5v5 Champion

Sword of Saint Marlon

Post by peekachew » Thu May 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Server Rev #: 5387

Character Information (race, class, level): templar, human any level

Location: (Macrozone/Microzone/Coordinates) Any where in da lands

Bug Summary:

Steps to Reproduce:
Dot a character with with high defense with saint marlons sword dot... notice dot doesn't go off... dot a character with sword dot on sdr turtle notice dot still doesn't go off.

Additional Information:

This auto hit being changed over to check the swords atr... is not working correctly. It seems as though its not factoring in the skill trains from sword and thaum for the dots atr. I think the dots atr is probably sitting at base levels and the only reason it hits is because everything has a 5 percent chance to land. This may be why on live... it was never working as intended, perhaps ubi couldnt get it to work right. We tested this extensively yesterday on crusaders with lower than 400 defense and sdr-turtles. The sword dot missed literally almost every time we tried to apply the dot.

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Sword of Saint Marlon

Post by zenjah » Thu May 23, 2013 12:49 pm

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reason it was auto-hit on live, despite what documentation said it was supposed to do, is because they couldn't get it to work properly with to-hit rolls.
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

peekachew
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by peekachew » Fri May 24, 2013 1:05 pm

zenjah wrote:I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reason it was auto-hit on live, despite what documentation said it was supposed to do, is because they couldn't get it to work properly with to-hit rolls.
I've spoke to probably over 10+ career templar players... not one of them that played until it closed can remember the dot checking atr... they all said it was auto hit.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Fri May 24, 2013 1:09 pm

I was playing a huntress when the change came in, and remember the whining on the forum. All class weapon power dots had an atr check added near the end.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

peekachew
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by peekachew » Fri May 24, 2013 1:13 pm

Ajushi wrote:I was playing a huntress when the change came in, and remember the whining on the forum. All class weapon power dots had an atr check added near the end.

Correct it did affect the huntress and wyrm slayer powers but for some reason, templars got an over look. I think this was intentional the Devs loved thieves and templars imo. Have you tested the power ajushi? My guess is probably not... go test it and come back and tell me if you think its working according to the change you believe. It doesn't matter who's whos right or whos wrong in that case problem being it's broken to Skah! in its current state.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Fri May 24, 2013 1:15 pm

I haven't made a templar since vengeance. edit - wrath actually.

I'm fine with them all being auto hit btw, just reporting what I remember.
Last edited by Ajushi on Fri May 24, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by zenjah » Fri May 24, 2013 1:17 pm

peekachew wrote:
zenjah wrote:I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reason it was auto-hit on live, despite what documentation said it was supposed to do, is because they couldn't get it to work properly with to-hit rolls.
I've spoke to probably over 10+ career templar players... not one of them that played until it closed can remember the dot checking atr... they all said it was auto hit.
Yep. My comment is speculation about why it was auto-hit.
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.

peekachew
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by peekachew » Fri May 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Papah wrote:does the huntress dot atr have the same failure as the templar?
I havent tested it extensively but from what i noticed no... it does not... it actually seems to land on people the templar dot always misses now.

Heyzeuss
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Heyzeuss » Sun May 26, 2013 4:31 pm

chet wrote:The dots were autohit on live.
I can't believe we're having this conversation still... but this is also how I remember it.

Return to “Templar”