Aracoix Warlock

Zergs
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Re: Aracoix Warlock

Post by Zergs » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:19 am

Pollarixie wrote:Neph fighter locks > all.
It is absolute imperative that people realize this!

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:51 am

I don't want a million people playing them.

Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Post by Namosa » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Pollarixie wrote:I don't want a million people playing them.

I do trolololo, easy kills.

SB Character Creator
EXCEL http://www.tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator
Open Office http://tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator-OO

Shadowbane client DL (PW: shadowbane)
Direct Download

stonemason11
Snobo
Snobo

Post by stonemason11 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Aracoix throwing dagger proclock

kyntyn
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Post by kyntyn » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Subpar warlock race
" the truth is out and eventually this will all die out."- Peekachew discussing the fact on how -x- cheating will eventually not be discussed.

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:56 pm

You're a subpar choice. <5

Chaotic
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Chaotic » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:31 am

Pollarixie wrote:You're a subpar choice. <5
You missed <3 by 2 keys, thats mega fial <#

Nephs do it better in that case, which was what you said polla, who's side are you on again? Or are you just trolling the forums fearlessly?

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:53 am

It was done purposely, those who know me recognize it.

I am on the side that doesn't play birds.

Chaotic
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Chaotic » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:09 am

Pollarixie wrote:It was done purposely, those who know me recognize it.

I am on the side that doesn't play birds.
Sorry for the doubts then, I do not know you.

Does that come from ultimately playing mages as a primary choice? Or is that related to some sort of birdophobia?

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:15 pm

It actually comes from certain people making claims that birds are the best rogues, and other stupid Skah! like that.

I've played birds, just prefer most land based toons over them. If I want to fly, I'll play a neph.

Chaotic
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Chaotic » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:54 am

Pollarixie wrote:It actually comes from certain people making claims that birds are the best rogues, and other stupid s*** like that.

I've played birds, just prefer most land based toons over them. If I want to fly, I'll play a neph.
I personally don't get to play birds much, but I don't hold grudge against em. I usually play either heavy melee, mage, or whats inbetween - hybrids. Birds such in those fields so like I said, I don't get to play them much. The bird character I play the most is an arcoix rouge ranger, and even that one isn't the "standard rouge" build, its based on str/con, dodge and double axes.

Arcoix do make good thieves and scouts due to the dmg moderator they get from skydancer, but these are only 2 classes, and even on those classes its debatable. I think birds make the best rouges is an exaggerated statement. But, I'm not the one to judge, I don't play rouge as much as most people.

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 am

I've recently been into trying to make something off the wall that is still viable.

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:09 am

That's all I know you for. Keep trying, dude.

Honestly, you could make anything and all it takes is a build on the forums, a bit of perseverance in game to dominate some scrubs and maybe a video and you could be the next Magnesium, Dahk or Bofis.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:41 am

Oh man, Ajushi told me to try harder. How lucky am I?

BazookaTooth
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by BazookaTooth » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:54 am

I have played a nuker lock bird(on lore) and obviously it could be bettered by other races and a staff using bird lock on test (I would not waste my time on a regular exp server building one). The staff bird was fun for fighting in PVP towns and what not, but it had the same problem all fighters without athletics or good stamina returns had, it would have stamina problems. But a fun novelty build when you have built everything else.

EmperorOfPain
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by EmperorOfPain » Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Pollarixie wrote:Staff locks are fun, but cloth melee mage locks are even better.
Skah! yeah

Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Ajushi » Thu May 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Pollarixie wrote:Oh man, Ajushi told me to try harder. How lucky am I?
That's just the type of sarcastic crap I type when I have had a drink (maybe 30% of my total posts). I got no problem with you Rixie.
Now you must build the lies you have told.

Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Post by Pollarixie » Thu May 10, 2012 9:56 pm

I used to be a big drunk poster. Lol.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:48 pm

stonemason11 wrote:Aracoix throwing dagger proclock
finally someone on topic and with a good idea lol.

