Deadliest Scout temps?

Moderator: Test Team

kymatius
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Deadliest Scout temps?

Post by kymatius » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 am

I guess two categories Skydancers & non-Skydancers.

GO!

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Deadliest Scout temps?

Post by Cryfowl » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Deadliest in which regards ? the ability to put out max DPS ? or the ability to kill other scouts. My con/int human proc scouts destroys any bird bow scout but struggles with even average mages because it's really only specced to do one thing - does that count ?
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

kymatius
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by kymatius » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Totally does. Just looking for interesting builds. I have a link to the old UBI forums but very few builds still pull up so am trying to spark people to build our temp libraries.

My build is a Human Dex/Con HR regen dagger tossing Wererat of Doom w/ moderate int. Haven't gotten him fully geared but pulling some nice numbers is wereform.

Aildon
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Aildon » Thu May 01, 2014 8:08 am

Shade/human double Vorg dagger Wererat. Crazy dex, crazy def, crazy dmg. Was able to burst down most stealthers. You get dex/con buffs, movement buffs, GM def debuff, GM pierce expose, GM dmg debuff. Have to carefully manage you forms and dmg chant cooldown. Only normal backstab is available w/o breaking form. And before evaccing from a bird bow, hit him with the stam desiese ^^

Ideal lootbot killer

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Sun May 04, 2014 1:53 am

Aildon wrote:Shade/human double Vorg dagger Wererat. Crazy dex, crazy def, crazy dmg. Was able to burst down most stealthers. You get dex/con buffs, movement buffs, GM def debuff, GM pierce expose, GM dmg debuff. Have to carefully manage you forms and dmg chant cooldown. Only normal backstab is available w/o breaking form. And before evaccing from a bird bow, hit him with the stam desiese ^^

Ideal lootbot killer
I've played this and honestly a con/int Tdag version is better and you'll never have to evac from a bird scout again. They evac from you lol.

Thoron
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by Thoron » Sun May 04, 2014 8:15 am

Can you hit a bird at top tier flight with t-dags?
~Retribution~

sbvera13
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by sbvera13 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Can't even hit tier 3 flight with them, last I checked. Throwing range is bugged.

Max range on live was tier 3.

Vandarr
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Vandarr » Sun May 04, 2014 10:49 pm

I believe the hitboxes haven't been implemented yet, so your range is from center of player to center of target, which reduces things a bit. That *may* be why, but I'd submit it as a defect/bug anyway.

Sig by Dubanka - winning Vandarr entry for team sig contest, October 2013.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon May 05, 2014 3:10 am

people are super protective of their scout builds....but i mean they arent all that secret. I.E. i know all the tricks in the scout book.

You can make a good scout out of any stat spread. High.con/int scouts tend to break apart other scouts well. I've gotten scout hp up to around 5.2k or so. high con scouts are all i've run in CB... until this phase where i built a high int human scout. I also generally just roll human scouts for some reason...i guess its just my thing. People mock the human scout but i always smash other scouts come 1v1. The disc rune combo that tends to win the day would be runecaster/glad/undead hunter. That little heal really does a lot for a character in scout vs scout fights. I've killed a few mages with my int scout too and some huntresses somehow. fun Skah!. You could also try an even stat scout. They can be very formidable. High int/dex vamp scouts also bode well.

On live i ran exclusively on my SD scout...but when pots were introduced i could no longer shrug off bow scouts like the old days, thus i had to change my plan. That monster of a charactor was running 160dex/120int/80con or something like that and started the SD scout uprising of old.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Post by Cryfowl » Mon May 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Thoron wrote:Can you hit a bird at top tier flight with t-dags?
No you can't hit past Tier 3 but they can't land or kill you either and as soon as they figure that one out they always evac or they fall out of the sky and you kill them ooos
tooshifty wrote:people are super protective of their scout builds....but i mean they arent all that secret. I.E. i know all the tricks in the scout book.

