Dalgoth Test Server, Our Launcher & 2.0

A storage place for old announcements
Starfish
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Dalgoth Test Server, Our Launcher & 2.0

Post by Starfish » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Dalgoth Test Server

Hello all, a bit of a quick update for you all! Our Dalgoth server opening on the 15th of January (this Friday) will be branded a test server. This is due to the tremendous feedback and interest we've had in 2.0. This means we'll be diverting our attention to getting 2.0 ready as soon as possible, with all hands on deck, and getting you that "classic-lite" experience as soon as we are able. Dalgoth will still be opening on the 15th of January, but it will be a shorter phase than initially thought, on top of that it will also have 5x XP & higher gold rates to make it easier to get into for all of you jumping back into the game after a hiatus. This is a perfect chance to shake off the rust and help us test some of our new frameworks that will exist on Dalgoth and be refined for 2.0. See more of that below!
  • So Dalgoth is a test server now?
    • Yes. All that means is we're directing our attention to 2.0, so we can get it to you quicker. It also means XP & Gold will be faster & easier to come by, and that when 2.0 is ready we'll close down on Dalgoth.
  • I'm more interested in the classic-lite version you talked about. Should I not play Dalgoth?
    • It's awesome how much interest there is in 2.0. We're working on finishing it as soon as possible. That doesn't mean skip Dalgoth though, it'll help you shake off the rust and we could really use the help testing out some of our new frameworks. We've increased the XP & Gold rates to make it easy on you all!

SBEmu Launcher

We've got some really exciting news, too! Our developers have been working on a Launcher for the project for some time, and Chimpy has recently made major headway into having a complete version. We believe this will be ready to go (V1.0) for Dalgoth on the 15th.
  • What does the launcher do?
    • The launcher handles all future patching for you. No need to check the website.
    • This allows the team to put out much more regular patches and bug fixes.
    • In version 1.0, the launcher will completely disallow multiboxing. The Dalgoth test server will be a single boxing test environment. However, for 2.0, our major release coming in the next few months, it will monitor multiboxing, allowing you to log as many characters on as you like, but every character after the first will be restricted to Trading, City Management or being PLed. Every character after the first will be unable to cast a spell or deal damage.
    • Switching accounts (eg, switching from a character on Starfish_1 to a character on Starfish_2) will now require you to close your SB client and re-open it using the launcher. This is a PSA. Simply logging out and switching accounts will not work.

2.0 Launch

SBEmu 2.0 will be our major upcoming launch, and we're working to get it out as soon as we can. Once it's ready, we'll give 1-2 weeks advance notice and shut down our Dalgoth test server (which is opening on the 15th). You can help test on Dalgoth and get involved with our Launcher, our singleboxing framework, our anti-zerg/boxing bane bonus and our more frequent patching schedule. We're aiming to have SBEmu 2.0 complete within 2-3 months, but it may be later or sooner.

Some of the features of 2.0 will include:

Classic balance, a new mapset and an updated levelling process. See our Dev Diary post for this: Click Here
  • Classic-esque Balance - we're reverting much of the RiF balancing, though some individual changes will stay based on feedback. We're taking the best of RiF (about 25% of the RiF patch notes - none of the big class reworks) and putting it into a more classic era balance environment.
  • Switch to Vorringia
  • Updated Noob Island - see the Dev Diary post for this.

Our updated & new frameworks which will be tested on Dalgoth

• Multiboxing, but only 1 character will function, the other will strictly be usable for Trading, being PLed or city management; they cannot cast. All the convenience, none of the frustration.
  • Anti-boxing/anti-zerg bane bonus
  • Frequent/regular patch cycle
  • Regular and consistent feedback & contact from the team
  • A community feedback focused patching agenda

We should have the Launcher and full client available on the 14th or early on the 15th. Stay tuned!

s3615
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Dalgoth Test Server, Our Launcher & 2.0

Post by s3615 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:32 pm

it's awesome

diesl80
Snobo
Snobo

Post by diesl80 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:06 am

Do we have a Launch time? I need to know when to ditch out of work.

RavenHawk
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by RavenHawk » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:48 am

Glad to see this emu back on track. Looking forward to returning.

Braxis
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Post by Braxis » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Super excited for the launcher, and the boxing work

sb945
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by sb945 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:14 pm

It is necessary to open a test server before the formal server is turned on.
We would like to know how long the test server will be open?
Thanks!

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:05 am

Starfish wrote: In version 1.0, the launcher will completely disallow multiboxing. The Dalgoth test server will be a single boxing test environment. However, for 2.0, our major release coming in the next few months, it will monitor multiboxing, allowing you to log as many characters on as you like, but every character after the first will be restricted to Trading, City Management or being PLed. Every character after the first will be unable to cast a spell or deal damage

That's a pretty good happy medium..

Dachende
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Post by Dachende » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:20 am

I really like where you are going with this multiboxing change. Good things come to those who wait !

HELMET
Snobo
Snobo

Post by HELMET » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:21 am

Are u guys gonna bring back the vault keeper?
I realy mis that guy.

tawdry
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Post by tawdry » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:55 am

Really good idea with the dual box no cast powers workaround wish I had thought of that.

Tahllol
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Post by Tahllol » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:58 am

diesl80 wrote:Do we have a Launch time? I need to know when to ditch out of work.
Not that I've seen, though it is a work day for most people, except the CN of course which was expected and normal.

Whatever
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Whatever » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:43 pm

the multiboxing aspect of the launcher wont work if people use more then 1 computer, right ?

