cant log in

Post by EnjoyUrTunnel » Thu May 10, 2018 10:34 am

followed instructions have account verified keep getting server is busy

kymatius
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: cant log in

Post by kymatius » Wed May 30, 2018 10:37 am

Can't Login telling me to use the SBE launcher. Using the 64bit launcher and running it as admin with a verified account that was able to play on at one time. I have the correct ArcaneIP and it updated but can't login. Help!

komafpriest
Snobo
Snobo

Post by komafpriest » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:34 am

You aren't the only one. Apparently something's up and there just might be no one working the project - other than a few snide remarks I got from my own frustrations on discord - minus support, of course.

komafpriest
Snobo
Snobo

Post by komafpriest » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:46 am

Place the contents of the zip file (not the folder itself) in your Shadowbane Directory. Where sb.exe is.
Run the Launcher program. If your client is out-of-date you will see several files downloaded.
Once the downloads are complete, copy the MAC Address and the Authorization Code and place them in their respective fields (above).
Click the 'Update' button. This verifies you placed a valid pair into the input boxes.
Once your status reflects 'Verified,' you are ready to play. Click the 'Play' button to launch Shadowbane.

Btw, don't forget to do all this as well - as to a play button, I never saw one, though I did see "verified." Still didn't work of course and then I thought, what's up that it's this complicated?

The answer is this can be made to be a more simple process. This takes time and an understanding of the coding, however, which with all respect, I'm guessing might be lacking for the devs. Why else would this emulator be so much more UN-user friendly while every other emu I've tried is easy to access even for noob non-programmer types such as myself.

komafpriest
Snobo
Snobo

Post by komafpriest » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:56 am

Ok, since no one else has a link for the slower folks such as myself, I'd like to see the people who can't get in at least have a user friendly tip here:

Once you download SB, go into your SB folder and click on the 32 bit or (more likely per your system) 64_bit client.

Open the website forums

Goto LAUNCHER page (you should now have your launcher page open which you'll see on the forum links for the SB emu main website AND> you should have the SB folder open...because you're going to be transferring data from one to the other...)

See those empty boxes on the upper left and the UNVERIFIED on your LAUNCHER page (from website)?

Again, make sure you've clicked on the 64_bit client link in the SB folder...Once you see the update into from you 64_bit client, copy paste that data onto the launch page empty boxes: THIS INCLUDES MaC CODE AND AUTHORIZATION

Click verify - and hopefully you see verified.

Wait 5-10 minutes, close everything out.

Now, go back into your SB folder and launch from the 64_bit (or 32 if you need) and wait for update, ready to play....then click play.

NOW...you should be able to login.

Good luckk

Tybalt
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Tybalt » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Not at straightforward as I'm sure most people are used to with the other emulators and previous version of this project in addition to live. From my understanding, it is to prevent boxing clients. Seems to be a fairly consistent hurdle for players attempting to connect. Perhaps the connection instructions on the main page (https://shadowbaneemulator.com/) would assist making this initial procedure more accessible.

Here is the link to verify your MAC and Auth Code; the directions are stated again below your entry:

app.php/launcherv2

chimpy
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by chimpy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:42 pm

There are specific instructions both on the Launcher page and here: https://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/ ... p:Contents

PYROLIZR
Snobo
Snobo

Post by PYROLIZR » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:07 am

Hi, I just followed all the instructions, was verified hours ago, still can't log in :(

Return to “General Discussion”