You can make a good scout out of any stat spread. High.con/int scouts tend to break apart other scouts well. I've gotten scout hp up to around 5.2k or so. high con scouts are all i've run in CB... until this phase where i built a high int human scout. I also generally just roll human scouts for some reason...i guess its just my thing. People mock the human scout but i always smash other scouts come 1v1. The disc rune combo that tends to win the day would be runecaster/glad/undead hunter. That little heal really does a lot for a character in scout vs scout fights. I've killed a few mages with my int scout too and some huntresses somehow. fun Skah!. You could also try an even stat scout. They can be very formidable. High int/dex vamp scouts also bode well.

On live i ran exclusively on my SD scout...but when pots were introduced i could no longer shrug off bow scouts like the old days, thus i had to change my plan. That monster of a character was running 160dex/120int/80con or something like that and started the SD scout uprising of old.
You are kind of right about the builds. There are only a very small handful of truly dominant builds and it's not hard to figure one out once you know the basics. What separates those who excel from the rest of the pack is obviously play. In fact I'd place play as far more valuable when it comes to scouts because let's be honest a scout is one of the simplest classes to build (and play compared to other classes) in the game. IMO player skill accounts for 75% of a successful scout though. And there are so so so many in the game that never bother to play one toon long enough to get that good. Humans are my personal favorite for playing scouts as well and with good reason. Of course the Aelf can be built almost identically and the only thing that separates them is the snare break / trains. Not only can you hit %k health on them but you can also easily get another 2k+ HP during the fight via mana.

I can't believe you recommend an even stat build though I wouldn't even use one for a group recon scout. They will lose every time to just about any of the other dominant builds out there. But then I ten d to be an extremist not a generalist. And while the INt/dex vamp isn't a bad build it's not superb either because they are much more limited in playstyle and if your opponent knows this you're done.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon May 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
Thoron wrote:Can you hit a bird at top tier flight with t-dags?
No you can't hit past Tier 3 but they can't land or kill you either and as soon as they figure that one out they always evac or they fall out of the sky and you kill them ooos
tooshifty wrote:people are super protective of their scout builds....but i mean they arent all that secret. I.E. i know all the tricks in the scout book.

On live i ran exclusively on my SD scout...but when pots were introduced i could no longer shrug off bow scouts like the old days, thus i had to change my plan. That monster of a character was running 160dex/120int/80con or something like that and started the SD scout uprising of old.
You are kind of right about the builds. There are only a very small handful of truly dominant builds and it's not hard to figure one out once you know the basics. What separates those who excel from the rest of the pack is obviously play. In fact I'd place play as far more valuable when it comes to scouts because let's be honest a scout is one of the simplest classes to build (and play compared to other classes) in the game. IMO player skill accounts for 75% of a successful scout though. And there are so so so many in the game that never bother to play one toon long enough to get that good. Humans are my personal favorite for playing scouts as well and with good reason. Of course the Aelf can be built almost identically and the only thing that separates them is the snare break / trains. Not only can you hit %k health on them but you can also easily get another 2k+ HP during the fight via mana.

I can't believe you recommend an even stat build though I wouldn't even use one for a group recon scout. They will lose every time to just about any of the other dominant builds out there. But then I ten d to be an extremist not a generalist. And while the INt/dex vamp isn't a bad build it's not superb either because they are much more limited in playstyle and if your opponent knows this you're done.
as far as scout vs scout goes i've never actually lost to a vamp scout-not even once. Mind you i'v lost maybe a total of 5 or less times 1v1 on all my scouts combined throughout all the CB phases combined. Most of those losses were on my high con human wererat running stats like 155con/80int/115dex. Whenever i had my dagger vamp scout out it was simply to hide on the edges and summon me places for vorg hunting; stylbane summons ftw. If i had actually pvped with it 1v1 against other scouts it would have been smashed because of the T-dagger variation.

I would only reccomend going in the even stats direction if your a bird scout. I dont mean litterally all stats hitting the same number. I mean more a spread of like 135dex/100con/120int, This build specifically comes down to play ability. It works well if you play it right. I havent had one since live though so im not sure how it fares against the builds i've been smashing people with lately.