Wolfman1
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Wolfman1 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Whatever wrote:the multiboxing aspect of the launcher wont work if people use more then 1 computer, right ?
Nope, unless they decide to filter on IP as well. But, thats a bad idea, since friends playing together will have the same IP. They could filter om MAC address, but then it gets very (and unessisary) complicated.
Most things can be bypassed, but some of the options require more than regular IT skillz to bypass.

shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Post by shadowboxer » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Wolfman1 wrote:
Whatever wrote:the multiboxing aspect of the launcher wont work if people use more then 1 computer, right ?
Nope, unless they decide to filter on IP as well. But, thats a bad idea, since friends playing together will have the same IP. They could filter om MAC address, but then it gets very (and unessisary) complicated.
Most things can be bypassed, but some of the options require more than regular IT skillz to bypass.

Very easy to prevent more than 1 instance of app locked to a computer as well as hardware locking, no need for an IP tracking. Trust me, we do this with our software. Unless someone wants to spend 100's of hours trying to decompile, decrypt and than trying to understand spaghetti code with zero width strings, I'd say good luck at trying. Than throw in muli-layering with delayed error messages, add some active runtime interference when someone tries to tamper/decompile and a little verification process that corrupts runtime state if protected assemblies or it's third party dependencies have been modified....and oh boy you won't even waste your time.

Wolfman1
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Wolfman1 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:29 pm

shadowboxer wrote: Very easy to prevent more than 1 instance of app locked to a computer as well as hardware locking, no need for an IP tracking. Trust me, we do this with our software. Unless someone wants to spend 100's of hours trying to decompile, decrypt and than trying to understand spaghetti code with zero width strings, I'd say good luck at trying. Than throw in muli-layering with delayed error messages, add some active runtime interference when someone tries to tamper/decompile and a little verification process that corrupts runtime state if protected assemblies or it's third party dependencies have been modified....and oh boy you won't even waste your time.
It all boils down to how much effort they are putting into the launcher to prevent effective multiboxing. Time will show, and also how easy (or not) it can be bypassed for those who have the skills. Its a free game, they develop on spare time so I dont think they are willing to put hundreds of hour into making a bullet proof laucher.

I am not saying that there isnt ways of preventing double apps from running, but there is also ways of making an app think it is running alone on your cpu.

Chariakin
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Chariakin » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Will the wizard nerfs be reverted ?

Tavik25
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Tavik25 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:04 pm

where can you find the 24.3 patch notes?

RealSabertooth
Snobo
Snobo

Post by RealSabertooth » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Goto Morloch Wiki and search from that page ( box on the left of page ) 24.3

RealSabertooth
Snobo
Snobo

Post by RealSabertooth » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Hello Devs It is night b-4 launch where is new launcher download info ? Please don't leave us hanging again People can not handle another un announced delay .A lot of us have booked day of work based on the 15 th as being start up .

Schmotz
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Schmotz » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:17 pm

RealSabertooth wrote:Hello Devs It is night b-4 launch where is new launcher download info ? Please don't leave us hanging again People can not handle another un announced delay .A lot of us have booked day of work based on the 15 th as being start up .

I believe Chimpy said he was making a URL for the new launcher.

ConcernedCitizen
Snobo
Snobo

Post by ConcernedCitizen » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:32 am

shadowboxer wrote: That's a pretty good happy medium..

It's not. It's only marginally less severe than a strict single box policy. Two or three active accounts gives the player considerably more flexibility and is the more moderate position

Immortalis
Snobo
Snobo

Post by Immortalis » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:10 pm

what patch is this running on?

nsteele2
Snobo
Snobo

Post by nsteele2 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:21 pm

Is this going to be another one of them "reply in 90 day's" things you are pulling like the last server update?

Find it so incredibly rude to announce a date and not give any updates which would take 2 seconds..... Chimp was even on for a few hours this morning and didn't make a single post regarding "hey we are working on it, or the port forwarding is giving us issues", are you all playing Blade and Soul on its release date today instead of finishing the project?

I understand it is a free project, but respecting your community/supporters seems like a pretty reasonable request considering it takes 2 seconds to post an update.

somewhat-Patiently burning my PTO waiting for launch or a reply....
-Unknown

Phylor
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Post by Phylor » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:00 pm

nsteele2 wrote:Is this going to be another one of them "reply in 90 day's" things you are pulling like the last server update?

Find it so incredibly rude to announce a date and not give any updates which would take 2 seconds..... Chimp was even on for a few hours this morning and didn't make a single post regarding "hey we are working on it, or the port forwarding is giving us issues", are you all playing Blade and Soul on its release date today instead of finishing the project?

I understand it is a free project, but respecting your community/supporters seems like a pretty reasonable request considering it takes 2 seconds to post an update.

somewhat-Patiently burning my PTO waiting for launch or a reply....
-Unknown

Chimpy doesn't make the decisions or announcements related to server up as far as I know. That is primarily Skitzer's job.

Most server ups have been in the evening so I doubt that this will be any different seeing as most of them do have to work during the day like everyone else.

crossby
Snobo
Snobo

Post by crossby » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:43 am

Super excited for the launcher, and the boxing work
gclub

jad123
Snobo
Snobo

Post by jad123 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:31 am

YAKOKO wrote:Nothing in the world is the CSGO Skins only thing that is in constant change.
I don't swing that way!
InfantigoTragusRx

Return to “Archived”