reproduce: You can try on any mob/player attack him via sword , he need run away from you and try cast spell.

Additional information: On live servers , any action like casting stops auto tracking.

I actually remember this differently. I remember having to click the ground to plant myself before starting a spell so I wouldn't try and chase and ruin the cast. I think there was a way to turn off auto-chasing though.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Grapes
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Grapes » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:12 am

Telemakus wrote:
Alinoe wrote:Forum Date/Time: 19.02.2014 3:35 pm

I actually remember this differently. I remember having to click the ground to plant myself before starting a spell so I wouldn't try and chase and ruin the cast. I think there was a way to turn off auto-chasing though.

theres a "combat close" button in the actions/interactions on the menu, this should stop auto tracking
give a man a beer and he'll entertain you.
hold a mans beer and he'll entertain the world.
How to Join SBEmu | Report a Bug | Wiki | Facebook

Alinoe
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Alinoe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:58 am

I understand your point , but it really working in different way than should , it was even work as should in previous CB servers. Let me explain it more detailed. Lets imagine situation , Templar engage to enemy and starting to hit by sword, he starting casts spell, enemy running from templar, templar stops casting spell because auto-cheasing function exibit him to continue mele attacks. This part is wrong , it was and should be like that. If you start casting spell , your character shouldn't move since this casting wasn't finished, he still can attack by sword but only in situation when enemy is on mele range, or player will not repeat chasing target ( for excample spamming shortcut attack button ).

Return to “Combat General Forum”