Personally i'd make a vamp scout with like 170int/110dex/100con. That gives you like 2100-2200def with the good vorg bits and around 3khp, and you proc and drain for a monsterous amount of dammage. I prefer my human wererat variation the most. i do not like the 65con vamp scouts very much...though their dps is unmatched.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Mist
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mist » Thu May 15, 2014 12:23 pm

tooshifty wrote:
Personally i'd make a vamp scout with like 170int/110dex/100con. That gives you like 2100-2200def with the good vorg bits and around 3khp, and you proc and drain for a monsterous amount of dammage. I prefer my human wererat variation the most. i do not like the 65con vamp scouts very much...though their dps is unmatched.

i don't see how this point spread is possible, even if one takes no starting traits, can you please explain for dumb noobs like me. with 100 con on a vamp scout, you'll only get about 2700 health, you'll need all con jewels to get 3k

Kuvoran
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Kuvoran » Thu May 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Mist wrote:
tooshifty wrote:

i don't see how this point spread is possible, even if one takes no starting traits, can you please explain for dumb noobs like me. with 100 con on a vamp scout, you'll only get about 2700 health, you'll need all con jewels to get 3k
That stat spread is not possible, to achieve 170int you would need to take a starter int rune, which would mean you be at 98/99dex, with 170int/100con.

However, GM Buffs + 12 con suffix on jewelry would net you 3182hp with 100con base (per Arkanis Character Builder).

Verbin
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Verbin » Sat May 17, 2014 1:49 am

I want to duel you shifty :) And even stats on a bird fails and with almost all scouts. Pick your poison and stick with it, first lesson I ever learned about toon building in SB. And its even more important on rogues in general. There's not enough points. I'd rather be stacked in 2 stats and build around it than be sub par in 3 TBH.

On Topic: Non-SD Bow: My shade regen proc scout: Peerless Of Obliv War bow, 12 con/35 regen jewels/holy res(if glass is in game go poison). UH, Rat Catcher(usually go BM but have been testing), Rune Caster, Glad. 75 pierce res. My suit last beta all resource rolled. 45 holy res(on shade its 25 after thier inate -20) I trashed all bow scouts, and then it was glass fest, so naturally i had a poison res bot. It destroyed bird glass bane. And with random rolled gear and PoO war bow its doing very well this beta. Best bow scout I ever made.

NoNBow: Ireckei SD was a blast on live. Most people were running vamps, and birds weren't as overplayed on Malog as here. I tore it up on him. Double proc khans with UH was BEAST. Stance Dance build.

SD: They are Gimp :) With the exception of ua birds. those things are monsters.

Mist
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Mist » Sat May 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Kuvoran wrote:
That stat spread is not possible, to achieve 170int you would need to take a starter int rune, which would mean you be at 98/99dex, with 170int/100con.

However, GM Buffs + 12 con suffix on jewelry would net you 3182hp with 100con base (per Arkanis Character Builder).
I should thank you for making my point in a tactful way.

Vandarr
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Vandarr » Sat May 17, 2014 10:49 pm

My primary build was posted on the old ubi scout forums when I was the advocate. Agel posted the aelf version, mine was the human and nearly identical.

Sig by Dubanka - winning Vandarr entry for team sig contest, October 2013.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon May 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Mist wrote:
Kuvoran wrote:

I should thank you for making my point in a tactful way.
ok not the exact numbers but close. I cant remember the exact amount of stat points a vamp holds over other classes...but isnt it around 15 ...20 points. Maybe the con dex I had was more like 90.95. Either way the hp and def and proc dmg were all accurate and the thing is a solid toon compared to other vamps imo.

Still...you wont see me on a vamp scout.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

ominoussky
Snobo
Snobo

Post by ominoussky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:11 pm

yo verbin hit me up sometime wanna play this new sbeu could use a little help getting this working keeps telling me the arcaneip file I saved over doesn't exist

Return to “Scout”