I kinda feel bad for most of the people posting that they dont see what fighter locks can actually do...and imo arcoix is the best race for fighter locks. My arcoix warlock build is very unorthodox, but hard to kill. Remember u can take savant and the heal hits for over 600 if your high int. u can take skydancer which gives you throwing and u can proc extra fast and extra hard with throwing daggers, though my build is with dual psiblades. the only problem with making a con base warlock is no gladiator rune...but the coix heal can make up for that in spades. plus you get mad mana regen. deflocks are great and all, but their damage can be low, thats why people often go vampire or duel wield etc. it is harder to make a good warlock build compared to other classes it seems though.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Pollarixie wrote:I've recently been into trying to make something off the wall that is still viable.
thats all i ever do. h8 making things everyone else has. but they have to be BOSS.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

BazookaTooth
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by BazookaTooth » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:38 pm

tooshifty wrote:

I kinda feel bad for most of the people posting that they dont see what fighter locks can actually do...and imo arcoix is the best race for fighter locks. My arcoix warlock build is very unorthodox, but hard to kill. Remember u can take savant and the heal hits for over 600 if your high int. u can take skydancer which gives you throwing and u can proc extra fast and extra hard with throwing daggers, though my build is with dual psiblades. the only problem with making a con base warlock is no gladiator rune...but the coix heal can make up for that in spades. plus you get mad mana regen. deflocks are great and all, but their damage can be low, thats why people often go vampire or duel wield etc. it is harder to make a good warlock build compared to other classes it seems though.
If you have decent int and not high def you will have points for the lock heal.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:43 am

BazookaTooth wrote:
tooshifty wrote:

If you have decent int and not high def you will have points for the lock heal.
unless they changed savant heal like they moded bp...savant heal is a heal over time, and that coupled w/ warlock heal = hard to kill. so both is the whole point.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

BazookaTooth
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by BazookaTooth » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:31 am

Yeah it is still a HoT but it wont be ticking in the 600's I can tell you that. Unless you have int/spr jewells and sit down.

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by tooshifty » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:55 am

mmm sitting heals. standing you can barley can make it, and ya, ur not ticking that number often. i cant remember if i was playing around and putting int cloth on it but i remember seeing the 600 number. Garaunteed 500's.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Arathane
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Arathane » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:10 am

A lot of BM Warlock templates. Not any actual Def Lock postings. As to locks not being viable, I disagree, great debuffs, AoE has great range, easily a Def beast with Passive Def along side. A great heal, snares, stuns, yes, really the lock's power comes from being defensive based. They're not a charge in and destroy class. They do make great Macro Chars, and I have seen a lot of experimental Warlocks, as a BM, Dual Psy Blades, but Mage or Fighter they can be versatile, and the mental debuff is very fast acting. I remember on Mourning running solid groups of Def Locks with Dominion and doing quite well.

Co-Founder & Leader of Retribution, (Www.RetributionHQ.Org - Multigaming PvP Community, Rift/ WoW/ MineCraft/ Leauge)
Retired High Lord of OotB SB, also played with PKM, Crash, TF, DC

Rewen
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Twitch: rewenx

Post by Rewen » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:24 pm

I want birdlock to work so badly. In fact, my original RP character was one, but it's a terrible build. By the time you've trained your focus skills, you have enough trains left for 3-4 actual powers. Then there's the fact that you have Skah! for mana and your mana drain is not ranged.

I would really like to see Savant grant 10 Int (like how Valkyr gives Str) and also give them a dual damage boost like Sentinels and Templars have.

Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Post by Hidetade » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Rewen wrote:I want birdlock to work so badly. In fact, my original RP character was one, but it's a terrible build. By the time you've trained your focus skills, you have enough trains left for 3-4 actual powers. Then there's the fact that you have Skah! for mana and your mana drain is not ranged.

I would really like to see Savant grant 10 Int (like how Valkyr gives Str) and also give them a dual damage boost like Sentinels and Templars have.
Please rationalize this for us, Rewen. ;)

Jellyfish - GL :: Order of the Pink Pansies - IC :: House of Errants - FM

Rewen
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Twitch: rewenx

Post by Rewen » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Well, fighter locks are a spell and meele hybrid class just like Templar and Sentinel. For instance, a Templar can have similar (albeit perhaps slightly inferior) defense, but still have worthwhile DPS capabilities in defense stance. A warlock has to stance-dance to get a fraction of the Templar's damage. The fighter Warlock is the one of the few casting casting classes that does not receive a personal power damage buff from their stance OR a power, probably due to the fact that it is the only class which can be fighter or mage.

This obviously doesn't apply to mage locks. Mage locks are perfectly balanced IMO. The fighter has fallen by the wayside.

Return to “Warlock, Warrior of the Mind”