The time you have all been waiting for has finally come!
On October 12th, SBEmu will be hosting a public game preview! That's right, anyone can join in!
Come see how far the game has come, and help us test the load capacity of our servers.
Connecting to SBEmu
First, make sure that you have a patched Shadowbane client (you can usually find it on torrent sites).
Next, you have to tell the client to connect to a different server. Access your server reference file by going into the Shadowbane directory's "Config" folder. Open the file "ArcaneIP.cfg" file with notepad, and make sure the information inside looks like the following:
Code: Select all
SERVER= SB-LS.ShadowbaneEmulator.com PORT= 6000
- Q: What map will be used?
- A: This preview will be on the Aerynth map.
- Q: What has changed since before?
- A: A lot! Many of the old, annoying bugs you experienced on the last preview are fixed. Combat is extremely stable. You can also form your own guild and build it a city!
- Q: How long do we get to play?
- A: We are planning on just one week
- Q: What if I want to play after the preview?
- A: Apply to become a closed beta tester here. We will also be holding many events and contests that award closed beta invitations. Stay tuned!
Please keep an eye on this announcement. We will post any preview-related news under this post.