question about potential bug

Moderator: Test Team

Braxis
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

question about potential bug

Post by Braxis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 pm

not sure if anyone has deleted a toon and then tried using the same name again.

is there an amount of time that needs to pass before that name becomes available again after deletion?

example: rolled character, named it, deleted it, 1 hour later created same character/name, came up as already taken.

Kenos
Snobo
Snobo

Re: question about potential bug

Post by Kenos » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:16 am

Someone might have stolen from you. Deleted my own bad rolls twice or three times since i've been unable to play and as such have been doing creation math. no problems re-creating.
-Kenos//Minotaurus//Templar//Celebria-

Candi
Retired Test Team Lead
Retired Test Team Lead

Post by Candi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 am

Braxis wrote:not sure if anyone has deleted a toon and then tried using the same name again.

is there an amount of time that needs to pass before that name becomes available again after deletion?

example: rolled character, named it, deleted it, 1 hour later created same character/name, came up as already taken.
This was an issue on Vorringia, haven't encountered it myself on Dalgoth nor has anyone reported that issue. Given that, I suggest you try rolling the main name again using same steps and another toon in same manner. If both have same results, please submit a bug report using the format Alyriel had posted in the beta section. I too will try it tomorrow as well.

Braxis
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by Braxis » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:16 pm

problem solved, hit the wrong server when i created. seems the name wasn't taken on closedbeta but IS taken on closedbetadalgoth

Candi
Retired Test Team Lead
Retired Test Team Lead

Post by Candi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:09 am

Ok, had tried it earlier but wasn't able to replicate. Glad "issue" is fixed :) .

Return to “Races and Character Creation”