Weaponline Race Bonus and login

Moderator: Test Team

Streamind
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Weaponline Race Bonus and login

Post by Streamind » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:21 pm

When logging in a character with a racial bonus to weaponskill, the loading sequence somehow causes the character to put an equipped item into inventory when the character does not have enough skill to equip the item without the racial bonus. I'm assuming it has to do with the order that things are loaded in. (I don't know about programming)

Example: Dwarf gains +10 hammer skill. Equips 25% Gilded scepter. Logs into game, equipped hammer is placed into inventory, because character doesn't have high enough hammerskill. After the game has loaded, the same problem does not occur. I've observed this happening with a dwarf and an elf character so far.

This is not particularly significant, but it can result to the loss of an equipped item, if you log in to a city that is camped by enemies.

Considering that a lot of dwarves use gilded scepters, this is probably reported somewhere already, but I didn't find the thread, so here's one. I don't know what the exact cause is, racial bonus is an assumption.

Amaz
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Re: Weaponline Race Bonus and login

Post by Amaz » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:16 pm

That's an interesting observation.

It might be part of the problem, its certainly not the whole story, because when I log my deflar in (130% block) I always find his shield in his inventory, similarly by axe/shield mino warrior.

Thanks I will look at that a bit closer when I get time.
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Adron
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Adron » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:29 pm

Same thing with F/Warlock and shield, and warlocks do get +10 block on promote.

Same thing with Irekei Bard SD, UA = 100, khans in pack on login.

Ajsme
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by Ajsme » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:41 am

All fighters get a +15% block bonus - not sure if Templars get any bonus themselves

Return to “Races and Character Creation”