Moderator: Test Team

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

witch sight

Post by tooshifty » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:08 am

sver: 5697
charector: viscerJin
bug: witch sight is only showing charectors that have 16 point invisibilities or less. I am also unable to attack invisible charectors that i can see.
steps to reproduce: try to see any mage with lvl 20 invis. try to attack any invis character you see.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: witch sight

Post by zenjah » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:44 am

It is only supposed to let you see PR15 invisibility and below. It never let you see JM invis.
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

MrDlckNose
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by MrDlckNose » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:52 am

This is incorrect on live I had it on vampire wizzy and it worked fine. I was always accused of hacking it was funny

Remember, it's better to be an underdog and surprise everyone than the other way around.
On Mourning we as Concordia found ourselves getting corned again and again by better guilds like Storms of Dark Territory.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:03 am

zenjah wrote:It is only supposed to let you see PR15 invisibility and below. It never let you see JM invis.

pretty sure its supposed to see 20...otherwise it has no purpose and they would need to implement +5 see invis on jewlery. Regardless of that you are still unable to attack charactors that you see with it.

also if its only 15 on live, then they could also have it stack with bh eyes. it would still only be 35 see invis.
Last edited by tooshifty on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:04 am

zenjah wrote:It is only supposed to let you see PR15 invisibility and below. It never let you see JM invis.
^
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Teerlys
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Teerlys » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:10 am

Moco wrote:
^
This is how I remember it as well. It was always a useless trait.
Bleed for me.
This calls for a subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence.

Omnius
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Omnius » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:51 pm

It was originally a 20 power. I recall it being changed during the changes to Mage stealth powers.

Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Blyster » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:28 pm

tooshifty wrote:

pretty sure its supposed to see 20...otherwise it has no purpose and they would need to implement +5 see invis on jewlery. Regardless of that you are still unable to attack charactors that you see with it.

also if its only 15 on live, then they could also have it stack with bh eyes. it would still only be 35 see invis.
Yeah that's just not how it works at all. It doesn't stack with BH R20 detect and never did or could. Otherwise scouts would just take it at creation and train detect to 20 and save 20 trains, and everyone else would just take it at creation along with BH detect and make scouts completely worthless.

When they changed mage stealth to R20 and added BH detect, they reduced witch sight to R15, making it just as useless as it was initially.

If it were able to see R20, it would be OP as fuck and everyone would take it.

Return to “Races and Character Creation”