Elf Mage Doomy Archmage questions

Moderator: Test Team

DoolinDalton
Snobo
Snobo

Post by DoolinDalton » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:41 pm

So the Doomsayer page says they cannot take Archmage, but Archmage page says they can. Can they?

Also, does Litany of Will and VOP stack?

Not sure why this is peaking my interest.

Amaz
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Re: Elf Mage Doomy Archmage questions

Post by Amaz » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:44 pm

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... /Doomsayer

That says Archmage on the right in the box.

Yes you can have an archmage doomie.

And I am almost certain they stack:
Litany of Will
Stackability: Can be stacked with any spell other than itself.
Ground bound, cloth wearing, flimsy character that disables their healers really fast - going to be the #1 on anyone's target list ;-)
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Vivitron
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Vivitron » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:19 am

Yes and yes.
Amaz wrote:http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... /Doomsayer

That says Archmage on the right in the box.

Yes you can have an archmage doomie.

And I am almost certain they stack:
Litany of Will
Stackability: Can be stacked with any spell other than itself.
Ground bound, cloth wearing, flimsy character that disables their healers really fast - going to be the #1 on anyone's target list ;-)
And yes.

My elf doomy was my favorite character on Saedron. 135 con + TaN is what you can get on an elf and it's not that far behind a typical mage build, but my priest did make me roll a healer after I died too much.

The nerf to mage debuffs from 2 icons to 1 was a HUGE nerf to this build, and opponent priests double boxing also significantly reduces its effectiveness. For a while it was a beast, though.

I haven't checked that the stacking is working correctly on the emulator, but they stacked for sure on live.

Koots
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Koots » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 am

Vivitron wrote: My elf doomy was my favorite character on Saedron. 135 con + TaN is what you can get on an elf and it's not that far behind a typical mage build, but my priest did make me roll a healer after I died too much.
RFS? :)

Vivitron
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Vivitron » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:31 am

Koots wrote:
Vivitron wrote: My elf doomy was my favorite character on Saedron. 135 con + TaN is what you can get on an elf and it's not that far behind a typical mage build, but my priest did make me roll a healer after I died too much.
RFS? :)
:) I should have named you directly as the one that made me roll the healer! You summoned me back way more than I deserved.

Amaz
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Post by Amaz » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:32 am

Vivitron wrote: My elf doomy was my favorite character on Saedron. 135 con + TaN is what you can get on an elf and it's not that far behind a typical mage build
Its more a perception problem, most players assume that elf mages have 10hp, so see them as an easy target to get off the target list, 7 big fat chaos signs over your head just increases that urge ;-)

I like my mage doomie as well, but its a neph that sits on tier 6 and hopes no one notices him, often the enemy scout is ranging out from his group looking for his opposite, so it works more often than I expected.
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Vivitron
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Vivitron » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:43 am

Amaz wrote:
Vivitron wrote: My elf doomy was my favorite character on Saedron. 135 con + TaN is what you can get on an elf and it's not that far behind a typical mage build
Its more a perception problem, most players assume that elf mages have 10hp, so see them as an easy target to get off the target list, 7 big fat chaos signs over your head just increases that urge ;-)

I like my mage doomie as well, but its a neph that sits on tier 6 and hopes no one notices him, often the enemy scout is ranging out from his group looking for his opposite, so it works more often than I expected.
If only the perception were /more wrong/ we could have exploited it by using the doomsayer as a honeypot target. I think I would survive on it a lot better with the experience I have picked up since then, though. I used to stick around for casts to finish when I should have booked it.

Coolwatersx
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Coolwatersx » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 am

Doolin, you can do it, but I wouldn't recommend it man. Ground based Doomies are pretty terrible if they aren't cows, unfortunately.

DoolinDalton
Snobo
Snobo

Post by DoolinDalton » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:10 am

Was curious. Not much for casters unless they are support. I normally prefer healer or rogue base toons. Only ever rolled one elf and it was a sader.

Konyg
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Konyg » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:30 am

Its more fragile than a glass canon, more of wet toilet paper cannon lol. While fun, you first target 99% of the time

Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Moco » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Coolwatersx wrote:Doolin, you can do it, but I wouldn't recommend it man. Ground based Doomies are pretty terrible if they aren't cows, unfortunately.
most doomies on the field suck, but you can find a few mean non mino ground doomies that will fuck up your supports day :mrgreen:
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Wrought
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Wrought » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:45 pm

You'll find the Wiki still needs a lot of updating. Either the Devs do not have the data, or someone is slacking.

You can take Archmage on a Doomsayer. You could say it's a given with Elf Doomies.

Although mages are fun to play at times, Human/Mino healers are where it's at.
Exalted

Deathmarch
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Deathmarch » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:34 pm

Wrought wrote:You'll find the Wiki still needs a lot of updating. Either the Devs do not have the data, or someone is slacking.

You can take Archmage on a Doomsayer. You could say it's a given with Elf Doomies.

what are you talkin about, elf mage doomies are the best mine burners of all time

Wrought
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Wrought » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Deathmarch wrote:
Wrought wrote:You'll find the Wiki still needs a lot of updating. Either the Devs do not have the data, or someone is slacking.

what are you talkin about, elf mage doomies are the best mine burners of all time
CC Staff ftw.
Exalted

Alinoe
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Alinoe » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:50 am

DoolinDalton wrote:So the Doomsayer page says they cannot take Archmage, but Archmage page says they can. Can they?

Also, does Litany of Will and VOP stack?

Not sure why this is peaking my interest.
Yes, can take archmage
And yes , they stack

quessy
Snobo
Snobo

Post by quessy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:47 am

I cannot view any questions directly from email links or by going to the home page. I get this error.....

Return to “Doomsayer”