Numbers dwindling any idea on server wipe?

tawdry
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Numbers dwindling any idea on server wipe?

Post by tawdry » Fri May 25, 2018 7:48 pm

So theres been a marked falloff in people logging in as usual latest figure is around 40 will the server be reset soon?
Are there any solutions in the works to combat the decay that sets in within a few days of launch.
Something has to be done to stop massive nations from forming all it does is create a second massive nation to counter it and then thats it for the game.
Also this is the only game that encourages people to not play it no real need for gold no real need to do mines no real need to be out looking for equipment no real need to log in at all cept for an occational bane(if u in one of the two big nations).

Need to get some fresh blood in and a game thats based on player conflict but that no one needs to play will not really draw anyone new in.

bisabob
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Numbers dwindling any idea on server wipe?

Post by bisabob » Sat May 26, 2018 11:21 pm

Couldnt be better stated

Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Armegeddon » Wed May 30, 2018 2:30 pm

It is what it is at this point. Both servers deal with it. There is no real way to get "fresh blood" minus somehow getting a license for the game, which isn't happening. The problem is inherent to the game's design unfortunately. Most have moved on. By no means am I suggesting you give up on this project... but.. in downtime I highly recommend you try Crowfall.

Patch 5.6 Just launched... this last weekend was a blast. Lords of Death/Undead Lords/House Avari(Hyshen) rep Chaos, Non SB guilds rep Balance and Winterblades reps Order Faction. Others are getting ready to spool up or have started including TSP and LotD among others. It's Three faction now but it will eventually be SB rules, Free City Placement and Guild Vs. Guild. There willl also be a three faction ruleset for all the DAoC fans and eventually a 12 faction rule set.

Disclaimer is it is still in a "Alpha" state of development, but it is still very much "playable" to include Fort and Castle seiges. Castles require a bane.

https://crowfall.com/en/

boldseattle
Snobo
Snobo

Post by boldseattle » Wed May 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Crowfail does not equal SB... go ahead and try playing it lol. All that needs to be said

Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Armegeddon » Wed May 30, 2018 4:35 pm

boldseattle wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:17 pm
Crowfail does not equal SB... go ahead and try playing it lol. All that needs to be said
I do, have been since hunger dome. Now if you have a potato as a rig, you will be out of luck i guess. But it is not the same, you are right. It's better, even in this early state. The combat actually takes some modicom of skill and is vastly superior.... unless you're "stuck on" tab target crutches.

This was from two patches ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyqPUZj ... nel=Phylor

This was from this weekend.
https://youtu.be/f_UgmfWDqBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2icPVrq ... e=youtu.be

Now optimization isn't done, it will not be until later. but right now you can have 20 v 20 with the max server cap at 95. But hey, believe your own lying eyes, bad comp or lack of skill.

ArminApoc
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by ArminApoc » Wed May 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Maybe cap the number of toons allowed under a single nation flag, and not allow healing or buffing between separate nations? This may stop the big nations from forming?

boldseattle
Snobo
Snobo

Post by boldseattle » Wed May 30, 2018 5:05 pm

Hm, that is called an opinion. But your effort to recruit on a Shadowbane forum is interesting enough lol... To say Crowfail is better, and a great mmo to play, even better than shadowbane is 100% opinion. You do realize that right? lol And when I rebuttal-ed to your original post... Can you guess what that was? An opinion. LOL You can't change my personal opinion of something when a opinion is purely formed from an experience of playing whatever game you'd like to play at that time.

IE: Opinion: a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Again, Ill say this, CrowFail is garbage. But play it first and make your own OPINION about it. lol Probably shouldn't recruit off Shadowbane forums either, I mean if you say what you say it is... then it should accumulate way more than enough players needed.. right? Just like all good MMO's do.

Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Armegeddon » Wed May 30, 2018 8:00 pm

boldseattle wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:05 pm
Probably shouldn't recruit off Shadowbane forums either, I mean if you say what you say it is... then it should accumulate way more than enough players needed.. right? Just like all good MMO's do.
Not recruiting. I'm not an officer, and there is a process to even get accepted in my guild. We don't mass recruit, as a matter of fact we've pretty much shut it down. Point is, I have seen this on both forums.... repeatedly. Nothing is changing.. It's a great memory. SB is what it is. Nothing more, warts and all... but it is what it is and what it always will be.,... a chase to a dead end. Find a new game or quit Skah! and enjoy the nostalgia.

I was posting to give people options that may not have been aware. One of the vids I posted, if you care to watch, is by Blazzen, from LOD, our current factional "enemy". But you probably have no idea who that is..... go figure.

That being said, yes everyone has an opinion,...but... if my opinion is an option vs. you offering... well... Nothing but Skah! and moaning about the same dead end road that has plagued this game since befor close? Well.... its you that look foolish.

For any old vets that may revisit the site, feel free to check Crowfall out. Compare the video footage of fights I posted, skill and fluidity of combat to the stackbane videos posted by the remnants of "what is left" (On either site), and you decide for yourself.

This is not a Recruitment effort, think of it more as a PSA.

boldseattle
Snobo
Snobo

Post by boldseattle » Thu May 31, 2018 12:20 am

Probably should express and share your feelings about Crowfail on a different thread, I mean this one was titled: Numbers dwindling any idea on server wipe?

Serya
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Serya » Thu May 31, 2018 11:36 am

+1 for wipe

carlbandits
Snobo
Snobo

Post by carlbandits » Thu May 31, 2018 3:12 pm

+2 for wipe!

ArminApoc
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by ArminApoc » Thu May 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Why is it so hard to incorporate the game mechanics and ideologies of SB into a game with a better, more stable graphics engine? Like everything else the gaming industry is moving toward a more "politically correct" agenda, and pay for an advantage type games. I sit here most nights staring at my PC searching for some decent game that doesn't allow players to buy better gear with cash instead of working in the game, and still haven't found anything that comes close to Shadowbane, may it R.I.P.

SitaroPollo1
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by SitaroPollo1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:19 pm

i dont see any reason for the wipe!

nice gameplay.
------------------------------

Anklebiter
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Anklebiter » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:19 pm

how can u say that sitaropollo ? there is literly 20-40 tunes on at peek hours so thats like 10 people and there bots
please whipe
please whipe
it will be 6 months at july --- 2 whipes a year is about right
so please whipe no one playing

SitaroPollo1
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by SitaroPollo1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:30 am

im lvling my new ALT and il lvling new alt after reset.

Return to “General Discussion”